Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the failure of the Cookie Monster campaign snapped the Hasbro team into the reality that Unicron’s campaign might not make it in time. Two failed campaigns in a row is not a good look for the brands. Extending the date makes lots of sense. I think we learned a big lesson here: Hasbro is certainly not cooking the books with the number of backers. They easily could’ve artificially jacked the numbers up to pass 8k and and gone about business as usually and we would never know. That didn’t happen. It’s a second chance for Hasbro and the fans to continue and promote the campaign.

• Like Like x 8
  2. byk500

byk500 Well-Known Member

No, it was so ridiculously crowded that I doubt it would have been helpful. The reveal party was pretty exclusive too, I didn’t get to go to that. I was shocked how long the lines were this year from last to Hasbro pulse.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Who in their right mind would leave financial information on a public, shared tablet?

Also, don't Americans have smartphones? Why would you even need anything more than a QR code or URL?

• Like Like x 6
  4. foobot333

foobot333 Well-Known Member

Well we did have Comic Con badges, wonder if there was a way for them to scan that bar code on the badge if we had interest so they could send us more info... I mean any time I had my badge scanned by any exhibitor there, I sure as hell got a lot of emails from them I had to unsubscribe from after I got my swag.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    I frequent this thread and I still haven't got any impulse to buy it, your excuse is invalid.

If you feel the need to buy this and/or crave for it, you have bigger issues to tend, it's called addiction.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Go Bots are based on Machine Robo which was actually released before Transformers (in the UK at least) as Robo Machines several months before Transformers hit.

I suppose if you wanted to get silly you could claim that Diaclone & by extention Transformers is infringing on Mego's Micronauts rights... I think Hasbro likely considered that seriously which maybe why they left the Diaclone Pilots out and not simply for story or cost reasons. Besides if you want to talk about such issues that Wacky Situation with Transformers sharing shelves in 1984 with Diakron is way more pecular than any vague similarities of theme between Go Bots and Transformers.

Though a fun fact is that the Gobots shuttle playset is the same toy (with minor changes) as the Beast Wars 2nd Shuttlecraft toy - they just took the arms off - and some of the accessories it has were the same ones included in another release by a company called Bluebox - who sub-licensed the mould off Takara.. They are basically the same toy only it lacks the Beast Wars mini-figures the Beast Wars 2nd one has.

I wonder how Hasbro would react to someone in china producing a copy of the Unicron G1 Protos ?

• Like Like x 3
  7. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

got about another 75 backers in the last day............ not bad at all.........just keep on a 75 backer a day pace and it will hit 8350..... not including other sites and their orders....

Haslab really should get word out a few months before haslab reveals......... even just a teaser that way people know to start saving up money. If they had just shown a black outline of Unicron back in may........ this thing would of been funded already IMO.

• Like Like x 8
  8. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

5575 now, so ~50 in 24 hours. If it can average about 30-40 per day over the next 30 days, should be around ~6500 leading into the last week. Between a final NYCC push, affiliates and etailers, I think we are in good shape.

• Like Like x 5
  9. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Well-Known Member

re-read what you said and why i responded to it, got it?!
    and as its been said many times before on this forum by myself and others, if you cannot afford it, sucks. worry about your basic needs like food, housing, etc first. if i were in a position that you stated above, the last thing I would be thinking about is buying a figure, let alone unicron. i can't help the fact if people are irresponsible...nor do i care....the "i wish this fails because i cannot buy it" has been an ongoing problem on here and is a pretty stupid way of thinking....it's a figure. living is more important than collecting transformers. but as i said - re-read what you said first and why you got that response. got it?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

I think the Pulse count will come down but hopefully not more than to the 30-40 per day i suggested in my post. I do think better communication on campaign timing would have helped. I also think they they shouldn’t wait until the new last week to post new things on the page or reveal new inducements. I think they should keep this top of mind for potential backers at least 2 or 3 times in September

• Like Like x 3
  11. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Well-Known Member

you tend to wonder what?

• Like Like x 2
  12. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sail Barge not selling for much YET. It only came out a year ago.
    D&D made a colossal red dragon miniature in 2006, limited run, cost 75$ back then. I missed out but ccould buy it in 2009 for 110$. Now? Look it up, sells for 450$ boxed, 300$ loose. Limited edition toys always go up in price as time goes on.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    I'm about to take one and put it upside your heeeeaaad.~

• Like Like x 2
  14. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Ok, very pessimistic on this but there are very few companies I would trust with nearly £600 when the item in question is due out in a very long time....

Hasbro itself would be fine. Anyone else? Well lot can happen in that time with 0 PayPal or bank protection.

• Like Like x 2
  15. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unlikely. Company policy does not include options to deal with butthurt mllenial crybabies. You hate it so much, throw it out. Or, y'know, SELL IT. Look up how much such tiny, easy to lose pieces like Raul or Spike or Archeville are going for on ebay.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I was being a bit silly with the musing about opting out of various undesirable accessories. I would certainly never throw it out, no matter how atrocious it looks, it adds value to the complete package when I go to sell it one day. It'll just live in the box until then, unless they improve it to the point where I can stand to look at it, and not feel like the other figures are embarrassed to be sharing a shelf display with it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    I mean, I think they need to up their game a bit for NYCC. I’m sure they’ll have the same massive (and amazing) display as SDCC but they need a call to action to get people to order. I’ve said it before, but a t-shirt or $25-50 in Pulse credit if you order during NYCC could be a decent inducement.

• Like Like x 3
  18. RavenousPrime

RavenousPrime Fantasy Author

While I like the eyes on this guy, I think they could do well with some modification so we can actually see his eyeballs move. Unless that just doesn't come across that well on camera or something. In that one video, you can barely see his eyes move, and it just kind of bothered me when they said you could set his gaze upon his enemies. What's the point of setting the gaze if you can't see his eyes a little? Not saying that they should take away the green in the shell of the face, rather just...find a way to make the inner eye more visible. I just think that would be really nice, kinda like in beast wars where you could see their eyes move.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Redog75

Redog75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I really like the hands. I do wish the ones on the Hasbro version were fully boxed in since it is a huge visual feature. If Hasbro has the time and opportunity to redo these I would like it. The way it is doesn’t kill it for me (I backed Unicron the day I found out).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Redog75

Redog75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I’d say they were overly optimistic :p 

I appreciate that Hasbro is still learning and evolving. It is, after all, still run by people and no one is perfect. They do need to step up their efforts though. More marketing (news and videos). Show us more about the design phase. Talk to us about the plans for packaging. Answer more questions. Ultimately stay relevant and newsworthy. All of this has minimal cost to Hasbro. Sure, we would all like more reveals on additional inclusions. I don’t know if they have a budget for that. Marketing is very different. There are tons of ways they could create a short video every few days to give better insight into parts and elements of Unicron.

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.