Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    It would make for a pretty horrendous, patchy planet mode though. Squares of random grey and orange like a calico cat.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

And... Zeta doesn't have a piece of planet shell on his back like a giant snail... and pieces of planet-shell stacked like Pringles chips on his legs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

Can you provide the list of these hypocrites so that we can publicly shame them? I’m assuming you’re talking about specific users you’ve been monitoring rather than some kind of hive mind where you associate opinions from one group of people with everyone and then attack a nebulous group of targets for supposedly changing an opinion they didn’t have in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

You obviously feel personally attacked with what I said. Yes, it was a general observation that may have been about a certain group of people that come in here only to criticize HasLab Unicron. That's ok though, no I'm not keeping a list so i can't check to see if you're on it. Hope you have a better rest of your day.

• Like Like x 4
  5. foobot333

foobot333 Well-Known Member

Zeta also acknowledged the fan color scheme in the crazy video they did, which was pretty cool of them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

Thank you, I will. And when I say "I will", I mean me personally, not every other person who has ever posted in this thread. I wouldn’t want you to get all confused again if somebody comes along in October and says they’ve had a bad day.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

Other things I would argue that Haslab Unicron has going for it (besides being four times as massive, and not being smaller than almost every Titan):

- A planet mode that actually looks like the one from a movie (irregular silver polar caps, a prominent circle in the back, a thin equator)

- A functioning and accurate planet maw that doesn’t require partsforming

- Rings more appropriately spaced from the planet (I also like they they don’t have extra wing kibble just hanging like Zeta’s, but you can argue against the extra spiky styling on Hasbro, so that’s a draw IMO)

- A removable head (to be fair, a removable head feature would be worthless on a figure as small as Zeta’s version)

- Battle damaged face (though they need to fix the eye color) to supplement satellite head mode

- A transformation more accurate to the movie (blue/gray crust receding -> reflected here as being folded away, the arms transforming from the back is almost identical)

- I’m willing to bet a more accurate deco in both modes. We won’t know for sure until we’ve seen a real painted one yet, but I have been studying the transformation. If the maw is orange, the top and inside of the vampire collar will be orange instead of blue/gray. If the back of the legs are blue/gray, there wont be silver polar caps, etc.

There are some things other people liked (someone, somehow, actually preferred the original chin to the bearded one, so I guess that optionality is pleasing to someone), but those are things I really like.

And yes, the size is big plus. Honestly, from a scale perspective it’s like comparing a leader/voyager sized figure with a legends figure, I’m sure scale alone is going to drive people one way or another based on their space and existing collections.

TLDR: Size, planet, deco, head

• Like Like x 10
  8. JoeScibelli

JoeScibelli That one Piranacon fanboy

I think the issue is that while Siege has been great, it also hasn't had any toys of quite this size. One of the last attempts at a giant transformer was Trypticon, who had pretty severe joint problems

• Like Like x 1
  9. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    well i'm not in this thread every day or every minute of the day so it's easy to imagine missing something :throw  , the last i had seen about the transformation was the video where the bloke in the sun glasses transformed it and took them off to do so , so i didn't know they could be left on

• Like Like x 1
  10. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I get the feeling that, if the Pulse Unicron fails, and worse yet, they see pre-orders drop or stagnate around the time this was announced... Has/Tak will start more aggressively to stamp down 3rd Party endeavors.

That said... would've been neat to see someone announce a Primus instead.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Grand Slam

Grand Slam "The sounds of war are history speaking."

I was being sarcastic. There is so much nonsense in this thread, including yours, that the important parts are very difficult to find.

• Like Like x 1
  12. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    not just crapping out, the Vintage Collection had ended, as well as the (down to Walmart exclusive) 3.75" Black Series line, leaving only 70's style articulation figures and simplified downsized vehicles for us. Thankfully the Barge shipped with a relaunching of the Vintage Collection. I just got in the Skiffs and their crew to go along with the Sail Barge.

I'll admit it, size is a big factor for me. I currently have zero Unicron's, the previous tiny sizes just don't interest me. This one, being an "official" figure helps, but the overwhelming size is what makes me want to go with it - some of the other things can be fudged scale-wise, for a display (I can't help but think someone will release some ships and/or figurines)
    The Zeta one, looks surprisingly good once I saw the video, and I can understand it being a second option if this doesn't get made. For me though, I'll just continue to skip Unicron, I don't need him represented that badly, and it certainly won't be with a bot that is physically smaller than the city-bots to begin with.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

I watched some videos of Omega Supreme and seems a solid figure, so I have hopes for Unicron.

• Like Like x 1
  14. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absent any announcement of exclusive bonuses, this is dead. Also, the bonuses better have some substance. That little Galvatron figure is pitiful.

• Like Like x 4
  15. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I don't know, in my opinion, a 3rd Party set to fix an official toy that was hampered by budget restrictions is one thing, a 3rd Party set to fix another 3rd Party's product should really be unnecessary.

Not that I personally care about that feature one way or the other, I actually think Zeta's head might be good size to line up with Cybertron Primus' planet mode (or at least close enough to fudge it).

• Like Like x 1
  16. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    The battle for dollars is real. Yesterday morning it was 5662, and then it went down to 5658, and then it went up again and now we are back to 5658.

Someone better do a Crowdfund to hire a lawyer and sue Zeta Toys!!!

• Like Like x 4
  17. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Outside of wanting to buy zetas for just messing with, they actually gave me an idea of making a custom primus to go with haslabs Unicron. time to start some sketches.

• Like Like x 1
  18. JoeScibelli

JoeScibelli That one Piranacon fanboy

Well, they both have budget restrictions. That, and I'd say that a crowdfunding campaign should give more lenience to budgets to begin with.

• Like Like x 2
  19. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Were we watching the same Haslab video?
    That was a fiddly transformation, and requires a nightstick to not fall into a complete pile of mess.

Both bots have fiddly transformation. Nobody wins there.

• Like Like x 4
  20. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    gotta tip o' the hat to the engineering behind Zetacron...one wonders whether some of the twists and turns to mostly eliminate the kibble were attempted (or thought of) by Hascron...

that said, If it comes down to an official vs 3rd party product I'll opt for the official and hold no grudge to those who prefer otherwise...

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.