Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It doesn't look like they will hit 8000, at least not 8000 unique US orders. Hasbro shot too high with a character that just isn't on enough bucket lists.

I could afford Unicron easily, if I wanted it. I just dropped $800 on Arcade1ups. But this figure is too big for any display I have. Plus it is way too expensive and complicated to give to my kid.

Unicron represents too many of the childhood destroying memories of Transformers the Movie. If I think to myself about what I'd drop $600 on for something Transformers related, Unicron is probably close to the bottom.

There seems to be a few thousand collectors out there that think differently, and that is fine. However if Hasbro decided to release a G1 crashed Ark playset with a complete cast of in scale and high quality transforming Legend class figures close to New Age 3rd party for $400, I might bite.

• Like Like x 4
  2. johndoe4880

johndoe4880 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i lot of people are saying thats even if they don\'t reach this goal they are going to go ahead with it anyways. but we will see 

• Like Like x 1
  3. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Your state tax will be applied there as well so it would be $825 at TCP. Just a heads up robo

• Like Like x 1
  4. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

As someone who outright cannot afford this, I feel the price really is too much for what\'s being offered, it\'s really not much bigger than the titan\'s, at most 160% the mass. I think that the price is honestly to do with the limited run than anything else. I could never afford the Botcon stuff because the limited run meant more than a 200% increase in price. this feels more of the same. I honestly wonder what the price would be if this was a retail release.  

• Like Like x 3
  5. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    I’ve backed it, I’m supporting it but I don’t see it making it. They’re definitely not working through the weekend trying to push it. There’s been zero new activity on Hasbro social platforms this weekend (just saw official @hasbro Instagram hasn’t posted once about it), so one of two things is going to happen. Either it will just fail (which will be fascinating - let’s see how it’s characterized) or the total will miraculously shoot up on Friday from unknown sources. I’m fine either way.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Just going to put his picture on the wall next to the display.lol
    Did the same with BW Neo Unicron.

• Like Like x 1
  7. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I don't have space for this, but if they increase the price by 10x and make it scale with my MP G1 collection, I'll find the space.

• Like Like x 4
  8. GotBot

GotBot Titan class

Thank God we are in the last week of this nonsense. What a disgrace and fiasco.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Crap....really?

I've got other things for pre-order there because taxes weren't shown in my totals when I checked out. Do they add the taxes at time of payment?

• Like Like x 1
  10. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Well they could have called Taylor Swift, but then they'll have to raise the minimum to 16000.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    A lot of people are also stupid

• Like Like x 11
  12. JoeScibelli

JoeScibelli That one Piranacon fanboy

I agree, earlier in the thread I compared it to buying precious metals. Of course, I wouldn't expect to pay less than $17 for an ounce of silver. That's what it's worth. This thing has $500+ of plastic in it, it's heavy as hell, but I don't think that weight actually adds value like some people say. Sure, it justifies the cost, but does it make it a more enjoyable product? Maybe it helps the look in some places with hollowness, or adds a touch to the engineering, but it isn't really making it more of a toy. It's just making it heavier, in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Phollen16

Phollen16 Am I good? Bad? I'm only human.

News Credits:
    He looks great but Nope Hasbro. That price is disgusting in bot the US and most certainly in Canada

• Like Like x 2
  14. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    It's only on this item afaik.

• Like Like x 1
  15. psychography2

psychography2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the thing, it's still the basic transformation scheme as the Armada toy, with a new ball shell and the cool teeth mechanism. Even then, the teeth mechanism is on single panel that folds up into the large pile of ball-kibble on his back. He's got all of the details of the Siege line, and that took a lot of effort, but I just don't see this Unicron as being $600 impressive.

They're never going to be able to make him in scale with other figures by nature of him turning into a planet. Since that's the case, give me a Unicron at a manageable size and a manageable price with scaled extras, like a surface of Cybertron to stand him on and little ships and little Titans to attack him. I'll be much more in awe of his size if he comes with a Fortress Maximus Micromaster.

As it stands, I already have that Takara G1-colored Unicron from a while back fighting the Takara Primus, and I'm pleased with them.

• Like Like x 3
  16. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    or the other way around, if it gets backed: two years more of this back-and-forth

• Like Like x 5
  17. IwatchTV

IwatchTV Well-Known Member

Thing is, even if I could afford this, I have to ask myself, would I ever bother doing anything with it? Or would it just sit on it stand in the corner of the room?

• Like Like x 7
  18. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    i have to wonder if they made it a functioning puppet as well if it would have made a difference...

I remember getting my niece a gigantic Elmo plush that was about a yard tall...admittedly it wasn't photo-real as far as the show goes but it was recognizable enough and didn't cost $300...

• Like Like x 2
  19. RL1701

RL1701 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That is a disturbing thought. Either way, I think I’ll be done with this thread on 9/1.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    If ppl dont going to buy it and think this thread is crap..just dont go into it.

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.