Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I've seen people post pictures of themselves on the toilet seat and they get upvotes, doesn't really say much.

Also, half the thread is talking about price, so no one is ignoring that, and as always, it has been talked about why it cant be cheaper. The ones complaining are either outpriced, or simply don't see him as worth the $600. That's on them. This isn't meant for everyone, its meant for collectors, and they generally are the ones with this kind of money.

• Like Like x 12
  2. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Holy shit!! That's something I had no idea even existed, and now I've found something else that I don't need but have to have - along with the Beholder.

• Like Like x 3
  3. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, except for Energon, and the current IDW comic that adds 5mm holes and screws to the models. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blackarachnia1996

Blackarachnia1996 The Red Queen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Why do people keep saying Core Star is dead? He’s still up for preorder on various Chinese sites...

As for HasLab Unicron, considering globally they weren’t able to get 2,000 preorders, I wouldn’t bank on the UK getting us there... and since the last push before the original deadline was only like 400, I’d say he’ll end in the 6,000’s. So unless there’s still profit for Hasbro to make it at that amount instead of losing what they spent designing him, I wouldn’t bank on this getting made. I think the extension actually added fatigue to the campaign, and I think it’s crazy people think that Zeta didn’t make a dent in its numbers... options always split an audience. Maybe not by a lot, but some people who would have gone with the HasLab one may have decided to go with Core Star instead.

Overall I think this was a pretty big failure... a character like Unicron should have been backed within the first week. Hasbro is charging way too much for him and needed too many backers. The exclusivity is more in the realm of BotCon, so I would have done the minimum at 3,000, and I think people start tapping out around $200... look at these MP figures. They’re pretty divisive at $250+, so $575 is too much. With those numbers in mind, I would have shrunk him so he worked better for that target audience. Hell, I wouldn’t have minded him being the same size as Armada Unicron, as long as he had a spherical planet mode and a better proportioned robot mode I’d have been happy. This was a waste deciding to make him so big, which resulted in a heftier price tag and required more preorders... he was doomed from the get go

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    this figure as it was designed would not be profitable at $200

• Like Like x 3
  6. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here....

Are you saying that Unicron SHOULD be as rare (or, to put another way, only have as few specimens made) as a BotCon figure? Even a minimum of 3,000 is too high for that, but it's closer, I'll admit.

As it stands, IF Unicron gets funded, there will be roughly three times as many units as the most plentiful BotCon figures. Not as exclusive as them at all....

Just more expensive.

• Like Like x 4
  7. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lidl is doing that, actually. They have their own copies of Mars, Bounty, Twix, Milky Way... Tastes exactly the same, costs probably 60% the price, bit different (but similarly colored) packaging. Needless to say, I have not bought a real Bounty in years, but I always wondered how they get away with it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Fenrys

News Credits:
    i know a lot of "off brand" food products are still made by the primary company

• Like Like x 3
  9. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    That's just generic labeling or store branding. It's essentially just the value-priced products that are almost the same as the name brand stuff.
    The difference is negligible, but make no mistake, there is a difference. Loopy Fruits do not taste as good as Fruit Loops.

Some are. Velveeta contracts out to suppliers to sell to discount stores. It isn't hugely common, but it does happen.

• Like Like x 6
  10. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:

I doubt Core Star made a 2000+ dent in the numbers. I highly doubt Zeta are planning to even make anywhere near that many. Sure some people will go with Core Star instead of this, but there are also some people who might actually get both. So if this fails to succeed, then I think Zeta was not the real reason.

But I think if Hasbro had come out and tried to crowd fund a smaller Unicron, then it really would have seemed like a bigger waste of time. A giant Unicron is something Hasbro as a company will never just release, so it made sense to go through the crowd funding process to get it done. But another Unicron the size of Armada's is just like another Titan, which doesn't need a crowd fund when they could have just put him out at retail and been done with it.

• Like Like x 3
  11. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I hate the fact that "off brand" didn't make me think of food.....

• Like Like x 2
  12. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

Pretty sure this is going to start another "No, I'm right and you're wrong" kind of thing from some people but here I go opening that can of worms again...

This is hearkening back to the lull in the middle of the campaign before the extension and the addition of the 1500 orders from the 3rd party vendors when people were asking the same thing about why it wasn't flying up in numbers. People waiting until the last minute, etc... This was already discussed at length back then, so we won't rehash those posts.

• Like Like x 2
  13. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Random questions/musing:

Do we think they would have been able to scare up 20,000 people more easily at $230 than 8,000 at $575?

Or, do we think it's more likely that that huge a number of people just doesn't exist for this product, and if it did that they'd have simply brought it to retail instead because then it would be feasibly profitable through more traditional means?

Or, finally, do we think it's more that it's such an expensive proposition to produce in the first place, and such a risk, that they need that guaranteed, locked in base of preorders that crowdfunding secures for it to mitigate said risk enough to even think about doing it?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fenrys

News Credits:
    option c is the answer

• Like Like x 5
  15. amja99

amja99 Well-Known Member

Haha. You guys make me laugh with what "you" consider constitutes a figure as being a Transformer. Getting all technical.

"Well this is the biggest transforming robot that is licensed by Hastak and that is based on an original design..."

If you show any casual transformer fan the Lewin OP, do you think they'll say "No, that's not a Transformer"?
    Come on. Just funny how some of you Hastak fanatics get so insecure when it comes to your toy figures.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

Maybe we should open it up and allow posts from other forums to help push it over the line.

• Like Like x 6
  17. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here you can find more pics and info on their page:
    https://wizkids.com/decorative-and-storage/
    I'd have bought the Black Dragon too (and the rest if they make them, so I can have Tiamat on my wall!) but my 35 m2 place is too small for that.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Fenrys

News Credits:
    has nothing to do with being a fanatic, if a hasbro rep claims that unicron is the largest transformer made so far then he is correct for one simple reason. if its not officially licensed by hasbro then it isnt a transformer. lewin resources op isnt officially a transformer so why would it factor into the equation of what hasbro says?

• Like Like x 11
  19. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

Yes, we are the insecure ones. Definitely not the guy bringing up a post from a week ago with the burning need to point out that Lewin isn’t just taller, but noticeably taller.

• Like Like x 6
  20. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

I don’t think Hasbro would want to do this project if it entailed the logistics of shipping 20,000 units to individual customers.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.