Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Johnny1378

Johnny1378 Well-Known Member

Okay, I have to admit, that’s pretty funny.

• Like Like x 3
  2. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    $1000 may be robbery, depending on where you order from. If you buy an extra from somewhere other than pulse then that’s $775, add $100 and that’s $875, then add arguably $75 for shipping and that’s $950, add an additional $50 for mere opportunism and you get $1000. Not super unreasonable to get to those prices on the aftermarket when you actually sit and break it down

• Like Like x 2
  3. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

Ebay:
    Why not have a box with both G1 and WfC stylings? You've got 6 sides to play with after all, and one will be face down with another pointing most likely towards a wall or back of a display case. 3 can be old school '86 design and the other WfC--best of both worlds. It will be like a black/white cookie.

Eh don't even need to go that far. Find some C-list celebrity who loves Transformers and offer him/her a free Unicron, maybe a visit to Hasbro HQ to personally chat with the designers, and you've got a spokesman. You think someone like Wil Wheaton wouldn't shill for this?

• Like Like x 3
  4. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Speaking only for myself, the idea of buying an expensive Transformer that I can resell at a profit is one I'm usually happy to indulge in. Such activity funded (or at least mitigated) several trips to BotCon.

Unicron is different, at least for me. Not just because it's too expensive (although it's definitely a lot), but because SHIPPING is likely to be both expensive on its own and a real pain just logistically. At the end of the day, I'm not sure I want to deal with the hassle, even if I COULD see a few extra hundred dollars of profit two years from now.

That's just too much expense and hassle, with money tied up for too long of a period. I think I need to pass.

If others feel differently, that's great, and for your sakes I hope the project succeeds.

• Like Like x 5
  5. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    so...box design

should they go 1984 G1-esque or more 1986 movie-era G1-style or WFC

• Like Like x 1
  6. mannyz3

mannyz3 Member

I only see them priced at 879.99 or 899 plus 199 for shipping
    I looked at recent sales

• Like Like x 1
  7. Spicytron

Spicytron Well-Known Member

after making sure in the month coming I could afford this, I became a backer. But...

Honestly I'm not altogether confident that this will reach the 8000 goal... we just crested 4000 and there are only a matter of days left.

hasbro should have given this project another month. a 1 month surprise unveiling for such an expensive project like this is a slow moving behemoth. 4000 is still an impressive(ish) number, but when you need double that for the figure to even see the light of day... well....

I hope I am proven wrong, but I feel that my pledge will remain just that, a pledge. I don't get the feeling Hasbro will go ahead with production when they only got half of what they wanted at the end of the drive...

• Like Like x 2
  8. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very impressive what good is tiny galvatron if he can’t eat galvatron should be able to transform shame he doesn’t,.

I deserve be attacked I stopped buying toys I have not made single back order for this one.

If I where to decide to buy 700.00 combiner from third party company I deserve be attacked twice for not backing up Unicron it’s sad it may not get made for everyone buy it deserves be made

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. edstuff

edstuff Well-Known Member

I'm so hoping this gets funded. I sold a lot of stuff to fund it. I feel good about where it is right now. Hoping it will make at least 5000 before today's end and will just keep steadily climbing til the last day

• Like Like x 1
  10. Starsabered

Starsabered is Awesome!

Ebay:
    It’s interesting to watch all the psychological drama unfold around this figure. You’ve got four days left to come up with $600. In addition, hundreds of other people must do the same. Hurry!!! You’re wasting seconds by reading this!!! Time is running out!!! Only four days left!!!

Hasbro must be loving the anxiety and tension they created. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great figure. It’ll be produced. The only question is do you really want it in your collection and can you responsibly procure the funds for it. If not, there are a lot of other great figures coming out and they’ll probably rerelease it at some point. It is a transformer after all. Take a few breaths, it’ll all be okay.

• Like Like x 5
  11. superman27344

superman27344 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    If it succeeds, I hope for the sake of those who backed it that they get an awesome box with lots of cool artwork on it instead of those plain brown select boxes they have been putting out for special releases.

• Like Like x 4
  12. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Put him on ignore, you are derailing the thread

• Like Like x 5
  13. Johnny1378

Johnny1378 Well-Known Member

I love all of the box art ideas, regarding showing both a G1 style and a Seige style box. A slip cover to allow for both would be badass, but if that cost too much to do, I wouldn’t care if one side of the box was G1 and the other was War for Cybertron.

• Like Like x 2
  14. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I'm not sure what meaningful difference between 1984 and 1986 styles you're referencing (styles changed pretty significantly in 1987, as I recall...)

• Like Like x 3
  15. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid "See see Seacons!"

News Credits:
    But the barge hit the funding goal and beyond. Meaning it was high demand even when the window closed.

My guess is if Unicron barely hits the cutoff (if at all) it's going to be harder to sell one second-hand because those people weren't all that motivated to buy one back when they had the chance.

I'd say go window less. That's a chunky figure and you don't want to risk anything punching through the window. After that, I'd assume packing him in fancier foam to help protect the figure during the shipping process (like, FunPub minimum)

• Like Like x 4
  16. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Blue=Sarcasm; Purple=Snarkcasm

That stuff will be crumbling by 2022.

17. TheCianinator

TheCianinator Well-Known Member

Yeah to me this last minute reveal of what are clearly prototype features seems more like a marketing hailmary than a sincere "value-add" (that's what corporations call throwing cheap crap in for free to make it feel like your money went further). I still think this isn't going to make 8,000 backers, and I think that's because it's too big to play with, too expensive to be played with, and it's a shellformer. Just doesn't seem like a very good toy. An impressive collector's item, yes; an imposing figure, yes; but a toy that functions well as a toy, no.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Despite some of the doom and gloom of this thread, nothing is raining on my parade today!

Let's do this! Unicron all the way!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  19. tobecat

tobecat Transformers KISS Toby TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Is there anything you like about anything? I struggle to find why you feel the need to comment negatively on everything. A person likes something and you comment on it in disbelief. A person says something excited them and he/she wants to order another one and you condescend. Just be excited that other people are excited about some cool tidbit even if you aren't. Is there a Transformer you are actually happy with?

• Like Like x 11
  20. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    No retail presence no need for a fancy box.

• Like Like x 1