Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Well-Known Member

right, ill wishes for those that can afford it.

jealous.
    when i was a kid in the locker room after a hockey game we didn't even do dick measuring contests but when it comes to a figure, it's like some people want to go down that road. pretty pathetic. whose got the bigger figure???!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

There's really only two you can possibly do, Unicron and Primus. After that, it's just remolds of those two for Armada, Energon, Cybertron and IDW. And that's assuming a Primus isn't already based on the Cybertron version.

• Like Like x 3
  3. RandomDude1337

RandomDude1337 Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  4. samisham

I think those have an even smaller potential customer base than G1 Unicron and Cybertron Primus, to be honest, I wouldn't be interested in those, personally. To each their own.

But maybe I'm just biased :p 

• Like Like x 2
  5. byk500

byk500 Well-Known Member

I can understand ones preference for lights but I’ve got bots with light up eyes, I’ve got bots with metallic paint and I’ve got bots with light piping. Of the three options, light piping is my favorite

Metallic paint is my second favorite. Battery operated lights are cool but such a pain

• Like Like x 1
  6. samisham

Probably, but they would also have to do something more than just have smaller figures stand or sit in them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mikequillm

mikequillm Wrecker

News Credits:
    I truly dont care what u appreciate. U should have explained more in detail if u didn't want people to comment on your childish post. It got the attention it looked like it deserved.

• Like Like x 4
  8. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

and that was a week ago...... Hasbro pulse has gone up 500 orders alone since then... I imagine its at 7000 by now.

LOL how ignorant you are....... this does not count BBTS, RObotkingdom, and the 3rd party online retailers.... the 1500 is only the affiliates like EB games....hasbro asia... takara tomy mall are in that 1500

• Like Like x 3
  9. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

Ebay:
    What you didn't see the instagram post announcing Unicron as the newest spokesman for Jenny Craig?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    Oh, I love light piping personally. Electronics can be a pain, but can be done well. Just feels like that for $600 that we should be getting something more than we're getting. ....Then again, I spent $400 on MT Utopia when that came out and Quantron, and while I admit I had some buyers remorse of "I just dropped $800 on Transformers." I can argue now they are still awesome. Wouldn't do it again for those prices(As of this moment. I can't be held responsible for awesomeness thrown my way.). Just kind of feels like we're sort of getting gimped in someway or will be. Maybe I won't feel like that when I see this thing at NYCC if it funds and Hasbro has something set up. Maybe I won't feel this way when I get it in hand and I'm just like "OH MY GOD!" But right now, the "secrets and hidden features" aren't lighting my fires.

• Like Like x 2
  11. mikequillm

mikequillm Wrecker

News Credits:
    What's the name of the etailer in Australia taking preorders at a good price? Friend of mine needs to know. Was it mighty ape or?

• Like Like x 1
  12. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    I think it's a done deal, its getting made, the 3rd party retailers have assured it. Hopefully after Unicron, we get a Primus. I know hes not that popular but hear me out, if they would have released Primus first, it probably would have done poorly, probably tanked BUT since Unicron is a GO, if they wait 1 year or so, introducing a Primus could be a hit, rivals sets are a big check mark item. FB_IMG_1558043235104.jpg Besides Primus, I dont see what else could warrant a crowdfunded, the Ark and Nemesis are nice ideas if meant for Titan Masters but most people would want it to fit their regular figures and unlike Unicron, Metroplex etc, it wouldn't transform or have enough fans who'd buy it etc. Screenshot_20190823-174333_Chrome.jpg

Grandus comes to mind but hes too obscure, redoing Fortress Maximus would be cool but I think it's for sure they wouldn't redo anyone and they wont make anything bigger than Unicron. What do you think would be a feasible next project?

• Like Like x 2
  13. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    You know what'd be a cool extra for Battlemasters to throw in? Make Hook, Line, and Sinker.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Honestly, I think it's going to make it's goal. I'm excited that what we saw isn't the finished product, but from of all the suggestions I see on how to improve it, the beard really is the only one that I feel matters. The colors are fine and they did try the cartoon colors on one of the Japanese Unicrons and I felt as though it didn't translate over very well (maybe the orange was too orange or something; it just looked like Halloween Unicron to me). Oh and if I must nitpick further, the abs being smooth would be nice, but not necessary. Despite all that stuff, I'm excited for him.

I guess the only part I really don't like about him is that he is part of Siege. It's not inherently a problem but any completionists out there that miss him for any reason, will pretty much be left behind. If you're not a completionist, then hooray! You're not broken like I am!

Edit: Oh, now that I reread it, only the deco and materials seems to be up for change. The design may be final. Darn.

I know you're making a joke but I'd be all over that! Woo!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  15. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was thinking some play-accessories, like maybe the Quintesson & Junkion ships, or even a tiny Glavatron...

• Like Like x 4
  16. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

How about the next Haslab transformer being an Autobot City Playset? Scaled with Legends figures it could be about the size of the Barge and it could transform to battle mode! My world would be complete.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Gastrotrain

Gastrotrain Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's any less obscure to the public eye but a Monstructor/Dinoking could be good for a haslab project. 6 member teams plus shells are probably outside of the budget for a Titan but also wouldn't have to get too expensive

• Like Like x 3
  18. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Too Colorful

The extra 5mm/3mm posts/ports is a great inclusion! :thumb 

I'm also quite impressed with the weight... 19 pounds! :eek:  I guess the prediction of this guy shattering some poor collector's foot isn't too far off... :lol 

Still a bit too rich for my blood, unfortunately (given the insane amount of exclusives and official product Hasbro is launching this year... good grief...).

But if Hasbro were to throw in a sound clip machine with the Movie theme song, and some sound clips from Unicron himself... it'd be harder to pass on. :eek: 

• Like Like x 2
  19. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

Either cybertron that turns into primus or an arc / mountain playset. I'd be ok with decepticon nemesis playset also... If they needed to go the route of scorponok being crowdfunded... im ok with that too.

• Like Like x 2
  20. samisham

I don't think any Welles character could get that job.

• Like Like x 2