Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

In the Star Wars fandom, character always trumps location; I would think it the same for Transformers. Having a diorama is nice, but it's far from imperative.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Until all the other retailers submit their customers' orders to Hasbro in the last few days, the amount of backers listed on the site now isn't exactly indicative of failure. The sky isn't falling yet as far as the possibility of this not being fully funded. It may show no more than 3000 a week from today (the 27th) and that will still be true until we see the numbers updated around Sept 1. Anyone wanting to back it shouldn't be using the current number as something to influence your decision. Especially considering you're not out any money if it doesn't get backed. If you don't want a temporary authorization hold on your card any sooner than necessary, wait until the last day to back it. If you want to pay less until it ships, buy via another vendor who only requires a deposit. Nobody should be surprised to suddenly see the backing number jump up by thousands in the end. Plus, I would expect retailers putting in a bunch of orders with Hasbro won't be sitting there plugging in orders of 5 figures at a time on the site like the average customer. They may be talking to Hasbro directly to enter in 50, 80, or way more orders in for them, meaning Hasbro themselves can plop those numbers into the system for the final total whenever they want. "It's only at 2700+, it's doomed" is nothing more than premature panic. Even in the event this isn't funded, it won't be by anywhere near that large a margin. The "I'm not going to bother trying to contribute to something that definitely isn't going to be funded" mindset is far less practical than "Since I'm interested in this and can afford it without a problem, let me back it and see what happens. I don't think it'll be funded, but I won't be out any money if it isn't. it won't hurt to see what happens and I'd hate to miss out if I was wrong."

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Alexander Fedorychev

Alexander Fedorychev What am I?

News Credits:
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania located on Cybertron
    YouTube:
  4. Masterpiecefan

Masterpiecefan Well-Known Member

Up to 2771! Should hit 3000 by Friday.

• Like Like x 1
  5. foobot333

foobot333 Well-Known Member

I know, it's the internet, and criticism, complaints and trolling are ubiquitous on forums. But whether you ARE OR ARE NOT financially supporting this, the fact this project is THIS DAMN CLOSE to being made is amazing and unprecedented in this fandom. Unicron is something we in the TFW community can rally together behind and bring to fruition! He's not meant for everyone to own, but he sure as hell can be a shining symbol for us and our hobby.

So umm... what the hell, I'll say it... Bah weep gragnah weep nini bong?

Or (much) better yet... TIL ALL ARE ONE brothers and sisters!!! Rally the troops! Push forward through the hardships, the negativity and the anxiety. TIL ALL ARE ONE!!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dudicus

Dudicus G2 Combiner dudebro.

News Credits:
    There’s a “Robot Mode” video on Unicron’s Pulse page where John Warden says that there are “a few other surprises” alongside Unicron’s many features. I think this video is pretty new as I haven’t seen anyone talking about it. Although it doesn’t really say anything new other than the bit about the surprises.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

That video just showed me how I don’t like all the extra possible spikes on the outer rings. I think the guy said something like they amplified the design.... I disagree I think I’d like it more screen accurate and less busy

8. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’d take it the alt face was one of those surprises, along with the removable head

• Like Like x 3
  9. byk500

byk500 Well-Known Member

IMHO a “surprise” would be getting something additional that somewhat compensates for the perceived overprice.......

An MP Galvatron

• Like Like x 1
  10. JoeScibelli

JoeScibelli That one Piranacon fanboy

I really do hope those asking for an entire extra Galvatron understand how expensive a toy like that is to produce.

• Like Like x 4
  11. octobotimus

octobotimus Decepticon Intelligence

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    CF5AC9D5-512B-4A7E-A21D-DF0CB9B32F42.gif

But yeah, I’d call them bonuses not surprises. And given they are meant to be extras given to the community, kinda funny seeing people acting like they are entitled to get get them.

• Like Like x 9
  12. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Gunpla and Cow Master

Story focus on fewer characters and an increased demand in ships is what sets Star Wars apart from Transformers. We're spoiled by an ever expanding (and contracting) universe of characters that aren't Megatron, Optimus, or Bumblebee while Star Wars keeps its focus on Skywalkers, Solos, and Wookies, with an interesting assortment of individual characters along the way that have Ships in their garages. we have so many characters to want and like, while they have so few.

Fans of Transformers will pay out the nose for an obscure character whom nobody else outside of the franchise would know or recognize, but Star Wars fans wouldn't care less about some split second blink and you'll never notice they were there Alien creature who gets packed in a 2 to 1 ratio of a case assortment, but they'll fight tooth and nail for a ship that only has less than 7 minutes of screentime simply because it relates to a film they love or because it's a character's posession.

• Like Like x 1
  13. JoeScibelli

I think it's a little like GI Joe. A set of figures is very impressive, but these giant vehicle set pieces give collectors (and even kids, if you want to look at it broadly) a way to display or better use their figures. I think TF fans tend to ignore this because our toys are so comparably huge that a playset is almost unthinkable.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, but less than two weeks to go and funding isn't even halfway there. I doubt a last-day influx of backers would save it at this rate. Do you think this project might be cancelled? :( 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Gunpla and Cow Master

Yeah that is a major contributing factor. Don't forget Hasbro actually made the USS Flagg and what that represented at the time. One massive display piece with a collection of figures and vehicles that could work with it. The irony is it was sold for $110USD back in 1986 and can still fetch over $400 on Ebay.
    This on the other hand, is just one character, at $575 USD..

• Like Like x 2
  16. octobotimus

octobotimus Decepticon Intelligence

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Given the rumor that just 1 site alone has almost a thousand backers, yes, I think it will make it

• Like Like x 1
  17. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Sorry, wrong quote to reply to.

• Like Like x 2
  18. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Why would they cancel it instead just letting it go to the end and see if it gets backed or not?

• Like Like x 1
  19. JoeScibelli

I think he meant cancelled as in failed to reach funding. Could be wrong though.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Masterpiecefan

Masterpiecefan Well-Known Member

Last rumor was estimated around 6000 total, and that was before a couple hundred extra funders were added on haslab so I'd like to think a couple hundred has added at other outlets as well putting us aroun 7000

• Like Like x 3