Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I think our timelines are confused. I thought you were speaking solely about the here and now before Brexit happened and I was responding to the success of the campaign before it happened. Your comment now makes me think you were speaking about when Brexit's new deadline on October 31st happens (which I'd be honestly surprised if it went through then and wasn't extended until the end of time).

However, if it does go through and it affects the EU in a devastating way, I honestly think that you may be one of the people panicking. Which means it doesn't matter how much of a discount anyone tries to sell Unicron at, you may not be in a position to afford him (but international buyers who missed out on him the first time will be and will pay a lot more). And if you don't live in the EU, then the shipping and import cost, even with a massive discount, will be about the same as if you ordered it directly from Pulse so... that really isn't a winning strategy.

If you want him and can afford him, just get him now. Some places even offer payment plans. If the price itself offends you, I understand. It's a lot of money for something that's not even a finished product yet. But considering the quality of Siege and the Sail Barge are said to be better than previous lines in terms of QC, I can say that odds are looking good that it'll be a great toy. I wouldn't miss out on him just because you wanted a discount. The Barge people who felt the same way are being burned right now. If you can't afford him, that's a different story that I unfortunately am in no position to assist with. But maybe someone else here can. Ask around.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't, huh?

Hasbro's doing fine.

• Like Like x 1
  2. foobot333

foobot333 Well-Known Member

Cool video? Do we get that poster if Unicron gets made?

• Like Like x 2
  3. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is better from a marketing standpoint, I suppose, but it leaves me a little confused. Is this meant to suggest that backers will be getting the poster along with Unicron or is it just a "hey, look at this kinda neat thing?"

• Like Like x 5
  4. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wanna comment something but....I can't I Cant make the only Alex jones meme I know, SFW
    I HOPE SO! It looks awesome

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Fine, let me be more precise.

Unless it is a movie masterpiece figure hasbro doesn’t currently care. They aren’t bothering to release any of the figures domestically, instead choosing to import them. Why would they initiate a project for a line they seldom support? On the other hand hasbro has been pushing generations pretty hard the last few years and from that perspective it makes perfect sense that the first haslab project for transformers is a generations figure.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, you need to get out more. There are tons of Alex Jones riffs. (Used to hear him all the time when he was a guest on Coast to Coast AM Radio)
    1. Gay Frogs
    2. FEMA Death Camps
    3. Fluoridation of the water supply
    4. Bilderburg Conspiracy
    5. Bohemian Grove Conspiracy
    6. Chemtrails
    7. Weaponized Weather

Pretty sure he also had something against mass-produced, canned goods too.

That cat was a riot.

• Like Like x 2
  7. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    if it'll keep us occupied during the two year wait of production I'm looking forward to it...

• Like Like x 1
  8. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

What line of life size Sesame Street toys was Hasbro supporting with a life sized Cookie Monster?

And Hasbro did support MP’s when retailers wanted them, so the claim that they have no interest in supporting it is baseless.

Not to mention you are stuck on the idea that if they don’t do it for their retail business in the US they won’t do it for HasLab...except for the fact that is exactly what they have done for HasLab — items they wouldn’t make for US retail.

• Like Like x 1
  9. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Well-Known Member

yeah and it will literally suck up the two years lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tokala

Tokala Member

Twitter:
    Does anyone think we may be getting slug Dinobots, seeing they were specifically shown in the video? (This is my 1st post, and just joined the forum!)

• Like Like x 7
  11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Except the one successful haslab project so far is something that supplements a retail line. You are too focused on what hasbro has done in the past in regards to masterpiece to pay attention to what they are doing (which is nothing more than importing and a convention exclusive repaint)

• Like Like x 1
  12. User_124141

User_124141 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wish my drawing skills were as good as those

• Like Like x 2
  13. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Well-Known Member

it could just be for building up excitement. IMO - i don't care, just want my unicron. it's taken long enough for a unicron like this.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

Agree. Happy to have that art on a box, happy to have a poster of that in the box. But ultimately, just happy to have Unicron.

Still, good for them that they put something, anything on that site

• Like Like x 4
  15. foobot333

foobot333 Well-Known Member

Congrats. I'll go ahead and get u primed with a few responses you'll be getting soon enough here on these threads...

"That's patently false!"
    "Zeta did not sink this, hasbro just sucks!"
    "Source?"
    "So... how about that Unicron?"
    "Stop calling 3rd party KO!!"
    "Just ignore the troll! He only has 100 posts here!"
    Hasbro is your friend! Hasbro is NOT your friend!"
    "Have you not been reading the last 700 pages in this thread, it was discussed already so stop asking and read up! You jerk!"

Are you sure you want to continue joining us?

• Like Like x 9
  16. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

Going by the scale of Galvatron with Unicron in that picture, Unicron is a good bit smaller than Metroplex.

I know Unicron picked up Galvatron and ate him in the movie and other bots near Unicron were also visible, but that's because kids needed to be able to actually see the little characters interacting with Unicron. I forgave them for not just showing dots swarming around Unicron so small that you could only barely see them on a movie theater screen, but this art and the little Galvatron Unicron comes with are too big to really give the sense of scale I would have preferred personally. Just a nitpick. A 1cm Galvatron accessory would have been cooler in my opinion, even with little detail and no articulation.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Red dragon 29

Red dragon 29 Well-Known Member

Don’t let your your huge mouth hit the door when you leave too Darth Wiener

18. Red dragon 29

Red dragon 29 Well-Known Member

ohh my god I get a poster too now got to buy the poster alone worth the cost of not masterpiece toy that cost triple the price of regular mp
    umm no

• Like Like x 2
  19. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  20. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Success of the project is irrelevant though to the discussion of what dictated their product strategy for HasLab. It may do so in the future but it didn’t dictate the first three. I’m actually not at all focused on the past, I merely brought it up because it disputed your assertion.

HasLab is collector focused to service that consumer with non-retail items. And MP is a toyline that exists, just because it doesn’t exist at US retail doesn’t mean it isn’t a line Hasbro would provide to collectors via HasLab.

The US retail market is simply irrelevant to the discussion. Regardless of its failure, they did attempt Cookie Monster which they wouldn’t have done to begin with by your reasoning. You can’t negate the decision that was made before it failed because it failed. The decision came first, and it’s a decision that reveals that HasLab isn’t about toys that support an existing retail toyline.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.