Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redog75

Redog75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You and I were in the same boat. We managed to snag MP-10G in the 90 to 120 seconds it was available, as non premium members. While it is unfortunate that so few were able to get it, that has always been the reality. Everyone will not be able to get everything and there are tons of reasons for it.

This version of Unicron is just that...this version. Not everyone who wants one will be able to get it and not everyone who can get it will want one. I absolutely detest the price of the new MP-44. I'm not going to run around setting the world on fire. I don't see enough perceived value for me. Fair enough. Plenty of people do. To me, there is enough value in this project to justify the price. Others will disagree and that's cool. What isn't cool is when people turn their opinions into absolutes. There are constructive ways to have conversations. Some people here have done a wonderful job expressing their opinions (for an against) I respect that. Nothing wrong with a little civility ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  2. superman27344

superman27344 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I am a little disappointed that this thread has not gotten to 1000 pages yet. I blame the fandom, lol.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    definitely a great perspective and reasonable approach :)  whats funny about mp-10g is that i am a premium member but completely missed it the first day and then had an address conflict on the 2nd day at checkout. honestly im amazed that i managed to get one

• Like Like x 3
  4. IamPersona

IamPersona Well-Known Member

monocle drops of eye in shock..........

Me: “I say!”

• Like Like x 1
  5. TAAO

TAAO Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I know, right? Even with all the "helpful" posters and their negative feedback. LOL
    If this thread actually stayed on topic, and decided to forego all the personal attacks, we'd probably only be about 200 pages in. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  6. superman27344

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    But then it wouldnt be nearly as interesting, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Masterpiecefan

Masterpiecefan Well-Known Member

If tbey want to fund this...
    1. Everyone gets a G1 unicron for this unicron to eat.
    2. One lucky person could win a vault hidden one of a kind 1984 transformers the movie signed cast script.
    3. Or 10 individuals win a hasbro tour and get to meet with a designer for a dream figure(character) to be released in series which they will get free down the road.
    I assumed he was waitingŷhoping to buy from a retailers stock.

• Like Like x 1
  8. superman27344

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    upload_2019-9-19_9-12-54.png

If nothing else, I can at least keep the up to day results, lol.

• Like Like x 5
  9. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  10. amja99

amja99 Well-Known Member

Lewin's will be noticeably taller in bot-mode. It's actually 27" at the top of head and 27.5" at the tip of antenna. Haslab Unicron's advertised height "over 27 inches" is probably at the tip of horn and that horn is at least 2" long. Remember, Hastak advertised Metroplex at "over 2 ft tall" when it was really just over 22" at top of head and just under 23" at tip of antenna.

• Like Like x 1
  11. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Why would they be "nervous." There is absolutely no pressure to actually deliver the figure. The alternative to a failed HasLab campaign is just a meeting where a team crunches numbers and says "Eh, I don't think this is something we can turn a profit on."

You seem angry. Have you ever considered maybe you don't enjoy Transformers anymore and your anger stems from forcing yourself to continue spending time on something that no longer holds your interest?

• Like Like x 5
  12. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    They can make the products you want, but there's nothing they can do about international shipping costs. Hasbro Pulse is a U.S. based store and only offers a free shipping option in the U.S. because they can use cheap domestic shipping from companies like Super Saver from Fed-Ex that costs their business pennies. There just is no equivalent free shipping for international, so sorry for people outside of the U.S. but you just can't and will likely never have that option.

• Like Like x 5
  13. edstuff

edstuff Well-Known Member

Hot Toys AOU Hulkbuster costs double or more what Unicron costs. And Hot Toys Infinity War Hulkbuster is just a vinyl statue

• Like Like x 9
  14. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

I’m cool with that. I was just defending Hasbro’s claim that Unicron will be the biggest transformer. Lewin’s Op will have height, Haslab Unicron will probably be wider in both modes and will definitely weigh more. Size can be subjective depending on what metric you are prioritizing, but based on at leasr alt mode length and mass I think it’s fair to claim that Unicron will have the title.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    The Lewin one isn't a Transformer, though. If it were licensed or officially released, then it would hold the title over Unicron.

• Like Like x 10
  16. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Well-Known Member

exactly...and the best part is, it's really got nothing to do with unicron or transformers lol. what's really the point of attacking a figure by comparing it to something that has absolutely nothing to do with transformers? and more importantly, if you want nothing to do with the figure, why even go on the thread? i don't go on marvel related sites to give out my opinion on avengers and what i think about that...which is very negative.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  17. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    yeah, people were complaining intially why the funding period wasn't longer and this is precisely why...it stalls out too long and kills a lot of momentum...would it have been backed if they had kept the original end date? Maybe, maybe not...but it would have been a roller-coaster final 48-72 hours to see what would happen...

as for durability of the product, I'm hoping they designed this to be sturdy, #1...yes they could have made a more complicated transformation (like, say Zeta or the new MP Optimus) that would have looked (perhaps) significantly better but at the cost of being much more fragile in places you don't want a $575 item to be...

I know I'm leery about the new Optimus having bad knees at that price and I would hope Unicron won't suffer from the same issue...

and the news about Hasbro having a Euro-funding arm is welcome, but is that all they're going to give us? Has all this time inbetween now and the extension just been to figure out how to lock in more official sales rather than giving more hype to incentivize (did I just make up a word?) people to want to purchase?

They must have some ideas about packaging at the very least...even if it isn't going to be final, at least let us know where they're thinking...

• Like Like x 4
  18. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

Yeah, and even if you wanted to extend this to third parties, looks like the Lewin one is just an oversized KO. So I think (though I’m sure the 3P guys will correct me if I’m wrong) that Haslab Unicron would be the largest transforming robot with a likeness to a Transformers character that is based on an original design (not a KO).

• Like Like x 2
  19. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    warden has already said that the packaging will be minimalistic so the bulk of the budget can go directly into the figure

• Like Like x 5
  20. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I once dealt with them, all U.S. stores sold out, even eBay bare, Omega had 1 left, late stock add. Good experience. The 1 time I've had to buy 3P from Europe.

Their FB post seems fine to me. Kapow is being loose with facts.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.