Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foobot333

foobot333 Well-Known Member

Lol, I feel like I'm in my old macroeconomics class, taking a final exam.

Answer: no one has the right answer, but it's a lol toy forum, so we all should have the right answer. And everyone is wrong. But I am right. The trolls are right, memes are fun. All thoughts and opinions on Unicron must be factually sourced and run by Admin before posting... ummm divided by 3.

• Like Like x 2
  2. foobot333

Answer two:
    For me, the marketing is directed to me. I could care less about everyone (no offense, I dont know you all), just me. Hasbro should not take a break marketing on social media to me. I put down $600, but I can easily take that back for 2 Core Stars and a TE OP v.3. That package is damn enticing. They should market to me, a current white whale who likes being happy with Hasbro, not frustrated. I dont like being put in the dark on my $600 when I see these cool videos for core star, stop motion hasbro siege ads, and useless my little pony or mmpr twitter posts everywhere. They should market to me, so I don't complain and bitch for 700 pages on forums or at work with other hobbyists about how they are MIA in marketing to me (and everyone else). They should market to me, because I really am losing interest in this shit parade circus, and I like this shit parade circus, it's fun! They should market to me because whatever happens come oct, my buying habits and perception of this hobby and Hasbro may be very different than it is now.

Do I get extra credit for being overly dramatic? Nah.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  3. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    apparently zeta took down anything related to their Unicron on their FB page.... looks like even they are watching where they step. (probably a good idea for both zeta and Hasbro)

Of course its still there on their weibo account, but I'm guessing the idea is to get fewer people state side to see it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. foobot333

Cookie monster doesn't care if zeta put cookie back in the cookie jar. Cookie monster saw and smelled the cookie. It smelled warm and delicious. And cookie monster will not forget how good those choco chips looked on the cookie. He will not be denied.

But cookie monster really want big choco cookie from hasbro too. Hungry he is.

• Like Like x 2
  5. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

They should be creating marketing campaigns targeting people who already bought it? I hope you stayed on the economics course and dropped out of marketing.

• Like Like x 2
  6. foobot333

Nah I took those classes because the business admin girls were cute. But ya, they should target me because... actually, I haven't bought it yet, no one has, not til Hasbro wraps up the crowd fund.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    It will just mean there aren't enough collectors willing to pay a month's rent for a Unicron. At most, Hasbro will take that as "don't offer 29lbs of toy and stand for $600 direct to consumers again". And then they'll continue the current format that they've been kicking ass with. And again, it's not like there'll never, ever be another Unicorn toy. There just wouldn't be a 27", 19lbs version of him.

• Like Like x 3
  8. AutobotTurbine

AutobotTurbine Well-Known Member

Let's look at this from a Public Image standpoint: Hasbro is in deep trouble. Think about it: having one crowdfunding project fail (Cookie Monster) makes them look bad. Have two fail makes them look very bad. Have two fail, one of which has an extended deadline, would likely cause a lot, if not all, faith in Haslab to be lost. They pretty much have to make this in order to keep Haslab going.

Just my opinion though.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Redog75

Redog75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I agree with this! *LOL*

We are seeing the count go backwards. No news is not good news. There are some of us who backed this and will no matter what (I'm one of them). There are others who backed it without 100% certainty they wanted it or if it was enough. Then there are those who haven't backed it yet, but might if the proverbial stars line up. Hasbro does need to cater to each, though more heavily weighted towards the latter. Marketing may/should/might stop the bleeding and convince more people to jump in and back it. Hasbro doesn't have anyone's money...yet.

• Like Like x 3
  10. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok I'll bite. You apparently have either not read or willfully ignored nearly all the previous postings that have laid out a vision of marketing that we are talking about. Heck I've made probably about 10 posts alone here regarding how bass-ackwards their marketing has been. But here to make it easy for you I will copy my last comment about it. It's pretty short but succinct enough I think to make my point.

As I stated, I'm someone who has definitely heard of the campaign but am not yet sold on it and would like to see them actually try to sell the product to me rather than the current "Here it is, now buy it or f-off" attitude that they seem to be projecting. Give me actual pictures of how he stacks up with other figures--heck maybe even other everyday items to demonstrate how truly big he is. Give me some kind of idea of what the packaging will consist of. Do I get some kind of crappy fold up one-sheet instruction paper or do I get something better? Talk about how awesome this figure it. Give me a Q&A that offers information that I can't actually find on their campaign website.
    This is stuff that marketing and advertising people do all the time. We are nearly 150 years past the time when you could just announce a product and expect people to simply flock to it--yet the folks at this Haslab campaign haven't adjusted.

• Like Like x 6
  11. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Works for FansToys.

• Like Like x 4
  12. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey even Zeta released a video, sans jump cuts, to show off the intricate transformation--even if it did include a moment in which it looked like the employee was going to literally rip the toy in half. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  13. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Botcon S_T_A_F_F

News Credits:
    And you were saying ?

• Like Like x 2
  14. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Coincidence!

• Like Like x 1
  15. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb

I saw this on another forum and it made me think of this thread.

queenstodge-twitter-jpg.png

• Like Like x 25
  16. psychography2

psychography2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MY hope is that the people at Takara have already put plans in motion for Masterpiece Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge. I'm also guessing that some post-movie guys will show up in the Siege sequel. The latter seems more likely than the former, but considering Fans Toys' recent push for re-releasing Galvatron and Cyclonus, they may know something that we don't.

• Like Like x 3
  17. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

LMAO Why did Zeta take down their stuff on facebook? I thought everyone said they had nothing to worry about lol

• Like Like x 2
  18. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Jeeze man. You're full of bad takes from all of this. I'm not getting Zeta but did this damage your capability to think rationally? It's off of Facebook but still all over Weibo. Speculation is that any site that has a lot of US traffic will get their Zeta presense taken off to avoid Hasbro scrutiny. A move of caution.

• Like Like x 7
  19. JoeScibelli

JoeScibelli That one Piranacon fanboy

I don't really understand what that'd do, like the general group who is following Unicron knows it exists and if they want the Zeta version instead they know it's gonna be a thing.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Botcon S_T_A_F_F

News Credits:
    Is it tho ?

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.