Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    It's also possible that Pulse front end is switching between multiple db connections and databases are replicated asynchronously. It's a bit rare in today's world, but Hasbro was never all that good with tech.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Sweep

Sweep worse then vehicon drones

I was thinking glitch? It's too frequent in too short a time for people to be wishy washy. Trolling is possible though.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Hah. The real question is, if they make up 1500, 2500 or even 8000, who among the crowdfunders is going to care if it means the figure they pledged to buy gets made?

Sheesh, you'd think we were voting for which figure is getting made here and Unicron just took a massive leap over... ... ... I don't know, Scorponok?

• Like Like x 2
  4. yyh2046

yyh2046 Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, how does one cancel a preorder? Call?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Redog75

Redog75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Ok, that made me chuckle. Well done, my friend :) 

• Like Like x 1
  6. yyh2046

yyh2046 Well-Known Member

I've been tracking, the 1500 was added all at once.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Yep, exactly. And that guy questioning the dang thing has a Japanese girlfriend. Of all the people to question the original source, he should be the least likely as he has a source who can read the non Google translate version.

• Like Like x 1
  8. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

I come back and its 7 away from 5000........ instead of a time out.. you guys get a cookie! Yay! good work everyone :D 

Outstanding.. sir you are a gentleman and a scholar!

each joint in a figure costs money....... and a new mold to be created for that piece... its going to cost extra whether its hasbro or 3rd party. some of you people seem to think hasbro is just making bank 300$ profit on each and I 100000000% guarantee its now where near that much of a profit.

[​IMG]

1503 actually.

• Like Like x 3
  9. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

Ebay:

Thank you @daniel7777! I swear to god the number of people here who make crap up is mind blowing. How freaking hard is it to read? Or do a modicum of research?

That being said here is your daily updated graph. As of this very second we are 7 away from 5k so I have gone ahead and rounded it up to the five thousand mark. Chances are by the time you see this post it will be there already. Unicron sales.jpg
    They are four days and some change away from the end and are almost 1300 or so off the trending line from the middle of the month. The only caveat is that the "trending" forecast foresaw the campaign being funded sometime during the 45 day, so there is still a little time to make it up. With these numbers however, I don't see how Hasbro Pulse is going to pull it off by themselves. They might do well to get the non-affiliated secondary sellers to at least submit half their orders as soon as possible so that they can be officially tallied and improve the outward appearance of the campaign.
    We've seen an impressive upswing today, but if you follow the graph's trajectory, even 4 more days of this will only get Unicron to somewhere around 6k.

• Like Like x 9
  10. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's actually _not_ easy to links data sources together, and anyone who works in tech should know that. It's theoretically possible, but somebody would have to write a program and spend hours upon hours debugging, that's a total waste of resources. Live sales are unnecessary when you can just have a person update within the existing system.

This theoretical program would also involve affiliates giving Hasbro direct access to their sales data, which just isn't realistic.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    I don’t follow. Your graph shows exponential growth for the final few days of both campaigns and yet you make a prediction of linear growth.

12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And therein lies the rub, and the problem endemic with most conspiracy theories. All the teeth-gnashing and naysaying breaks down hard when you follow it all up with "so what"? It's one of those "win the battle, but lose the war" sort of scenarios. If your wild accusations and notions were right in that instance, then "congrats?". Doesn't change the fact that the side you're poo-pooing gets what they want. Just like the moon landing conspiracies. What if NASA did stage Neil Armstrong's big moment? The end result is that they stymied the similar exploits of the USSR for the time being, which was one of their major goals. So, "mission accomplished".

So what if Hasbro decides to "cook the books" a bit and give us a 1500-unit "grace zone". It just means it's easier for the supporters to get what they backed, and Hasbro has to look for an outlet to sell an extra 1500 units after the fact. It literally doesn't matter, other than the fact that these people have hitched their egos to the success/failure of this project for whatever ill-conceived reason.

• Like Like x 8
  13. jwarenec1

jwarenec1 Well-Known Member

I just want to know where people think 1200 or so third party retailer submissions a piece are coming from?

14. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    The people that know such sales numbers.

15. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

That was one person postulating a particularly extreme estimate IIRC.

• Like Like x 1
  16. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Maybe 1200 is an estimate of if each of the 12 or so known sellers each sell one hundred units each

17. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    3 away from 5k.

• Like Like x 1
  18. jwarenec1

jwarenec1 Well-Known Member

I got ya, I'm legitimately curious and really hope to see this thing made!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Yeah, there is no big, "gotcha" moment if in 2021 every one gets their Unicron and attached is printout of the final totals of actual pledges... but they are actually 1503 shy. Maybe it'll start snowing and the sound of sleigh bells will be heard just over the horizon too.

If anything, the 6497 who wanted and received their Unicrons would accept that Hasbro did us all a solid and probably think, "huh, pretty cool dudes" about all that.

• Like Like x 4
  20. djtfmd

djtfmd Well-Known Member

why would you need to cancel? you're all about ordering extra units, shouldn't you be up to like 10 or 20 (or more!) Unicrons by now? ;) 

• Like Like x 4