Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djtfmd

djtfmd Well-Known Member

i too want head.

but seriously, some have mentioned a cool idea of making a playset out of Unicron's head - i would totally be down for that...!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of course at a company level they will focus on revenue. But there will also be teams of people that monitor both overall margin and performance of individual line items. Brian Goldner may not look at whether Fort Max was sold at a profit, but the TF team damn sure will. We know this for a fact based on the interview with John Warden and the lady who is in charge of engineering.

You're right in that sometimes individual trees get lost in the forest, but the aim will always be to make a profit. If a product line consistently generates a loss, a company isn't generally going to let that continue. (Unless it clearly correlates with generating profit in another area.)

• Like Like x 1
  3. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    There’s always TFSource who charges nothing until 2021 ;) 

(In taking it for the same reason as you... life took a slight detour but I’m determined to get this guy)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This baffles me. There a bunch of people on this boards, literally chomping at the bit, WAITING(!!) and hoping for this to fail.

I need that time and energy.

I hope it succeeds even though I'm on the fence.

• Like Like x 4
  5. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    that's a no go me being in the uk with their extremely high shipping prices and then the customs fee because they declare full value

• Like Like x 1
  6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After watching the latest video, the transformation looks like a chore. Give me a non transforming, no kibble version for $200-250 and I'd be more interested.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Sometimes, I wonder if it's Unicrons fault we don't have MPM Ratchet or Starscream yet.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Because watching Hasbro scramble and damage control will be glorious.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    This thread has been a fantastic stress test of my ignore list. I thought I had it pretty complete, but I’ve found a few more people whose negativity I don’t need in my life.

• Like Like x 5
  10. jmandawg

jmandawg Well-Known Member

just watched the new transformation video. Looks cool, but not $600 cool. I really wish they would just scale him down to titan size and sell him for titan price to the masses.

• Like Like x 4
  11. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Oh dang your in the UK? Hm..... any of the sites shipping there offer decent payment plans you think are ok?

• Like Like x 1
  12. superman27344

superman27344 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I am not backing the Haslab project, but I am backing this thread. I believe it can make it to 400 pages today before I leave work.

• Like Like x 4
  13. DeceptiTom

DeceptiTom Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    my 2 scenarios on Unicron as it stands right now. This is my assuming that there's enough demand internationally, especially in Japan to save it

1 : US orders hit 4000+ by deadline. International orders and 3rd party stores throw in their orders at last minute. Unicron gets Funded.

2 : US Orders hit 3000+ by deadline, International orders and 3rd party stores throw in their orders at last minute. Almost gets funded.

I fully expect Hasbro to extend the deadline to save face. There's no reason not too. They could say extending the deadline by 1 month could extend the 2021 release by 1 month but that would be worth it.

Either Way. I expect it to get funded. Just not 100% US. The price is a bit much but this thing looks thrice as thick as Metroplex. Maybe showing it standing next to all the other titans would help people in terms of seeing how big it is.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    "Buy an exclusive figure for $600!"

"Does it do anything special?"

"It's head falls off."

My broken record keeps skipping, but this looked good on debut and now the more I see of it, the more it's evident that it isn't worth the money.

Except Metroplex comes with electronics and a smaller figure. Fort Max has electronics and a deluxe head with a headmaster alongside it. Trypticon has a deluxe figure. Even Omega Supreme comes with Countdown.

And for all four of them together you could purchase this and have it in a hear and a half. It's bonuses? It needs a stick up its ass to keep upright and that's about it.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

The barge was a beautiful piece from the start, with its first images. SW fans had positive overall comments, other than the price and the 45 day crowdfund. With this Unicron campaign, from day one comments where negative, the price, the size, the kibble, the this and that. This piece is a very nice piece, probably the best designers can do right now, Haslabs did all the engineering to go from robot mode to perfect sphere planet mode, if this is released and within a year afterwards another company refines the process, it is due to this projects hardworking. Now if you want one find a way to buy one, there are many options, and a lot of excuses. Also, do not forget to SUPPORT GOOD OLD COOKIE MONSTER!

• Like Like x 7
  16. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just because someone wants this to fail does not automatically mean they want it to fail out of spite or FOMO.

Some people can't seem to comprehend that, or worse, refuse to.

• Like Like x 5
  17. JoeScibelli

JoeScibelli That one Piranacon fanboy

This is the unfortunate side effect of the character. Unicron is, well, kind of lame. Don't get me wrong, I grew up mostly on rewatching the 86 movie over and over again, I'd love a decent toy to represent Captain Planet himself. But, in the end, the most you can do with him as a toy is make him go from his robot to alt mode, maybe make his head detach, and add in a few minor display options (like extra articulation, face plates, etc). He's too large in-universe to scale or interact with anything he could come with other than miniature figurines (which I think would be so small people would be complaining about as cheap anyways). You could feasibly add LEDs to the ring and maw, but considering how expensive this thing is already, I don't want to imagine what they'd do to the cost.

Really, the Armada Unicron toy is only as interesting as it was because it did so many things Unicron never did in G1. It had firing missiles, a light-up hand, and a ton of Mini-con ports.

• Like Like x 2
  18. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    voice clips would have been great, with the removable head, maybe someone could add a voice box? A 3P could have an Orson Wells sound alike record some iconic phrases and put that into a new head

• Like Like x 1
  19. jmandawg

jmandawg Well-Known Member

Joints that hold the panels look really fragile, i would cry for weeks if it broke

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Seriously, do you people not actually read or watch interviews with the designers?

HE DOES NOT NEED THE STAND IN ROBOT MODE, THE FIGURE CAN SUPPORT ITS OWN WEIGHT

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.