Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. robwhit1

robwhit1 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I’ll back it, but 8000? Wow that’s a high number for backing a $600 figure. I’m hoping they make it but I have my doubts.

Honestly it looks like the design phase is done. Seems like they could make a profit with much less than 8000 units. I’ll also add that the quality/materials/build needs to be closer to 3P (not main line Hasbro) for 600. No one would be happy with a a little bit taller Metroplex at 600.

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because Hasbro has been releasing those a break-neck clip as of late. You pretty much need to pony up $125 every other month (occasionally back-to-back months) if you want to keep up with the waves and the Build-A-Figures. Not to mention the various multi-pack releases and the Ultimate (vehicles) assortments on top of that. And the additional exclusives.

He's just saying that he's already paying his monthly Hasbro dues, so the extra $600 dump on top of that is pretty harsh.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fallout

Fallout crack pipes needles pcp and fast cars

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    yeah, but why do you assume a bunch of the target audience for this forum collects marvel legends?

4. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    We're near 700 in half a day of the campaign, who knows what can happen next in 43 days.

• Like Like x 1
  5. C16

C16 Space Nomad

Jetfire and Omega will be around after they release. This won't.

• Like Like x 2
  6. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Let's just say though.. No Beard No Buys!!

#BeardsUnite!

• Like Like x 3
  7. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    I’m not assuming, just sharing my opinion from my perspective being a fan of hasbro in general.

8. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Nifty

News Credits:
    That it is open [currently] exclusive to the US market is unfortunate. I understand why Hasbro does it from a logical point of view. And I don't care for it all the same because of how it eliminates potential customers.

But I don't think trying to sell it out in smaller pieces benefits you the way you think it will.

Anyone who bought the GI Joe MASS device sets can tell you how miserable finding the fifth and final piece of that was. And it was a mass release item.

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you.

9. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Good point.

10. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Nifty

News Credits:
    I think he is just saying his other hobbies are also a drain on his wallet. Legends are twenty-something a piece and come out quite frequently these days.

11. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

Hasbro should not be crowdfunding anything. Hasbro is the world's largest toy manufacturer, what Hasbro should offer via Hasbro Pulse are preorders, with X amount of monthly payment plan, if Hot Toys/Sideshow Toys, can offer this, there is no reason Hasbro cannot. Hot Toys Hulkbuster Ironman coming out soon is a $1,300, twice the cost of Unicron, but there is a monthly payment plan for those who want the piece, and prefer to make several smaller payments. Code 3 die cast models did this, I bought the Star Wars line when Code 3 was producing SW pieces and Code 3 offered several smaller monthly payments.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

#BringUnicronToRetail!

13. AnimeColossus

AnimeColossus Definitely not Dio.

upload_2019-7-15_20-42-2.png

• Like Like x 4
  14. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

I am really hoping an online store is able to get these and offer an installment plan. I mean, even Mattel offered an installment plan for Snake Mountain.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Zyros

Zyros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This figure would be $900 shipped in Canada, and they want it in 1.5 months. That's laughable.

I'll reconsider if they offer a payment plan, because then it'll be more manageable to budget for, but I'm not about to fork out a near-grand over a year in advance to crowdfund for Hasbro. Save crowdfunding for small indie studios, big business can fund their own projects.

• Like Like x 5
  16. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Which is fair there's no good answer here, but paying it smaller amounts is more what I was going for. Hooooowever Hasbro hasn't given us that option it's literally "Get us $40,000 in a month or no Unicron. And don't bother asking your international friends for help.". There has to have been a better way than this.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Crazy like the Fox

...You mean the two times they've tried making a proper planet Unicron transformer? The original 1986 prototype was...well, infamously stupid looking for a reason so maybe it was a good thing it never hit stores, but the other one is the 2003 Armada Unicron mold from which all the big Unicrons have been derived from until now. After all, the original Supreme class Unicron is fairly robust, already looked pretty damn close to the original in terms of sculpt detailing and looks aside from the head, and it was a hell of a lot cheaper to just reuse that mold over and over as opposed to having to sink in money just to get a brand new Unicron mold in a class size most stores refuse to even carry anymore.

This thing is taller than the Generation Fortress Maximus mold, which itself is over two feet tall. I mean, how big do you think it needs to be if taller than a freakin human toddler somehow isn't big enough?

...why? Electronics typically are terrible additions that serve only to add gimmicks to make the toy more appealing to children. This is a figure purposefully aimed at the adult demographic who will put this on a shelf or behind glass given it needs its own exclusive stand to support a 19 lb planetoid. Plus, what good would electronics even offer, here? The original 2003 Unicron had exactly TWO electronic gimmicks: a light up hand, and a light up head.

I think they went the way they did for maximum accuracy to the original model and it isn't like partsforming isn't a thing anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What retailer would sell it? That's kinda the crux of the problem regarding this toy's availability.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Nifty

News Credits:
    I want to bring this up again since it got lost in the rabble.

• Like Like x 4
  20. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Surely they can afford to produce an initial wave then have it be made to order after that.