Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

It’s a rabbit hole that’s hard to get out of.

• Like Like x 5
  2. thrustjet24

thrustjet24 Little known member of the Rainmakers

You may get a backlash against Hasbro from some people who planned to buy both Hasbro & Zeta who now cancel their Hasbro orders out of spite.

I also don’t see too many Zeta only buyers “going back” to backing the Hasbro project after Hasbro potentially screwed them out of the Unicron they wanted. (Not saying this happened because I don’t know)

• Like Like x 4
  3. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much. I am buying Studio series and I am still buying MPM, but I've almost completely stopped buying MP. Don't like what they've done with the line and not interested in sub par reworks of figures they've already done better.

I also wonder just how much longer SS or MPM will go (obviously there are p-lenty of characters for MPM).

• Like Like x 4
  4. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    The most likely reason that Zeta's Youtube video was deleted is because it used the word "Unicron" in the title. The character name is trademarked, and the content of the video was seen as dilution. Had it simply been a music video about "Zeta Core Star", it's less likely to have been removed. Nothing in the video violates Hasbro copyrights, no trademark was mentioned.

I would bet the Facebook removal is completely unrelated to Youtube.

There are more places to post videos, other than Youtube. I'd not at all be surprised if this video started to show up there instead, especially on Chinese sites.

When people say "the bear has been poked" (referring to Hasbro), I see it growling similar to an MGM trailer from years ago. Tom (from Tom & Jerry) was the MGM lion. When he went to roar, it was "RRrrrrrmmmmmeow?"

• Like Like x 1
  5. captain america

captain america Well-Known Member

Option 3: Under court order, police raid Zeta facilities and seize the tooling for the Core Star figure... The plans for which eventually fall into Hasbro hands, whereby they proceed to refine the figure in partnership with Takara to make a proper Masterpiece Unicron.

• Like Like x 2
  6. JoeScibelli

JoeScibelli That one Piranacon fanboy

Not at all, because I am not going to spend a thousand dollars on toys I don't much care for just to keep alive a market that can function independently of those two toys.

To me the entire appeal of 3P is having options that you wouldn't have with other brands, and being threatened to lose an option by not taking one option is a pretty roundabout way of removing all sense of choice short of simply not buying anything.

• Like Like x 5
  7. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I wanna quickly mention that my favourite TF I've bought in the last three years is TE-01 and if not for that I wouldn't get MP-44, I just wouldn't have an MP G1 Prime.

• Like Like x 3
  8. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro takes down one video and people overblow it to make it look as if US retailers and other stores are banned from selling it lol. Its going to be no rarer than the TF's in our walmarts and other online stores. all that was taken down were a few posts and a video.

I swear next you'll be seeing people say haslab Unicron is canceled cause an employee sneezed next to the prototype.

• Like Like x 7
  9. foobot333

foobot333 Well-Known Member

Considering there isn't much news on the unicron(s) front, any fake or useless news is better than no official news? Makes for entertaining memes and joking around.

• Like Like x 2
  10. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Hey guys, I just heard that Haslab Unicron was canceled because a clumsy Hasbro employee sneezed next to the prototype, and broke it.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

He was probably paid off by those evil masterminds at Zeta as revenge for the dmca strike against an unaffiliated youtuber who dared to display their product.

• Like Like x 4
  12. autoclave

autoclave Banned

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Uh, no.
    With the trade issues with China and Hasbro publicly taking the stance they are pulling out of China to avoid tarrifs....I don't think there is public good will in the PRC to assist Hasbro in a Chinese company take down right now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They aren't fully pulling out, they are just keeping it under 50% factories there

• Like Like x 1
  14. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

News Credits:
    Nope

Nope

Nope

You ARE convincing me strongly to buy Zeta. It will be my first ever third party!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

no

• Like Like x 5
  15. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    oh come on it's so easy to get a video taken down for copyright it does not mean they are enforcing anything!! or taking power back as people seem to think here

here a good example from a few years ago this site here..

Hardcore Junglism - The Worlds First Fully Licensed Old Skool Download Store

these arsholes decided they wanted to try and take on the whole british oldskool hardcore scene and fuck people over for there own financial gains , what they did was get the rights to a few labels and artists and because they had the rights to their music part of what they done was to get quite a few whole channels taken down that had thousands of uploads of oldskool tunes over one or 2 they had on their site! this was within a week of their website being live , these channels were doing our little scene a big favour by uploading these and helped a lot of people with tune id's ect so it backfired in their face as the majority of people avoid their website now and their name is mud , even a few of the artists they have, have thought fuck it and releasing their older music on other platforms

(they even tried to get oldskool hardcore websites taken down)

but point it's easy to get youtube video's and even youtube channels taken down

i bet anything it was the hasbro white knights emailing crying to hasbro about zeta's unicron that prompted them to get the video taken down ( also bet a few from this forum emailed them ) , or it could have been one single hasbro employee who got it taken down it don't mean it was a corporate decision to get it removed

ffs when haslabs count dropped by 10 people ( or was it 20 people ) instantly this thread thought the sky was falling

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  16. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm Not buying this kinder egg unicron

• Like Like x 2
  17. Subotnik

The robot toy inside would be one hell of a choking hazard.

• Like Like x 9
  18. DaFinchi

DaFinchi Well-Known Member

Sure, ok, could be.

Bear in mind though that in the last 24 hours all mention of their Unicron has vanished from the Zeta FB page and pre-orders are gona from all sites except TF-Source and Weibo.

So maybe it's all coinkydink, and maybe it's not, eh?

• Like Like x 1
  19. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    surely hasbro would have targeted all 3rd party transformers from these web stores not just the one

"edit" i really do hope zeta toys have not fucked it for other 3rd party's

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Subotnik

Which stores removed preorders? I thought it hadn’t been officially solicited yet and only a handful of stores had early placeholder preorders based on the early talk of price and date.

• Like Like x 5