Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Apparently "Graph Guy"

Ebay:
    I'm curious why you would think that. The project was nowhere close to being funded and everyone could see that. There is no reason for people to throw their hats in at the last minute when it obviously is not going to reach completion. That's what I'm actually worried about regarding Unicron. Hasbro should push the secondary sellers not to wait until final day to drop their orders. If people see him too far from the end goal then there won't be much of a spike because the common thinking will be, "eh who cares, it's not going to make it anyway."

• Like Like x 4
  2. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

Sorry I promised him I wouldn’t say. I’ve posted all the info he’s fed me for several weeks now in this thread.

• Like Like x 4
  3. djtfmd

djtfmd Well-Known Member

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 6.43.12 PM.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. octobotimus

octobotimus Decepticon Intelligence

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With the new Q&A Video on the haslab site, they confirm a few things.

1: Deadline will remain the same and no payment plans will be added.

2: If it doesn't hit the goal, it will never be made.

3: There are more surprises coming this upcoming week that the fans have requested.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

Didn't cherry-pick. I quoted and responded to your whole claim, both times.

Here's the thing: I think what you're really talking about is corporate cost-cutting for mass retail, and how that cost-cutting affects quality. But...a mainline TF is no more a "degradation of pop culture" than a Masterpiece TF or a limited-edition TF. They're all things meant to perpetuate the pop culture a company like Hasbro profits from, just at different price levels so everyone can join in.

Dragging in a term like counterculture--which has a whole host of social/political/historical connotations--just muddles things.

But if you want to stick with your dictionary definition, that's cool too: Hasbro thinks it can ask us to pay more than we ever have for--as wonderful as it is--a glorified action figure. You say this opposes our cultural norms. I say consumerism is part of our cultural norms, especially when it comes to a toy based on a cartoon whose main aim was to sell toys.

Unicron doesn't strike me as "counterculture." Not at all. Not in the least. The fact that Hasbro is ballsy enough to make something like this and ask us to pay for it it is yet another extreme manifestation of our culture--like high-priced Yeezys, luxury cars, gadgets, and all sorts of other "toys" that a lot of people can't afford.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 10
  6. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

I really appreciate these videos that keep coming out but I'm getting a little tired of them answering questions that we knew about since they originally showed him off. Example: finger articulation, number of points of articulation, if he can stand without the stand.... Seriously quit going over things we already know and get on with the new stuff already, lol....

They really are just trying to drag this out. If everyone went to the official Haslab site and read it, they'd know and wouldn't have to ask the same questions over and over. *Sigh* I guess we need to wait til next week to see what the supposed cool extras are. I feel like the only new thing they mentioned were the ports ...which for me, doesn't mean anything cause I don't have any figures that have those fun extras. Haha

Come on.... One more week to go to see if this gets made or not. Least we know now the time frame isn't being extended ...

• Like Like x 3
  7. djtfmd

djtfmd Well-Known Member

also, forgot to add an interesting quote at the very end of the q&a video:

"...we've been following all of your comments and questions really really closely online, so you gotta stay tuned because we do have some new additions based on your special requests off all these comments that we are seeing online, as we head towards the last week of our crime fighting period" (or maybe that was "crowd funding period"...?) ;) 

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  8. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

If it does get funded will they be accepting more orders over time until it's produced? Because I know a place here that has a payment plan I could go for.
    Now Galvatron wouldn't be enough to sway a decision from me, but Sideways on the other hand...

• Like Like x 1
  9. crazee928

crazee928 Well-Known Member

that’s how i feel too. every time there’s a new video, i’m hoping to learn something new that’ll make it a must-have, but i’m still on the “i just want to buy him for the sheer size” aspect and less on “oh man that’s a cool feature/transformation!”

• Like Like x 2
  10. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

NAILED IT. My guess was 1500 from a couple days ago.

Okay so likely around 4,500. But 3,500 extra backers in about 1 week's time. We're getting down to the wire people.

"bUt jAbBa'S sAiL bArGe gOt sO mAnY iN tEh LaSt WeEk"

Transformers is NOT the Star Wars fandom. Transformers is DWARFED by the Star Wars fandom.

On the ever-slimming chance that Unicron goes into production...they need to make him orange. The clips they keep playing clearly show Unicron as orange, not yellow. Normally I wouldn't nitpick about this, but at $626 after taxes, I think I get a pass.

• Like Like x 8
  11. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Sorry, how much is Hasbro paying tfw to blatantly shill and beg fans to buy in again?

Covering it, being excited about it, hey, go for it. The tone of TFw and unicron is so fucking gross. Consumerism at its most exploitative and greedy.

Pedro the Lion had it right all along: "All the experts say you ought to start them young /
    That way they'll naturally love the taste of corporate cum"

• Like Like x 3
  12. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    A lot of mention about resellers that are not affiliated with hasbro. 4,500 seems low.

• Like Like x 1
  13. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

But remember there are still all the preorders from 3rd party vendors that are not Hasbro affiliates. We need probably about 2000 backers or less in this last week.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I’ll let you know, my first Hasbro shill check is due next Friday.

• Like Like x 33
  15. samisham

Nothing? They're a news site and this is all newsworthy.

• Like Like x 5
  16. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    I want this to fail so much.

• Like Like x 1
  17. samisham

Why? Not calling you out, just genuinely curious.

• Like Like x 3
  18. octobotimus

octobotimus Decepticon Intelligence

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wait... your saying a news site, is talking about news.....

SAY WHAAAAAT

• Like Like x 7
  19. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Lol what an asshole. Well I think you'll get your wish cause it doesnt seem to be doing so hot

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The quote was:

..we've been following all of your comments and questions really really closely online, so you gotta stay tuned because we do have some new additions based on your special requests off all these comments that we are seeing online, as we head towards the last week of our crowd funding period"

Pun alert: She placed huge emphasis on the word 'head'. I think maybe this was recorded before the head was announced to be removable?

• Like Like x 5