Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I was thinking about display cases for Unicron again. And well... I wanted to put the problem I mentioned a while ago into perspective.

upload_2019-9-8_6-53-49.png

The grabber claws extend out real far and the back leg of the base goes back real far.

I said earlier you'd probably need a 20 inch depth case to display him in planet mode. It's actually probably a few inches more.

Robot mode could fit in a a 14 inch depth case, but you'll wanna ditch the stand.

upload_2019-9-8_6-57-19.png

This is turning out to be quite the problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  2. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I mean... probably. The toy industry's been in pain for a while and it's probably gonna go more adult collectable in order to survive. Unless the game industry crashes again.

• Like Like x 2
  3. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Looks like he's carrying a bunch of schnitzel on his back.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Very accurate analysis of the different approaches taken by Zeta and Hasbro with their drawbacks.

A rough calculation based on the picture tells me planet with the stand is about 26 inches deep. That ask tells me (not that I didn't already know...) that I don't have rom to keep planet mode on display for any prolonged period of time (more than a couple hours, I mean).

• Like Like x 1
  5. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    i would include these pictures although it's not functional it's a more accurate inside of the planet mouth than haslabs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the wide open mouth seems to replicate unicrons huge mouth when he's gobbling up a planet , so hoping they include a small planet or moon to fill that huge hole :lol 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    Amazing that this thread is currently mostly focused on discussing an unauthorized third party product and not the actual Hasbro release. This took a turn.

• Like Like x 12
  7. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

The top and left are “partsforming” add-ons from the base of the stand (not part of the actual figure). The one on the right is the actual one, which doesn’t look accurate to anything.

Even then I believe the Hasbro version is more accurate than the add-on (apart from the obvious bump the add-on gives the sphere), will bring up pictures from an earlier part of the thread later today

• Like Like x 3
  8. Redog75

Redog75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I truly wish Hasbro would step up their marketing and answer some basic questions. I harp on this and will do so again. It costs them nothing to answer some questions. Sent out a tweet or something. We have asked since day two what constitutes the 8000 number. There is a lot of ambiguity and inference. I am disappointed in Haslabs communication on this. The marketing efforts have been poor, at best.

I read the TT tweet as their numbers are not included yet. Would it hurt Hasbro to confirm this? Would it hurt Hasbro to state if all Unicron orders, regardless of where they are purchased from, count or not (once entered into Hasbro’s system)?

They have claimed a few times they have been keeping up with the community. Lurking has been hurting them.

• Like Like x 3
  9. JoeScibelli

JoeScibelli That one Piranacon fanboy

It does make sense, though. Some people can afford both, but I understand why the $300+ toy someone's gonna buy is a question to be asked.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    It wasn't missed, it's that there was no real point to it. You're were pointing out what one side said, while trying to somehow discredit that side based on issues that most likely won't exist in the final version.

A natural turn that occurs on most TFW threads.

In addition, the staff deemed it acceptable. So, it's here to stay.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:

Exactly this.
    They are highly incompetent in running such a campaign as this one already almost met its demise like the Sesame Street one.
    Including all global numbers and pushing it over the 8000 mark would probably incentivize more people to buy it also.
    The ambiguous language and cloak n' dagger antics are just asinine..

The past few days I've checked the counter has actually gone backwards and the number dropped lol.
    If Zeta actually colour theirs the accurate movie colours its going to make Hasbro look extra stupid... I really cannot get past why this guy has a made up colour pallet when they said they studied the source material.

I really want to see this made so I can see a future TTM exclusive or a fan paint it in its correct livery.

• Like Like x 3
  12. edstuff

edstuff Well-Known Member

"Friendly" competition

• Like Like x 1
  13. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except Takara's will count as well - I was under the impression their first batch was already added (before the extension came about.)

Hasbro DOES deserve much of the blame for this. They should have had SOMETHING to put out there to add to the discussion, some news/updates that they could trickle out, to keep it in the news. Follow that up with the trickle of new orders slowing even more than what would be expected during this now-middle of the campaign time frame, and there's just not much more to talk about, unfortunately.

• Like Like x 7
  14. JoeScibelli

JoeScibelli That one Piranacon fanboy

I'm starting to wonder if he's actually going to make it. When the extension was announced I was absolutely sure about it, but is it possible we've straight up hit the limit of people willing to buy this? I wonder if the amount of backers on retailers has decreased (because if people could get it cheaper via HasLab they might as well) and if this really is the hard limit of people who want this thing.

Just, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like he's barely grown in backer count since the campaign was extended.

• Like Like x 6
  15. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is a worry, but I suspect the majority of people that were waiting for the last minute are still waiting for the last minute. It also is going to give people that simply needed more time an opportunity, so some small uptick with that group too. Add in the 3rd Party stores getting more time/more orders, it'll help overall.
    But the extreme slowdown on Pulse does continue to make it worrisome.

• Like Like x 4
  16. deathsheadII

News Credits:

it's intended to be the stand and intended to be part of the figure so should be included with the pictures , maybe you should make a comparision of hasbro's without the rings seeing as they are "partsforming" parts too that have to be removed between modes

and the second mouth is fully accurate to this , hasbro's does not look like this at all

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Not gonna lie, Zeta has changed my mind on Unicron.

But, I'm currently still backing him. I guess I'll play the waiting game for now, but Core Star is on my radar for sure.

No they don't. You can leave the rings on. It just makes it easier to transform to remove them.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    It’s been confirmed that the rings on the gas lab unicron do not have to be removed, but removing them makes transformation easier

• Like Like x 2
  19. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    If he was at least 22 inches, it would hit my radar. But he wouldn’t match with Zeta Superion and POTP Predaking. So hasbro Unicron would fit in nicely

• Like Like x 3
  20. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    oh ok i thought they did have to be removed :) 

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.