Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djtfmd

djtfmd Well-Known Member

i actually did mention the "high upfront costs of making the initial molds", so what exactly is it that i'm wrong about?

and what do you mean KO makers don't have to pay for molds? except for the KO's thought to be "lunch-hour specials" (or the few rumored to be made from stolen molds), 3rd party companies most certainly have to make their own molds - how else do you think they make their figures? cuz they're definitely not using Hasbro/Takara's original molds...!

• Like Like x 1
  2. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Sorry but...

The shattered optics should still be green.

This just looks stupid.
    Screenshot_2.png

• Like Like x 6
  3. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    so exactly one month after being revealed they are starting to parse out the 'extras'...

not too surprised the head comes off, and we kinda figured there was going to be a damaged faceplate a long time ago, but its nice to see these finally confirmed...

• Like Like x 1
  4. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Also, I see what you did there Hasbro.
    Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_3.png

• Like Like x 8
  5. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    I looked this morning and they have a loooong way to go to meet the goal and was wondering what they'd announce next to entice people but this is laughable,hahaha

6. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No worries. I saw that too and all good to call me out accordingly.

7. Red dragon 29

Red dragon 29 Well-Known Member

Ohh my god I got to get this now a removal head that I can take off now it’s worth 700 cdn and shipping and customs charges to a total of 1000
    Now I can throw the rest away and keep the head

If u haven’t figure it out hasbro I’m joking
    No way I pay that price for the divorce maker

8. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Something tells me he ran into Bayformers Prime... :D  Man that face is creepy when he has no face!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I know what the next add on is. Its the special glasses to see if your other Transformers are secretly living on earth too. Roddy Piper figure sold separately.

• Like Like x 3
  10. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I see this said a lot but in general the idea of a crowdfund being fully funded only in the final stretch isn't even the reality. Certainly for the sail barge and possibly Unicron. These two aren't typical crowdfunds though.

Using Kickstarter as a example, there are backer perks, stretch goals, and early backer incentives. Campaigns encourage you to back early with limited quantity backer perks and rewards, such as prototypes, meeting with creators and such. Many campaigns might have additional rewards for being one of the first X amount of backers. Campaigns also might have stretch goals that certainly encourage you to back early on.

So yeah...watching trends DO matter. If your campaign isn't trending well then it means there isn't interest. If whatever your campaigning with isnt interesting and your perks and rewards aren't drawing anyone, then you're not gonna succeed.

However it is true that it doesn't really matter much for Unicron. Unlike a regular crowdfund Haslab isn't asking your a monetary pledge, just your name to a list. Hell, this isnt even really a crowdfund. Haslab is just doing a limited time pre-order scheme with a minimum number of orders requirement.

• Like Like x 6
  11. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    ...I don't know where, though....
    Hup, never mind. Thanks.
    And thanks to you, too. And that's not counting the fellows that are gathering the funds for it.
    Venders as well? Neat.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SaintsIconsNemesis

SaintsIconsNemesis Toys are Subjective

Instagram:
    It’s a cool toy. Not everyone can afford him. It’s scale is the best they will get with him. There’s so much pro and cons to getting this toy made. I think hasbro has some cool ideas and want to see if this kind of market can exist. It’s a win win but it’s a matter of getting people to say yeah I want to spend that kind of money. I don’t think the price should be the glare considering it’s size. Remember mp44 is only a 100 dollars cheaper haha

• Like Like x 2
  13. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    like takara tomy mall, bbts, chosen prime, tfsource, etc etc, none of those orders have been added to the total yet

• Like Like x 2
  14. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In hindsight IMHO, they should have released a basic Titan Unicron for $175 and crowdfunded a $400 upgrade kit. They could have designed it around, say, swapping a non-articulated planet mouth for an articulated one, 5mm post spike add ons, extra faces, replacable electronic head with jaw and eye articulation, replaceable wings, etc. The upgrade kit would need a bit more to it. Maybe a straight forward plastic diorama 32”x14” of the inside of Unicron with rubber cables and a claw conveyer digestion thing. (Basically two snap together sheets with a conveyer and vats.)

The core figure would be lower profit margin but get a lot of sales and the upgrade kit would be higher profit margin.

15. cutestprincess

cutestprincess Well-Known Member

Glad to see they're being genuinely responsive to people's feedback by adding the removable head gimmick. This is something that I've accepted is way out of my price range, but i still hope it gets funded and made. I want this to exist even though i can't have it myself

• Like Like x 3
  16. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    ... Or they're just trying to eat each other. I mean, both are compulsive eaters.

• Like Like x 2
  17. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

While that sounds plausible, I haven’t seen many images of the Barge being displayed as part of some bigger 4” display. It’s generally isolated, because of its size, and thus is it’s own display regardless of the rest of the owners’s collection. Unicron would be the same.

• Like Like x 2
  18. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In before someone starts raging that Unicron wasn’t originally a Headmaster & should have had a chest missile launcher instead :D 

• Like Like x 5
  19. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

It's cool that they have it but gotta say the cracked eyes look terrible if they aren't the same green lens material. It looks like his eyes are swollen shut by bee stings or something. Doesn't affect my wanting it, I just won't be using that faceplate.

• Like Like x 4
  20. solo40oz

solo40oz Well-Known Member

#needsMoarGalvatron

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.