Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

I would guess (maybe wishful thinking) that they were probably pretty close to the goal between Pulse + affiliates + etailers, but wanted more Pulse orders for a solid buffer and (gasp) may have actually listened to the major fan complaint of not having enough time to save the money for it. We’ve heard that at least from one poster with a supposed connection to an etailer. Anyway, those fans (if they really existed) aren’t going to back until the end. Agree that the campaign needs to start being active if they want additional backers before the last week.

I think Zeta has had an effect on the margins but will ultimately be immaterial to the success of the campaign. The momentum had slowed to about 10 a day before the main Zeta reveals, and now has been stuck in the 5650-60s for the last couple of days. But I think less than 10% of the Haslab backers will ever even know that the Zeta’s puny version exists, and that most will opt to keep the real one or buy both. Even if we are pessimistic (or optimistic in the case of our favorite haters) that Zeta could shift 200 units from Haslab, that’s not going to make or break this thing. Ultimately, I have no evidence for any of this, so like for everyone else it’s wait and see.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    transformers-war-for-cy.jpg

I don't MIND the Hasbro colors, but I would like to see the yellow have a bit more orange to it. Not a LOT, the Takara Unicron would be too far the other way.

TF2010toy-Unicron.jpg

But something similar to their control art or smidge lighter would be my happy medium.

e6830-dad-life-f20-tra-haslab-unicron-0028-1563154184748.png

• Like Like x 7
  3. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    3P has "budget restrictions" but nothing like Hasbro's where they have to restrict design to fit into price point at Wal-Mart. Zeta's Unicron isn't some Combiner Wars combiner. I can see buying a kit to make up for Hasbro's shortcomings at retail, I have bought kits to make up for Hasbro's shortcomings at retail, but you really shouldn't need to purchase a PE-like upgrade kit from another 3P to make up for Zeta when they maybe should have just done it right the first time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Eddielai2016

Eddielai2016 Well-Known Member

I think this unicron from haslab is too back heavy and can\'t stand on its own, hence the stand that supports it. Plus one other thing is, there is not much posability been shown here. At least Zeta looks very solid when it does its posses. I don\'t know about you guys of whether you like a unicron that holds well and posses well or you just more into the size. I have all the titan classes except for omega supreme. They are great but all suffer the same problem of not having strong ankle joints or none causing them having issues of stability. And 3rd party\'s like DNA have to fix their problems. Look good as a shelf former but other then that, thats all they do. I am withholding ordering this guy because of this issue and looking forward to Zeta\'s version. The height may not be there but at least the playability is there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's been repeatedly stated from official sources that he'll be able to stand on his own. The toy that's been on display is the fragile resin prototype, so they've been leaving it on the stand for precautionary measures.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Redog75

Redog75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This is a big part of Hasbro’s issue - marketing! We have been told by them, many times, that the stand is not needed in robot mode and that all of the poses we have seen are without the stand. They need to show more examples of this. They have the prototype. It costs them nothing to make some poses, take a few pictures, and share them on social media.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    As a practical matter, that may be the case but as a legal matter it’d probably be a slam dunk (at least in the US). The Zeta is absolutely causing a likelihood of confusion as to the source of goods and affecting the market for Hasbro products. It’s probably harder to prosecute in China if that’s where the plants are, so Hasbro should probably nail all of the distributors and vendors wherever it can. As you say above, the underlying character Unicron is owned by Hasbro as a matter of copyright and trademark, and it wouldn’t surprise me if this kickstarted Hasbro getting a lot more aggressive against TP offerings.

• Like Like x 4
  8. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Hasbro should hire Ethan Hunt to blow up the Zeta factory!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    I’m honestly not sure what that would prove. This is a rapid-prototype piece. The type and density of the plastic on this mock-up wouldn’t be the same as a production piece. Nor are the joint tolerances likely to be the same. Those who believe that this guy can only stand with the aid of a display stand are deluding themselves because they want to believe that this is an inferior product and aren’t Hasbro’s target audience anyway.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I thought they had a Vintage line exclusive to Walmart going? Maybe I'm getting my timeline mixed up. Still, got any pictures of the barge with the skiff? I didn't buy the barge because I lived in a place that was too small for it. Little did I know I would move to a bigger place before the Barge was shipped. Oh well.

But back on to Unicron! So I'm still stoked about Haslab Unicron and looking forward to having him tower over everything (plus it looks like that back foot of the stand is a separate piece so it may be removable to better fit him in tight spaces). And at this stage, I think I'll ignore the numbers until near the end of campaign. They really don't seem to mean anything right now anyway. But they will three days before the campaign ends!

• Like Like x 2
  11. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Exactly my preference as well. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  12. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We don't have that because most want 3P or KO versions to succeed and official to fail every single time.

• Like Like x 9
  13. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    The issue with Unicron has always been how kibbly it is, the backpack, panels that just hang around, etc. Zeta's doesn't do that.

That's the point. People are impressed with that. You're pointing out something that won't exist for Zeta's and still exist for Haslab's once both are complete.

Unicron will still have panels folded.over each other and a huge backpack, Zeta's won't.

• Like Like x 3
  14. lordsmurf

Twitter:
    Nonsense. The giant nightstick is a primary reason I'm not backing it. I'm the perfect Hasbro demographic, but they've not sold me on this kibbly expensive unstable mess so far. Basic physics dictates it will fall over with that much mass hanging off the back. Prove me wrong. Only Hasbro can do that. Video or photo, or I'm calling BS on "it stands unaided". Also note the weasel words "dynamic poses", which can mean anything whatsoever, since it's not really a technical jargon.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The proof is in the pudding as they say...and seeing as how they haven't made the pudding yet, I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. edstuff

edstuff Well-Known Member

I'm going to go on record and say I actually PREFER Haslabs Unicron.....even in bot mode. Gasp! Yea I said it. And I stand by it

I might still buy Zeta's. But there needs to be a preference and I happen to still prefer Haslabs.

• Like Like x 6
  17. lordsmurf

Twitter:
    Darwinism for me. "May the best bot win!" :) 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    And just to be clear, all of the photos that we have without the stand so far don’t count, somehow?

• Like Like x 2
  19. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then Gundam wins hands down. ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I'm more of a Zaku fan myself.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status: