Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There’s the normal face and a battle damaged face

• Like Like x 2
  2. byk500

byk500 Well-Known Member

Okay, I looked at some of the numbers and I'm going to spitball my opinion based on the manipulation of the numbers...he he he

Within the first week, Unicron got 1739 backers
    since then they have averaged 38 backers a day. WE are seeing a slight uptick as the last weeks go by, around 50.

With the final week ahead of us, I don't think its a far stretch to say that Unicron can replicate this for the last week. Worst case scenario is 350, best case scenario is upwards of 1700.

Also since Hasbro said they were monitoring the boards, I'm going to say that Ran from Hasbro marketing is a hottie ...good thing my wife doesn't monitor the boards lol

• Like Like x 2
  3. Shockwave76

Shockwave76 Decepticon

Problem is that it’s a different team than the one that did the Sail Barge campaign. It would be nice if at the very least we got to see some preliminary box design concepts....

• Like Like x 2
  4. JoeScibelli

JoeScibelli That one Piranacon fanboy

Yeah, I meant less "both are being backed by the same people" and more "Hasbro is splitting their marketing and focuses between the two and it might be favoring Unicron"

• Like Like x 1
  5. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I'm not suggesting that you are wrong, but I kind of wonder about that. I know Hasbro have said that it's one-and-done, but in order to place an order for this guy, you have to agree to their terms...which reference their HasLab FAQ:

Haslab Unicron Agreement Snippet.jpg

And here's a vague bit from their HasLab FAQ that appears to give them the freedom to make them (or similar versions) available elsewhere:

Haslab FAQ Snippet.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  6. geekatron prime

geekatron prime Same Geek Time, Same Geek Channel! TFW2005 Supporter

Didn't see that. Yeah, very vague. Interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Apparently "Graph Guy"

Ebay:
    I think they grossly overestimated what the market would hold at the beginning of the campaign. After the SDCC reveal their marketing team seemed to just go on hiatus almost as though they thought it would be half-funded by the beginning of August. The fan(potential customer) communication generally has been poor. The number of views on the Youtube videos aren't great (however it must be noted that they are significantly higher than the Sail Barge) and, as someone on here mentioned, it's a little strange that there are 0 comments across both videos--one of which lists 50k views. The late corporate push seems rather slapdash, almost as if it was thrown together at the last minute, and they have offered little in the way of extras that people who support crowdfunding have come to expect.
    It's a little frustrating because it feels like with a better marketing effort, they could be much further along to the point where we would no longer be debating if it was funded but rather how much over the 8k the campaign would reach.
    Hubris, thy name is Unicron.

Edit: I just noticed that their Youtube videos don't even contain links to the Hasbro Pulse website where you can fund the campaign. This whole thing (marketing wise) is like amateur hour.
    Edit 2: I just checked and the Sail Barge does have a link right in the description taking you to Haslab. Unbelievable.
    o_O 

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  8. fschuler

I mean, I understand why Hasbro would want it that way. Let's say you're Hasbro and this thing gets funded. You make your molds...pop out your 8000+ piece initial run...everybody gets their toy...and everybody is happy. Then a couple years go by and hundreds or thousands of people are screaming for another run of this guy. Presumably they would still have the molds and I have to believe they would churn out some more copies. Maybe with a different color scheme or some other kind(s) of revision(s). This is all just speculation on my part...but after looking at the terms, it appears they could do just that.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Superhans

Superhans TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Someone should frame this post and send it to Hasbro HQ. Totally accurate. Amateur hour is the word.

Even the PR (which should be controlled and a great weapon) has now gone against them - a number of sites are now reporting that the campaign is “in trouble” which won’t help.

Why didn’t they have someone essentially earmarked to communicate with fans and answer questions? Or engage an experienced crowdfunding consultant (Ivan Askwith or someone)?

• Like Like x 1
  10. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    for those speculating on a rerun of this guy if it gets funded, i'd say its most likely that the current intention is that this is 1 and done, so you shouldnt bank on a rerelease, however hasbro would be absolutely stupid to not have a provision in their terms that would allow them to do a rerelease

• Like Like x 10
  11. geekatron prime

Or it could be something Hasbro legal said they had to put in the print. Guess we will see down the road?

• Like Like x 5
  12. fschuler

Yeah...reads like lawyer-speak to me. Hopefully we actually do get see it. I'm still on the fence about it myself, but I really do want to see it get made.

• Like Like x 3
  13. geekatron prime

Yes, me too. I got my order in last week when I finally got the money together. If all the scuttlebutt that is going around is true, saying we're in the ballpark of the 8,000, or within distance once all the orders are in from everyone. I got to believe it will make it, but if not I know exactly what I can use my $623.00 for. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  14. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    i wonder what kind of repaint they could do if they re-release it...obviously if they redo it exactly as before it would have limited interest as opposed to being different enough...

• Like Like x 2
  15. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So another 5000 left for like 6 days eh?I guess this wont see the light of day...sad

• Like Like x 3
  16. geekatron prime

Just thought of something, since Unicron has the head removing gimmick. Will he also have his leg detatch like in the movie when he ripped his own leg off!! :D 

• Like Like x 3
  17. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Even if it doesn't get funded, it'd be absolute bonkers for Hasbro to just go "uh oh guess we'll never do this again." Not like they'll just destroy the molds or blueprints when the money doesn't come in. Case scenarios that 'may' happen;

1. Backers are refunded, but the collective interest of this figure all over the world will get it made for a VERY LIMITED release on late 2020. Quantity is 500 or less and the price will be either the same as it was asked for in the backing or slightly less.

2. People who still backed it will still get it, but that's it. No if's or but's about it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Apparently "Graph Guy"

Ebay:
    Ok with my totally awesome skills in Paint I've updated the graph to reflect the current numbers as it has just recently passed 3k. Unicron sales.jpg

As you can see, that's a rough official trajectory. If we add in the 1500 extra that Hasbro mentioned from their affiliated sellers it will kick the line up to about the "trend forecast" line, which is far better but still is going to rely heavily on a massive spike at the end. And has been pointed out before, being that the official numbers are so far below what is required, Hasbro runs the risk of dissuading potential backers who might conclude there is no way it can pick up 5k in less than a week.
    And before one of you smart asses says "But, duhr, the Barge got 5k in a week," remember that the Barge was only 1k away from it's goal when headed down the final stretch. 1k is significantly less imposing than 5k for someone debating whether or not to get involved.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 10
  19. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

If a 12 month payment plan were offered I bet more people would sign up. This toy looks awesome but just too pricey to roll out a crowdfunder for only six or so weeks.

• Like Like x 8
  20. Blackdragon27

Blackdragon27 Well-Known Member

Yeah they should have announced this guy sooner so people could have put some money aside.

• Like Like x 2