Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. TopShot16

TopShot16 Dinobot "Technician"

Oh wow, the deadline now ends on my birthday. Had they just had this deadline from the start, I would have been able to get the figure, or at least more likely to have been able to get him. I really want the figure, but i also want an Xbox One S, a nintendo switch, or a PS4, all of which i could get with the money id have saved up to buy this figure.

if only Hasbro had a layaway type thing where we could pay the full amount over the course of the next 14 months (assuming the figure comes out in January). That\'d be about $41 a month, something a bit expensive, but itd be like paying for a Leader Class figure every month until its release. Much more affordable than before.

Would you rather pay 575 up front for something you wont get for another 14 months (at best) or $41 a month, knowing you can afford your bills by sacrificing almost enough money a month for the equivelent of buying a leader class, or buying a deluxe figure once every two weeks for the 14 months? Honestly, I already buy a deluxe/voyager every two weeks to begin with so, that wouldn\'t even be that much of a difference anyways.

Here\'s hoping Hasbro takes this idea and runs with it. We shall see...

• Like Like x 3
  2. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well he IS the Lord Of Chaos so if him being everywhere is chaos for you then he did his job. ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Redog75

Redog75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I completely agree with this. Sideshow build their little empire on this concept. One of the videos has the Hasbro folks answer that question (sorry, I can't remember if it was the Toronto panel with John or the official Q&A). It's something they'll look at in the future. I don't think Hasbro is accustomed to dealing with high-end items. The barge and this are all they've had in that range. A payment plan is a truly good idea. Even if it's 25% down for the first payment...

• Like Like x 3
  4. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    This is good news for everyone. I hope more people are able to back and enjoy this figure.

There were a lot of people early on in this thread calling people idiots for not believing this would be backed with 8,000 by Saturday. "Oh this will be backed easily" "You don't know how crowdfunding works" "The numbers are always low in the middle" etc etc etc. Guess who was right in the end? Just because you doubt something, doesn't mean you are irrationally negative. This was a tall order, especially based on the early pace. Our fandom is not Star Wars. You cannot use one crowdfund example to exactly predict another. To dismiss any concerns was foolish and didn't help us reach the goal either. Some of you really owe some of your fellow fans an apology.

I think we will get there now, but I had serious doubts until now. The price is extreme.

• Like Like x 3
  5. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I don't really blame Unicron (which I'm still probably not getting), but I did end up cancelling my Omega Supreme pre-order, deciding that I really didn't need to spend $180 for a giant toy I don't really have a good place to put.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    The nice part is that the Titans have always been pretty easy to get six months to a year after release (Metroplex may be an exception because he was the first one) so you could miss him, pick up Unicron and still get Omega Supreme down the line (probably at a discount during Christmas). MP-44 probably will stick around too because of his enormous cost vs size (he's the same size as MP-10). I think Unicorn is the better bet in the short term, but to each their own.

Have you not seen the plan to invade Area 51? That was merely practice. We don't need tickets, we just need guts!

• Like Like x 4
  7. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    Tfs-express are selling in the UK.

• Like Like x 1
  8. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

I gave the crowdsource some Extendz and now we good ... thank me later :) 

• Like Like x 4
  9. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    As a former Army Infantryman..... Please try to invade area 51..... I need the comedy, lol

• Like Like x 8
  10. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

Moreover it won't seem like too much of a limited exclusive. Have 8000 backers now to get the initial production run and then by 10,000 backers set it up for a reissue.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here you go, this guy explains better ways to fund your collection.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Zaragon

Zaragon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't personally understand people cancelling their order just because it got extended. Can someone explain the logic of this? I can understand cancelling on Omega, since now the times overlap and before they didn't, but why cancel on this? Especially since you'll be able to get Omega later.

Unless it's only people who were planning on flipping them. Then it makes perfect sense, because with another month there's going to be significantly fewer people that A) want Unicron and B) can't make it happen during the funding time.

• Like Like x 7
  13. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    As I expected, this thing requires a Deus Ex Machina.

14. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think they're going to make it. This (to me) feels like a bridge too far.

Nothing more than a hunch, mind you, and lord knows I've been wrong before.

That said, if they get anywhere close, I think they might do it anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, just got this pretty awesome mail.

Unicron Extended.jpg
    This not only reveals that yep, they are reading this topic (because let's face it, this is the biggest TF board - Seibertron or the Allspark are small potatoes, and TFormers never even has comments on the news posts), but that they WANT this toy to be made. Standing at 5500 now, and with the non-Hasbro affiliated retailers not added yet? Unicron will make it to 8000, heck, he will surpass it.
    Also, would not be surprised about more reveals until the end, like the boxart.

• Like Like x 8
  16. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

Ebay:
    Yep I have to agree with all those suggesting that Hasbro was looking at the final tally sheet and seeing it come up short. The secondary retailers (who I do believe they were in contact with) just didn't have enough numbers to reliably push Unicron into the black as it stands with 2600 needed in just 2 days. It doesn't sound like the rumors of 1200 from a single site or 3k overall were accurate. Maybe 1200 overall I would believe, which would still leave 1400 in limbo. And considering that 1200 wouldn't be added until the last minute, that would put a damper on a late-hour order spike through Pulse itself.

However it also indicates that they were close enough to not just call it quits completely like they did with Cookie Monster. One more month, or even 6 more months was probably not going to save the CM project, whereas this extension will almost assuredly result in Unicron's full funding. It will also likely result in them getting closer to 9k+, which means more profit for them. From a business standpoint, them having to eat a little crow and take a hit to their pride by extending the time is far outweighed by the benefits and $$$ they will accrue by seeing him realized.
    Albeit will likely affect future Haslab campaigns....but that's a discussion for another time.

Indeed! I've been critical of their marketing for nearly 2 weeks now. I just hope that this extension will allow them the opportunity to organize a proper plan, with which to go out and pimp Unicron out the the fullest. At the very least it demonstrates that they recognize the value of closing the campaign with a proper send off. The October 6th cutoff was obviously chosen as it coincides with the final day of NY Comic-Con.
    (not to give a pat on the back but I and several other people on the boards had questioned why they hadn't taken advantage of SDCC and NYCC to serve as natural bookends for the campaign)

• Like Like x 8
  17. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    The mould has already been created i.e. they've put in some serious money. Of course they'll do whatever it takes to recoup the money.

• Like Like x 1
  18. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Because butt-hurt that Cookie Monster wasn't given the same courtesy...

• Like Like x 3
  19. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    they extended it good move!! and i might be able to get one now as there is more time :D 

• Like Like x 2
  20. Uncharismatic Bore

Uncharismatic Bore JAFO

As @StrifeZ has already speculated, and I completely concur, it's entirely possible that Hasbro already knew that this project would be successful before the original backing end date was changed. If you owned a business and began seeing orders flooding in, are you honestly telling us that you think it wise to intentionally shorten a sales period?

• Like Like x 6