Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

All those panels on his legs turn into the Pringles with one fall.....

• Like Like x 3
  2. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

I see compromises, no point listing them it's been done to death.

It's big and heavy, so is my truck but I wouldn't call that premium either. I don't think made to order applies, yours will be identical to all the rest.

Then they aren't "great" are they? Trypticons hips explode that's not compromise it's trash!

Hey if you want to consider yourself "elite" because you bought a "premium" product go right ahead. Just realize others have different metrics for those terms. Premium is going to be subjective and I wouldn't throw around words like elite in reference to purchases well, ever...

• Like Like x 4
  3. Chantinelle

Chantinelle Well-Known Member

I love the idea of this and aren’t even really bothered about the price per se...but I’m more in a G.I Joe and customising mood at the moment and just went crazy splurging all the money I could have backed for this on other stuff instead (strongly considering dropping my OP v3 order too). I wish it well, I think it’s terrific but I’m gonna pass.

• Like Like x 4
  4. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    That's exactly it. The label "premium" is a two-way street. The company can call something "premium" all it wants, but it's not premium unless the market agrees. In order to reach that agreement, you need careful planning, high quality control, rigorous testing, marketing research, consumer feedback, etc. And we got none of that with the Unicron. It's a big overpriced Siege toy, the end. Nothing premium about it.

I'm still unsure if I want to back it, but I won't lie to myself about what it is.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sometimes these things can be surprisingly tough. I had the combined mode of ToyWorld Devastator take a dive of the top of a 6foot bookcase and it’s pretty much unscathed. Of course, being a Combiner it was designed to come apart but still.
    This though? Would probably break badly under the same circumstances.

• Like Like x 3
  6. lordsmurf

Twitter:
    I've even had diecast break, screws sheer off, yet the plastic was fine. :confused: 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cookie Monster failed to meet its target - hopefully the same doesn't happen here. In Cookie Monster's case, there wasn't a sudden a rush of backers at the end.

• Like Like x 1
  8. krysuk

krysuk Well-Known Member

Well I buckled and put in my preorder deposit at Tfs-express
    Guessing there will be a lot like me this week who have been thinking on it, getting more hyped but ultimately deciding if it’s affordable
    Who really knows at this stage if it will meet its targets, but I wouldn’t expect the Haslab numbers to mean anything until the last couple of days when all the other retailers drop their orders in

• Like Like x 4
  9. Superhans

Superhans TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Actually, “premium” comes from the Latin words “pre” meaning “giant” and “mium” meaning “transforming toy planet.”

So it’s the very definition of premium.

• Like Like x 23
  10. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

:lol 

• Like Like x 3
  11. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

This guy has a much better chance, I could have told Hasbro that there wasn't a market for an articulated Cookie Monster. That market would have probably gone for a less expensive, actual puppet Cookie Monster instead.

• Like Like x 2
  12. lordsmurf

Twitter:
    I'm not even a Sesame Street fan, but I was tempted to get this several times now:
    Sesame Street Cookie Monster Chef Teach Me 17-Inch Plush - Entertainment Earth

However, 17 inches was just too tall for my liking.

Hasbro wanted to do 2x (TWICE) the size for 10x (TEN TIMES) the price. :rolleyes: 

I really feel Unicron should have been $300, or 2x the price of a Titan. Not 4x. :rolleyes: 

Hasbro is coming off as some greedy SOBs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. fake

fake Return to Innocence

The fact that Hasbro ran 2 crowded funded campaigns side by side and devoted almost zero time pushing the product, should tell you they expected it to fail.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  14. lordsmurf

Twitter:
    I don't know about some conspiracist reasoning, but rather simple piss-poor planning and implementation.

• Like Like x 2
  15. JonnyBravo808

JonnyBravo808 Well-Known Member

This is how I feel. Even though I can't personally get it, I want everyone that ponied up to get this. This is a historic figure no doubt, and they deserve it.

• Like Like x 4
  16. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

:p  I think most people just don't look at it :p  The assumption of dude is certainly is understandable given the subject matter. Albeit annoying at times :p 

Can I get this on a shirt, please?

• Like Like x 1
  17. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m thinking they must have negotiated with Pulse to pay later. There’s no way they could carry the debt of 1500 of these bad boys among them. Especially heading into a recession. They’d all be dead in the water.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

I didn't even know about Cookie Monster until someone mentioned it HERE. Total fail, Hasbro.
    lol I would love that on a shirt too, maybe with Unicron eating the Earth under it.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    "and the final goal of 8000 backers should be reached this Saturday 31st, August at 11:59 PM EST."

Eh, where is the blind optimism coming from here? The crowdfund has less than half backing with less than a week remaining. Not trying to be negative in general but this line was pretty ridiculous lol.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    And if it doesn't happen, we will be ok.

• Like Like x 5