Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeScibelli

JoeScibelli That one Piranacon fanboy

And I'd just like to add, I think we all know this exact toy cannot be just downcharged to $200. However, there are a lot of ways to make a planetformer cheap. As flawed as he is, Armada Unicron was NOT that bad for an early 2000s toy, and was $150 for modern Japanese Encore prices, which tends to be a bit inflated anyways. I'm positive the Hasbro team could really make a decent, but imperfect Unicron toy at much cheaper than this HasLab figure.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dudicus

Dudicus G2 Combiner dudebro

News Credits:
    No surprise there considering this fandom has strong tendencies to complain about anything and everything. The transformation video floored me, I thought it was cool how many moving parts there are in the planet shell parts, especially with regards to the leg kibble. I come to this thread after watching and see mostly negativity.

Yes, throughout all these comparisons, it’s important to keep in mind the fact that Titan-class figures are incredibly simple and barely even convert. You can’t compare a Fort Max that lies down and spreads his legs to a Unicron that folds up into a perfect sphere.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Homerrca

Homerrca Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am interested to see what folks think what the "special features" will be for this toy (I am trying to be positive).

I would like to see the following: (All or one of these)
    - Quintesson ship (be even better if it could be rigged to come out of the eye
    - Some plastic colored beams that could be used for the eyes or in planet mode (if they don't include electronics)
    - A mini deception ship (even better if it could come out of his side
    - Clear megatron displaying his internal structure
    - Mini cybertron that has the imprint of his hand
    - Broken junkion ship that would fit in his hand
    - Sound track
    - Poster (either of the movie or just something cool)
    - Have LED lights built into the ring or an attachment for the ring so it could light up.

Now I know some folks will say they won't do any of this or the cost would be too great but I just want to see what others would want or think it should have.

If this were to be created, do you think any 3P or Takara make some addons for it (like some from the list above)

• Like Like x 5
  4. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    no only one place offering it tfs-express and their cut off date is the same as haslab i'm gutted but i will live :) 

• Like Like x 1
  5. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This thread...it's reminding of when everyone chose sides when the liveaction movies came out.
    You were on the side that likes it or the side that completely hates it.
    Same situation with anyone who likes any era of Transformers that isn't G1.
    I've seen too many people talked down to because they like Beast Wars or Animated or even the Unicron Trilogy.
    This fandom is turning into the Godzilla fandom and well...it's kinda sad.

• Like Like x 4
  6. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    There is no other reason to want it to fail. If it fails, no downsized one comes out, they don’t suddenly spend even more money on a new unicron mold. It would simply be gone. So yes, the argument of wanting it to fail exists purely out of spite.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It was just explained through various posts how that is absolutely false. Did you not read them?

That aside, I'm not exactly sure how you know what other people hold as reasons in the first place...only you get to have opinions, is that it?

• Like Like x 3
  8. CannibalChow

News Credits:
    The amount of hate everyone flings around in general needs to stop...

• Like Like x 4
  9. JoeScibelli

In my opinion, simply dismissing everyone who is hesitant about its success as spiteful and petty is as narrow-minded as the people who want it to fail purely because they don't want people to have a bigger toy than them.

I have reasons as to why I am unsure if I want it to succeed, and it seems you aren't choosing to read them. You don't have to, but don't assume everyone who disagrees with you has the same reason.

• Like Like x 6
  10. AstroTrainee

AstroTrainee Member

News Credits:
    He kinda looks like Tex Hex from BraveStar without his faceplate

• Like Like x 3
  11. Masterpiecefan

Masterpiecefan Well-Known Member

Ok here is what they need to do! Planet kibble removeable and a second set of rings with connection adaptors so you can have planet and robot mode on display simultaneously!

• Like Like x 1
  12. JoeScibelli

Big Convoy: The Sequel

• Like Like x 2
  13. CannibalChow

News Credits:
    So far I've seen hate from both sides.
    People who love KO/3P and hate Hasbro
    People who like Hasbro and hate Ko/3P
    People who love G1 and hate anything else
    This just really needs to stop as I thought everyone here is adults.
    This is turning exactly into the Godzilla fandom where everyone flings insults over which era or toy or single figure is the best and everyone's opinions is pushed as fact.
    Why?
    What's the point of hating each other seriously?
    At this rate how about all of Transformers just stops and we get no more toys or media and have it be killed off... ... ...

• Like Like x 5
  14. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I saw them except they didn’t explain why, they just said it doesn’t mean that.

My comment is directly pointed at those wanting it to fail, why would people being hesitant have anything to do with those directly saying “I hope it fails”.

15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Then you didn't continue to read. It was explained very well, if not by me. Try reading the last couple pages again. Try taking those "piece of shit fans" that disagree with you off ignore for a sec, if that's the issue.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  16. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling the complaints are coming from people that are against this release and or not buying it....

nevertheless, what would you expect from a figure that is an accurate sphere turning into a robot (and for the first time - screen accurate planet and robot modes, may I add).

• Like Like x 3
  17. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    ... it's an early prototype.

• Like Like x 1
  18. jmandawg

jmandawg Well-Known Member

Would everyone please stop telling people to stop.

• Like Like x 5
  19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Okay, I'm sure the discussion of Ollie's has moved on, but it needs to be addressed. I read an article about the chain and how it's been run and is currently operated.

Long story short:
    Ollie was a real person, who's also used as the figurehead of the company. He and a business partner more or less milked it until the days they died. The young man who worked under them took control of the "empire" and runs it the way it was meant to be run. He's frugal, therefore the company actually MAKES money and they were losing a good bit at times when Ollie and his partner were alive. (One of them had this business under another name, Ollie was a landowner, they combined the two in Ollie's Bargain Outlet, basically.)

The current CEO works with companies to get products as cheap as possible. Whether it's a liquidation such as TRU last year, or a warehouse was damaged and therefore the product may be potentially damaged, or a company has so much overstock it's actually cheaper to sell it at a slight loss than it is to keep storing it. (Storage land fees are insane for companies. Even if they own the facility, there's utilities, taxes, zoning, etc.)

In fact, Ollie's does SO much business, some of the companies actually come to the CEO directly and ASK him to take the stuff off of their hands. That's how they price them so low and make a profit.

So, those $50.00 Trypticons and Fortress Maximii? They're either getting them at the original Hasbro in-house pricing (which is always lower than what the resellers and wholesalers sell them for. No one would be able to sell them at MSRP or below if they were paying higher than factory direct pricing.) or the stores they obtain them from write them off as a loss. Case in point: Target's exclusive pack of Power Rangers movie figures from 2017, the pack with Goldar in it. It was sitting on Target's shelves as it was being dumped into Ollie's back rooms across the country. $50.00 at Target, like $20.00 at Ollie's. Target was willing to write off the loss just to get rid of them. And probably not a loss, maybe just zero profit/broke even.

That's how Ollie's operates. Something like Unicron, here? They'd never be able to carry it because Hasbro claims they can't even go into production without the crowdfunding dollars from the fans. $4.6 million, bare minimum. Ollie's got TRU's liquidation for multimillions which ended up being a good deal by the time all of it sold. They made more than their fair share back, plus a profit. They couldn't do that with Unicron because they're not going to foot the bill for its production, and Hasbro claims this can't be made for less than the 4.6. If it was secretly produced, and Hasbro was banking on us collectors to foot the bill after the fact and we just didn't, then yeah, Ollie's could be an option. It isn't because Unicron is a pipe dream in its current form.

Ollie's wouldn't be able to stay open if they wrote off their already written off (by others) purchases. They'll do clearance, sure, but it's still within their profit window.

Unicron will come from HasLab or not at all, and it'll never darken Ollie's doorstep if it does make it but doesn't sell.

• Like Like x 5
  20. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    The barge is a static object that doesn't transform. Just saying.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.