Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I mean, I understand why Hasbro would want it that way. Let's say you're Hasbro and this thing gets funded. You make your molds...pop out your 8000+ piece initial run...everybody gets their toy...and everybody is happy. Then a couple years go by and hundreds or thousands of people are screaming for another run of this guy. Presumably they would still have the molds and I have to believe they would churn out some more copies. Maybe with a different color scheme or some other kind(s) of revision(s). This is all just speculation on my part...but after looking at the terms, it appears they could do just that.

• Like Like x 4
  2. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    Someone should frame this post and send it to Hasbro HQ. Totally accurate. Amateur hour is the word.

Even the PR (which should be controlled and a great weapon) has now gone against them - a number of sites are now reporting that the campaign is “in trouble” which won’t help.

Why didn’t they have someone essentially earmarked to communicate with fans and answer questions? Or engage an experienced crowdfunding consultant (Ivan Askwith or someone)?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    for those speculating on a rerun of this guy if it gets funded, i'd say its most likely that the current intention is that this is 1 and done, so you shouldnt bank on a rerelease, however hasbro would be absolutely stupid to not have a provision in their terms that would allow them to do a rerelease

• Like Like x 10
  4. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    Or it could be something Hasbro legal said they had to put in the print. Guess we will see down the road?

• Like Like x 5
  5. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah...reads like lawyer-speak to me. Hopefully we actually do get see it. I'm still on the fence about it myself, but I really do want to see it get made.

• Like Like x 3
  6. geekatron prime

News Credits:
    Yes, me too. I got my order in last week when I finally got the money together. If all the scuttlebutt that is going around is true, saying we're in the ballpark of the 8,000, or within distance once all the orders are in from everyone. I got to believe it will make it, but if not I know exactly what I can use my $623.00 for. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  7. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    i wonder what kind of repaint they could do if they re-release it...obviously if they redo it exactly as before it would have limited interest as opposed to being different enough...

• Like Like x 2
  8. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So another 5000 left for like 6 days eh?I guess this wont see the light of day...sad

• Like Like x 3
  9. geekatron prime

News Credits:
    Just thought of something, since Unicron has the head removing gimmick. Will he also have his leg detatch like in the movie when he ripped his own leg off!! :D 

• Like Like x 3
  10. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Even if it doesn't get funded, it'd be absolute bonkers for Hasbro to just go "uh oh guess we'll never do this again." Not like they'll just destroy the molds or blueprints when the money doesn't come in. Case scenarios that 'may' happen;

1. Backers are refunded, but the collective interest of this figure all over the world will get it made for a VERY LIMITED release on late 2020. Quantity is 500 or less and the price will be either the same as it was asked for in the backing or slightly less.

2. People who still backed it will still get it, but that's it. No if's or but's about it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok with my totally awesome skills in Paint I've updated the graph to reflect the current numbers as it has just recently passed 3k. Unicron sales.jpg

As you can see, that's a rough official trajectory. If we add in the 1500 extra that Hasbro mentioned from their affiliated sellers it will kick the line up to about the "trend forecast" line, which is far better but still is going to rely heavily on a massive spike at the end. And has been pointed out before, being that the official numbers are so far below what is required, Hasbro runs the risk of dissuading potential backers who might conclude there is no way it can pick up 5k in less than a week.
    And before one of you smart asses says "But, duhr, the Barge got 5k in a week," remember that the Barge was only 1k away from it's goal when headed down the final stretch. 1k is significantly less imposing than 5k for someone debating whether or not to get involved.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 10
  12. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

If a 12 month payment plan were offered I bet more people would sign up. This toy looks awesome but just too pricey to roll out a crowdfunder for only six or so weeks.

• Like Like x 8
  13. Blackdragon27

Blackdragon27 Well-Known Member

Yeah they should have announced this guy sooner so people could have put some money aside.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Cookie monster just bit the dust and things are not looking good for Unicron.

15. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh wonderful. Will you give those of us who couldn't back it now the chance to own one these for a "reasonable" markup down the road?

What's all this talk of cookie monster I see?

• Like Like x 1
  16. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fixed that for you. :D 

• Like Like x 7
  17. byk500

byk500 Well-Known Member

Here's hoping those "few surprises" are some amazing stuff. Monday has got to be the day for surprises!

• Like Like x 2
  18. researchicon

researchicon Well-Known Member

It’s like we’re all waiting for the calvary.

I hope they send a lot of horses.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

Bahahahahahah

That dog don’t bark in the collectors market

• Like Like x 1
  20. JoeScibelli

JoeScibelli That one Piranacon fanboy

If numbers were lower price would be drastically higher. No matter how many are made, they need the cash to cover steel tooling (one hell of an expense) and R&D.

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.