Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Yes it would. This is made by Haslab which is part of Hasbro. Plus the website link is a Hasbro website.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    why wouldn't it be?

• Like Like x 4
  3. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    relaxrod.gif

• Like Like x 6
  4. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

This is neat and all, but $575 is over my limit. Yes I have money, Yes I can afford it, but thats nearly a months worth of rents/bills/etc. Its one thing to order a little over $100 worth of figures if I like the new wave that came out, but this is really pushing it for me <_<

5. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Don’t call me a member thank you very much.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Not to scale. Rubbish.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    But you aren’t looking out for others (i should know, I AM one of the others you proclaim to be speaking for) . You’re saying that presumably because you can’t afford it, no one should be able to. And using that as justification for not buying it. There are plenty of people in the world who can’t afford a deluxe and have entire collections built on legends class figures. Oh, but they can’t afford anything bigger, so every single figure should be legends class, and we should boycott big bad Hasbro for making anything more expensive. In an ideal world anyone can afford anything. We do not live in an ideal world. If we pay our dues and if we’re lucky we get to buy things like this, if not there are alternatives. The simple fact that you’re on an Internet forum talking about a toy means you are better off than most of the world’s population.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  7. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Everybody gets a Unicron or nobody gets a Unicron! Because I say so!!!!

Mommy, he has a Unicron and I don’t! Why don’t I have a Unicron, mommy! Dear, that’s because he’s a a-hole and has ruined the Unicron party for everyone.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah so you spent about $600 over the life of the line, that's about $50 a month, not $600 all at once.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Sooo.......I want a Lamborghini, I am not going to go and tell people to not buy one so I can get one later because I am less wealthy than them. Everyone has circumstances, if you can get one, great, if you can't and you want one that's unfortunate. Also you don't need to fight anyone else's battles over a collectible.

• Like Like x 6
  10. TopShot16

TopShot16 She/Her (Transwoman)

Look, I can understand the figure costing at MINIMUM $200 USD. The figure is big, to be sure. But, if I\'m being honest, this line is primarily geared towards kids and the like. No parent is going to spend over half a thousand dollars on a transformer just for nostalgic value. If it were a masterpiece figure, I could probably understand where they are coming from. But $575? Yeah thats a no from me.

However, since it is coming out in 2021, a year and a half away, we have the time to convince Hasbro to drop the price on the figure a bit. I mean, Metroplex was about $150 upon first release, wasn\'t he? Thia figure is 2 inches taller and Hasbro/Takara are expecting us to fork over three times that price 1. Because its the first new Unicron mold/toy since 2005 and 2. Because its the first Unicron toy created to resemble the 1986 film\'s design without being a remold.

Lower the price range and you got a yup from me.

11. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    Is that a Micromaster as your avatar?

• Like Like x 1
  12. panda prime productions

panda prime productions Active Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    What has this community become? My god! You people are so toxic its disgusting! 

• Like Like x 8
  13. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

If this crowdfund surpasses the goal amount, it could encourage Hasbro to produce a true MP scale Devastator next TF crowdfund. Since Unicron will be 27 inches, a MP Devastator could be around 48 inches and weigh about 40lbs. This is good for the economy, collectors need more money, so collectors get a better job or a better career, once finances are increased, collectors can buy more, therefore needing a large house/apartment, so collectors buy a larger house/apartment, also while doing this collectors find a better gf leading to a better wife, so the collector is in a win/win situation, more stuff to collect dust, bigger place to live in/store said dust, and a wife that does not worry about spending large sums of money on pieces of plastic/metal.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Capperclawed

Capperclawed I'll clean ur pool

I agree, but in that case its weird that it would be released in a generations line and not as some sort of strange MP. Im happy it IS a generations release, just makes me wonder if it actually does get those testing breaks

15. JoeScibelli

JoeScibelli That one Piranacon fanboy

I'm in this camp, I think if he was a little smaller and less massive he'd be more affordable (and I'd be a little less scared by the weight going on his joints)

16. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    I wouldn’t exactly call it rubbish. That’s all subjective though. If it really were to be in scale it would need to be at least five feet in length which is just unrealistic. This one is already two feet. I think this is the best we have gotten and the most accurate thing we will get for a very long time.

• Like Like x 1
  17. shellformer

shellformer @

I kinda would like to see Unicron and Primus as deluxes or legends figures, honestly. Yes, as planetformers. A real cheap way of getting two of the weirdest characters in the franchise.

18. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    Am I missing something? I really don't see that bickering or hate that you seem to?

• Like Like x 1
  19. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Not meant for kids. Specifically geared towards collectors.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Gastrotrain

Gastrotrain Well-Known Member

I'd love to own a house or a Porsche but I can't afford either, doesn't mean I'm going to try and stop people from buying those things so that the home owners and Porsche dealerships have to rethink their strategy and sell me half assed versions of their products for cheaper.

You're also making it sound like if people don't get this they'll never have a Unicron. If someone holds Unicron so dear but can't afford this, they can probably settle for the Armada versions. You say it as if it's a forgone conclusion that Hasbro will just try again on a scaled down version but that very well could not be the case at all.

There's a reason they're doing it this and it probably has to do with the fact that if they half ass it to make it fit the retail budget it won't do the character justice and they'll lose out on sales from collectors dissatisfied by it to go along with all the other people who won't buy it because he's relatively unpopular to the kids that want bumblebees and optimus's

• Like Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.