Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

lol I could have swore I hit shift XD Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  2. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I wonder if Hasbro has any future plans for Haslab if this fails because having this and Cookie Monster fail at the same time has to be pretty humiliating.

• Like Like x 3
  3. RavageX-9

RavageX-9 I don't know

Ebay:
    I'm surprised no one posted screenshots of the video to show off specific things. I guess if you want it done, you have to do it yourself.
    Screenshot_2019-08-22_03-38-10 side.jpg Screenshot_2019-08-22_04-04-31 side unfolded.jpg Screenshot_2019-08-22_03-57-18 angle.jpg Screenshot_2019-08-22_04-08-38 ankle.jpg
    It's unfortunate that the boots have so many chiseled out areas for securing the arms and making room for the center of his groin and the stand.
    I also knew there was something odd about that angled joint in his shoulder connector, and now I see why. It positions the shoulder to be dead-center of the planet even though the chest is farther forward.
    Also notice how thin his ankle joint is. At least it's connected through a peg across the boot and not just connected to that thin flap hanging down on one side.

It's also letting me figure out if my alternate ideas would work at all.
    While this official figure doesn't have movie-accurate transformation for the legs, and has a lot of panels on articulated arms, I wonder if it would be any more offensive to have him turn his waist 90 degrees, do the splits with one leg above and one below, and have his boots collapse like an umbrella and fold over thin skeletal-like lower legs.
    Unfortunately my idea doesn't allow for a movie-accurate transformation with the planet shell, as I'm thinking the feet will be dead center on the top and bottom of the planet, not allowing it to split in half. I could just ditch that idea, but I figured it was such a waste to just hide 1/4th-3/4th of the silver planet shell rather than integrate it as I've been so obsessed about. ... unless the feet split in half so that they can flip up-side-down. I was just going to turn the toes upside-down but... Maybe "movie-accurate transformation" should only be a consideration where it makes sense (like the shells shifting towards the front if they were part of transformation), or doesn't require major compromises (like feet splitting in half?). Also, if the feet can't support the planet stand connecting to them, one can't be on the bottom. I'd have to reposition the feet halfway down the lower leg in order to have them on the north and south poles anyway, so maybe it's for the best.
    I think I could keep the hands in back and the head at the planet mouth easily, but I wonder if it would be stranger for him to have a planet mouth go over his robot butt, or for his hands to clasp over his robot butt. I notice this official version as well as the Armada version avoids both possibilities. :>

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

Eh, I still think this is getting made regardless. I think it'll show 8K backers no matter the cost. I agree though the apparent lack of enthusiasm for this and Cookie Monster is going to affect future Haslab products. 8K was the minimum so I'm sure the expectation was higher.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Of course they are, they'll just move on from it and refocus on something they think is more "realistic." Jabba's Barge showed there's a market for this this stuff, they just need to pick them better. They should have started smaller, like with that Armada Prime Takara was showing off. That would have been an easy $150.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. samisham

While I agree that it would have done better, what's even the point of going the crowdfunding route for something like that? The only reasons I can think of is to prove a market exists for Armada (and by extension Energon and Cybertron) or to prove crowdfunding can work for tf.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    300 to 410 I’ve been. Height is about 22”

• Like Like x 1
  8. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Because the other route would be to release on Pulse as a Takara import. Haslabs would make it an easy win that they could build off of and throw people who complain (like me) that they do too much G1 and ignore everything else (for the most part). Win-Win and a hellova lot better then having a HUGE grand campaign fail because 1.) insane price, 2.) bad time of year, 3.) really bad timing.

Shit, I bet they would have knocked it out of the park if they had done a Marvel Legends Sentinel in scale with 6" ML X-Men (and probably would have been $200 and under with lights). The Sail Barge had been one of the "big ticket" items on many SWBlack series lists. I've been saying since CW that a Unicron was a few years down the road at Titan class, I would have lost my shit if they had pulled out a Titan Monstructor (with little G1 Pretender shells for the folks that want that) and slapped money down. Devey and (I guess) Predaking have their faults but they seem far more comfortable for Hasbro to work with and Devey was supposed to be a cost reduced redesign anyways. It would be nice to see what they could do, at this smaller scale, with more resources and price wise it would probably be cheaper to swallow.

Hell, even a Titan Tidal Wave would have been AMAZING and a huge surprise to start a TF Haslab with.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Also, Maketoys is crowdfunding Seekers. SEEKERS! That's a mold that's like a license to print money and they're crowdfunding it. Crowdfunding isn't an easy path to take.

• Like Like x 2
  10. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    tfs express have managed to get 200 orders in .. every little helps but gutted things have gone shit finacially for me at the moment so i won't be able to grab this :( 

• Like Like x 3
  11. agent j 15

agent j 15 poopity-scoop

Lmaooooo this shit ain’t never gonna happen

12. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    Why laugh if it doesn't happen is beyond me. If it doesn't happen, people will be ok. Good luck to those that joined the campaign.

• Like Like x 11
  13. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    So will the number jump up on the last day because of the overseas orders or is that not confirmed?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shockwave76

Shockwave76 Decepticon

I think the price is a bit high, but not crazy high for such a big transformer. The time frame isn’t all that unrealistic either (it’s similar to the Sail Barge).

I do think Hasbro overestimated the market and raised the bar really high solely because of the final count for the Sail Barge. 5000 would have been a much more “realistic target”. That being said, I think one way or another the counter will reach 8000 before the time runs out.

• Like Like x 3
  15. samisham

Exactly, and there's a significant difference between a small independent company like Make needing to do it and decades-old industry-leading multinational corporation needing to do it. I really can't see Hasbro using this again for anything sub combiner size unless it's real niche.

All. Of. This. More post-g1 is always my jaAm these days.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  16. superman27344

superman27344 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    I am really upset that this thread hasnt made it to 400 pages yet, come guys, you can do it.

17. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Broken Record

I'm giving a 'like' in support, I don't like that your in the shit financially of course. Hope things turn around for you soon.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lol! You know very little about collectors and company relationships then. It would be a TERRIBLE move for PR and a slap in the face of the people who funded it, since it'd tell them they could have waited and still gotten something similar for a third of the price. It'd ensure nobody would take future projects seriously and instead play the waiting game. Say, HasLab would decide to do the original Power Rangers Megazord next at this scale, fully transformable and accurate to the show. I can see Tokunation posts linking to Unicron's posts here, saying "do not waste your money, let others fund it, they will make a cheaper downscaled version later"

• Like Like x 2
  19. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    I think the problem with this is that while people want it to succeed, they also don't mind if it fails because, again, this was put up at the way wrong time, and with waaaay too little notice and with little time. Some people can afford it. Some people are going through third parties to contribute, but in the end, /THIS IS A LOT OF MONEY TO PUT UP/. And while I love this thing, and have backed it(Through The Chosen Prime, lets me pay it off over time.), the transformation isn't very inspiring. Maybe for all of us, we'd be more head over heels about this if we got to see it in person, but not a lot of the community has been able to. It was at SDCC, and some shows in Japan and China, and that's a very small part of the market. So there's a lot of hesitance on it. If this does get funded, I hope to see this at NYCC, and if it's not there, then seriously Hasbro, what the fuck are you doing?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Ummm no? No one is being charged if it doesn’t meet it’s goal meaning it’s not a slap in the face to people who funded it because it didn’t get funded. It means everyone who tried got to keep their $600 and if they were to make it smaller and cheaper(who knows if it will) that means they didn’t spend $600 in the end

If it gets funded it’s going to be at every con and toyfair till it’s released and if it doesn’t get funded it will still
    Probably be there. They used to do that at cons. Show old prototypes

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 2