Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krysuk

krysuk Well-Known Member

Well I buckled and put in my preorder deposit at Tfs-express
    Guessing there will be a lot like me this week who have been thinking on it, getting more hyped but ultimately deciding if it’s affordable
    Who really knows at this stage if it will meet its targets, but I wouldn’t expect the Haslab numbers to mean anything until the last couple of days when all the other retailers drop their orders in

• Like Like x 4
  2. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    Actually, “premium” comes from the Latin words “pre” meaning “giant” and “mium” meaning “transforming toy planet.”

So it’s the very definition of premium.

• Like Like x 23
  3. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  4. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

This guy has a much better chance, I could have told Hasbro that there wasn't a market for an articulated Cookie Monster. That market would have probably gone for a less expensive, actual puppet Cookie Monster instead.

• Like Like x 2
  5. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I'm not even a Sesame Street fan, but I was tempted to get this several times now:
    Sesame Street Cookie Monster Chef Teach Me 17-Inch Plush - Entertainment Earth

However, 17 inches was just too tall for my liking.

Hasbro wanted to do 2x (TWICE) the size for 10x (TEN TIMES) the price. :rolleyes: 

I really feel Unicron should have been $300, or 2x the price of a Titan. Not 4x. :rolleyes: 

Hasbro is coming off as some greedy SOBs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. fake

fake Return to Innocence

The fact that Hasbro ran 2 crowded funded campaigns side by side and devoted almost zero time pushing the product, should tell you they expected it to fail.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  7. lordsmurf

Twitter:
    I don't know about some conspiracist reasoning, but rather simple piss-poor planning and implementation.

• Like Like x 2
  8. JonnyBravo808

JonnyBravo808 G1 Transformers/1980s Marvel...'nuff said!

This is how I feel. Even though I can't personally get it, I want everyone that ponied up to get this. This is a historic figure no doubt, and they deserve it.

• Like Like x 4
  9. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

:p  I think most people just don't look at it :p  The assumption of dude is certainly is understandable given the subject matter. Albeit annoying at times :p 

Can I get this on a shirt, please?

• Like Like x 1
  10. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m thinking they must have negotiated with Pulse to pay later. There’s no way they could carry the debt of 1500 of these bad boys among them. Especially heading into a recession. They’d all be dead in the water.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

I didn't even know about Cookie Monster until someone mentioned it HERE. Total fail, Hasbro.
    lol I would love that on a shirt too, maybe with Unicron eating the Earth under it.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    "and the final goal of 8000 backers should be reached this Saturday 31st, August at 11:59 PM EST."

Eh, where is the blind optimism coming from here? The crowdfund has less than half backing with less than a week remaining. Not trying to be negative in general but this line was pretty ridiculous lol.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    And if it doesn't happen, we will be ok.

• Like Like x 5
  14. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Well-Known Member

If it succeeds the thread will probably be done. those that got it will be happy and go on their way. those that damned it will be quiet too. maybe some reviews on the figure for those that got it but nothing along the lines of rubbing it in people's faces.

if it doesn't succeed, i have a feeling this is far from done......those that have been damning this release and wishing it to fail will be praising and having a blast with the "i knew it" and "i told you so"

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  15. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Dude, there are so many who have said they may give up TF collecting altogether if this fails. I don't think a fail/succeed will end this thread for anyone, one way or another folks are going to go nuts when this ends. They already are. You don't think there isn't going to be a lot of "WOO! OVER 8K BACKERS JUST LIKE I SAID!" posts?

• Like Like x 1
  16. goldenboy1on1

there's been a difference in tone between people backing it and people not backing it. and i really doubt anyone is going to stop collecting TFs because of this lol. the going nuts part is because of the "i wish this fails" party...kind of stupid such negativity on those backing it. kind of pathetic.

the whole thing has been - if you don't like - go elsewhere. why pose negativity on people that have waited many years for this? what's the point? what do those people get out of it? kind of stupid.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

On premium vs not premium, I agree with those that believe it is a subjective measure. For me, given the scale, detailing and engineering, as well as the platform used for commercialization, I would consider this a premium product. It’s clear that they intended this to be as close to a Masterpiece Unicron as they could make and still maintain a “reasonable” price point. John Warden said as much in an interview at SDCC in response to a question about electronics.

“No, no electronics. We decided to instead keep the price where it was. Wanted to really keep the articulation and the detail. We wanted to make sure this was like a Masterpiece-grade Unicron.”

• Like Like x 5
  18. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So question.

You can't pay for Haslab with a paypal account. However I have a Paypal cash card. It is labeled as a debit and a Mastercard. It has a 16 digit code, an expiration date, a 3 digit code and all that. It is my understanding this is functionally identical to a debit card, but it just pulls from my paypal account. I have my order in using this card. No issues came up when I submitted it. The fact that it's a "Paypal cash card" shouldn't matter right, because the website will only see it as Mastercard-debit card, right?

This will work fine, right? There won't be a problem?

I want to pay for it out of paypal because I'm using money I made off selling a Magic The Gathering Dual Land.

• Like Like x 1
  19. goldenboy1on1

it should work. if it's got an exp, 3 digit, and 16 numbers....one would think it would

• Like Like x 2
  20. lordsmurf

Twitter:
    Yes. It's just a debit card, using your Paypal funding balance.

And I need to remember to pull out my old 95/96 cards. Did you eBay those? I don't need mine, not looked at them in probably 20 years now, no problem parting with them if $$$$.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.