Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. dragologer

dragologer "Such heroic nonsense"

Yeah.....thats what I want to know. We should have hit 6,000 three weeks ago.

• Like Like x 3
  2. alogo

alogo Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not to mention that bullshit of an extension to Europe, when it is really for the UK. Not once is there a mention what happens when the UK exits the EU and suddenly you have to pay customs. In my case customs would be north of €170, so in total, it would come out at €847. Do they know what i bought with that cash that wasn't this yellow piss of sh!t? Hot Toys Hulkbuster. They mean to tell me that this is at the same level as that!

• Like Like x 3
  3. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don’t think you can blame hasbro for the mess that is the EU.....

• Like Like x 3
  4. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Well-Known Member

this isn't for you, much like that red piece of sh!t might not be for others...to each their own.

• Like Like x 3
  5. goldenboy1on1

it hasn't not been funded yet.
    haslabs numbers are not the only numbers to account for.

• Like Like x 1
  6. goldenboy1on1

it hasn't not been funded.
    these aren't the only numbers to account for when the crowdfund ends. there are the other sellers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Everything else is shipping but Impactor is an October release so if its on the same order it will be the thing holding it all up, any probs just drop an email in but do it via the contact tab on the homepage as the old address has been removed :) 

• Like Like x 1
  8. alogo

alogo Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am not trying to enforce my opinion. I am just saying that, objectively, this is not at a level that justifies the price. This is at best at the same level as their other citybots. Seriously do you think that this is at the level the price indicates when you look at it?

What i am also trying to say is that the campaign is not working and are desperate to make it work, by going through all the wrong motions. Maybe the failed Cookie Monster campaign made them nervous

I have been with the Transformers franchise since the beginning, being a child of the eighties myself, nostalgia is a good thing but this is not nostalgic this a Siege figure through and through. Not MP as so many are trying to pass it as. My opinion of course. As you said everyone have theirs.

• Like Like x 4
  9. goldenboy1on1

calling something a piece of shit on its own thread might stir some equivalent responses. i have no interest in marvel so don't bother slamming marvel on marvel threads. i don't even know where or what they are because i've got no interest.
    as far as this project failing....as i and others have said, it hasn't. when it ends, we'll know whether or not it failed. there are numbers aside from hasbro that some people keep disregarding or forgetting about and no one knows what those numbers are.

• Like Like x 4
  10. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally I do think what I see fits the price. Worlds biggest TF that also weighs a solid 19 pounds plus a 10-pound stand. Sounds about right. But of course, personal opinion.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  11. goldenboy1on1

I agree.
    19 lbs with a 10 lb stand...and it transforms into a perfect sphere....not sure what price some would expect this to be....
    I get it, doesn't fit some budgets. neither did MP44 but you don't see this type of craziness on that thread.

• Like Like x 8
  12. G1 Evac

G1 Evac 1984 roller coaster car

News Credits:
    Dear Hasbro, please include:
    1. a Primacron figure with removable helmet,
    2. and also a Primacron's Assistant figure with a matrix chamber that fits a POTP matrix,
    3. and also a Tornedron blast effect,
    4. and a comic book about Primacron building Unicron written by Don Glut and drawn by Alex Milne in the style of Pat Lee,
    5. and a Unicron faction symbol pin that says Haslab 2019 on the back,
    6. and a poster of Unicron's head floating in space being boarded by Galvatron and Zarak from a spaceship by Studio OX,
    7. and a signed letter from John Warden thanking me for being a historic Haslab supporter
    8. and a certificate proving that I am a backer, numbered and signed by John, Ran and Takashi

Do it! If you want to ever hit 8000 backers... OR ELSE!

• Like Like x 5
  13. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    so over 2 and half months into it and 2 weeks left they decide to let this side of the worlds hasbro in on it .... this is their own fault if it's not going to hit it's target they should have had all these thing's in place before starting the kickstarter , for such a big company this is very amateurist the way they have handled the project

• Like Like x 1
  14. Redog75

Redog75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    None of us know what is going on behind the scenes. We all have our opinions on the project, but it is clear Hasbro is still learning how to run a crowdfunding (or pre-payment) campaign. Yesterday’s news is a pretty big step forward. Yes, it is late, but this was never offered for the sail barge. Darkside Toys and others took it upon themselves to give fans and collectors a chance to own the barge. Now (really, really late into the backing) there is an official way for collectors to get Unicron. That is a positive. Haslab is a new concept for Hasbro. Their efforts are not perfect. While Hasbro is a company it is run by individuals. Direct to market is a very new thing for Hasbro and crowdsourcing is even newer for them. They have fumbled, to be sure, but they have also learned, listened, and improved somewhat. We all have our opinions on how the campaign should have or could have been run. That is fair. I, personally, think it is important to also recognize improvements when they come. An official way to get this in the UK is pretty cool.

In the coming days I do hope we see more improvements, particularly in the vein of marketing and news. Time will tell.

• Like Like x 6
  15. GOLD5

GOLD5 Powercord of Vector Sigma

As far as I can tell Hasbro are total douches when it comes to any customers outside the US, and that even includes Canada. Their PULSE 'membership' perk is free shipping that only applies to USA addresses and they let the members pick the store shelves clean of sdcc exclusives that are ACTUALLY cheaper on ebay!
    Sooo, ya.. I think we 'do' know what's going on behind the scenes and that's a whole lot of executives who can't be arsed to do their bloody high-falutin jobs! Such as they are, lol, lets not defend incompetence at the corporate level, they exist to give us products we want. If they can't do it they might as well re-activate Funpub..

• Like Like x 3
  16. GOLD5

GOLD5 Powercord of Vector Sigma

The red POS has a ton of die cast parts articulation and LED lights. Its got more craftsmanship and build quality than any transformers, so keep your silly butt-hurt fanboy ass quiet

• Like Like x 2
  17. goldenboy1on1

oh did i touch a nerve? lmao. based on your commentary, it looks like you're the one who is the silly butthurt fanboy...and also a bit immature for online commentary. i think we're all adults on here.

• Like Like x 2
  18. goldenboy1on1

unless you work for the company, no, you don't know what's happening behind the scenes.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol  now this, all of this, is just a lie, just two examples.
    sdcc lightning collection jason 2 pack sold on pulse for $50, sells on ebay for $150
    sdcc ecto prime sold on pulse for $150, sells on ebay for $300 (oh and I got one of these on the non premium member day)

• Like Like x 6
  20. Redog75

Redog75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    You and I were in the same boat. We managed to snag MP-10G in the 90 to 120 seconds it was available, as non premium members. While it is unfortunate that so few were able to get it, that has always been the reality. Everyone will not be able to get everything and there are tons of reasons for it.

This version of Unicron is just that...this version. Not everyone who wants one will be able to get it and not everyone who can get it will want one. I absolutely detest the price of the new MP-44. I'm not going to run around setting the world on fire. I don't see enough perceived value for me. Fair enough. Plenty of people do. To me, there is enough value in this project to justify the price. Others will disagree and that's cool. What isn't cool is when people turn their opinions into absolutes. There are constructive ways to have conversations. Some people here have done a wonderful job expressing their opinions (for an against) I respect that. Nothing wrong with a little civility ;) 

• Like Like x 4