Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Right now, almost certain.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Nifty

News Credits:
    Only almost, eh?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

If I still bought non-MP transformers I would get this guy. Hell, I still might if it gets down to the wire and only a handful of preorders are needed to fund it. This would be my first non-MP TF in years, probably since 2014 because I really don't like Wardens design choices and the past half dozen mainlines have just been really bad.

I have to say though, anyone comparing this figure to essentially anything we've ever had is just flat out wrong. This thing is entirely different, in a league of its own. And to complain about the price is stupid. Compare this to other high end toy lines and you'll see you're getting what you pay for. If you have to bitch about the price, this thing is not for you.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

Not trying to proselytize, but as a mainly MP collector, I've found that there are some mainline TFs that work well in the mix. In fact, I'm looking forward to Omega Supreme more than to MP-44.

I'm still not crazy about all the design choices (battle damage, excessive surface detailing), but as a Geewunner, I think the recent mainlines are a notable improvement from what they were before. There is a clear effort to cater to us older folks, an effort that's obviously carried over into Unicron, and I appreciate it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 12
  5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want people to remember some things:

1.) If it gets funded, the world will keep spinning.
    2.) If it doesn't get funded, the world will keep spinning.
    3.) If Hasbro would "punish" us or use it as an excuse not to do this, that, or the other thing, then they don't deserve our money do they?
    4.) This the biggest and most detailed Unicron, but please don't turn yourselves inside out thinking it's the only Unicron toy in existence, because it isn't. (And let's not forget, people were pretty "chuffed" as the Brits would say, over the Armadacron mold being reused in a G1 look. It's not perfect, but it's actually something and not nothing.)
    5.) It's just a toy, period. No matter how much it costs, no matter what happens at the end of the day, it's a toy.
    6.) Go live your lives, please.

• Like Like x 18
  6. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

Don't tell us what to do.

• Like Like x 14
  7. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Wrong on both counts.

To an extent, base production costs are covered (if we naively assume that's what the $4.5M minimum covers, with minimal profit), additional production costs are minimal, and it is primarily profit. That's how mass production works, it's not a per-piece cost.

In terms of success vs. fail, if you only have the minimum backers -- and combined with the fact that Cookie Monster will probably fail -- you have a very dire outlook for future projects. Cookies Monster alone failing would be incentive to reconsider some of the business model, but a minimum success doesn't help.

You have to think big picture for business. You cannot be myopic (unless you're fine with the company longterm failing).

I can only guess you've never been higher up in a busines structure. If so, you'd understand.

In fact, these same sorts of metrics are what affect stock prices.
    It's sort of like "if you're early, you're on time; and if you're on time, you're late".
    - If you miss the earnings target, you're punished. (Even if there was a profit!)
    - If you meet the earnings target, you're very modestly rewarded, but investors may still feel uneasy.
    - If you beat/exceed the earnings target, it's a true success.

It also does go hand-in-hand with Office Space. (paraphrase) "If you want me to wear more than 15 pieces of flair, then why not make the minimum more than 15 pieces?" It's a good question that never gets answers, because inversely you have to have a minimum to get by, and hope for better. More than 15 got rewarded, less than 15 got scorn from the boss.

Not much different than how a movie needs to recover 2x-3x income to be a success, not just break even, or a mild profit.

Some folks just can't follow along with business. It's not easy, it's not for everyone.

8. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    However, this will be without bias or question the best Unicron in existence.

The drama of this thread that especially you are not above is because people are excited about this one way or the other. And that's understandable, because if nothing else this whole project is very exciting.

• Like Like x 1
  9. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

I think you guys are forgetting about someone
    hqdefault (1).jpg

• Like Like x 6
  10. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:

You're working from some faulty assumptions. Maybe Hasbro's "this works" minimum baseline is 4,000 Unicrons, and they're only going to do it if they hit a "this is a grand slam" 8,000. That way, there's not chance of merely meeting the target - unmittigated success or nothing at all.

All we know is it needs 8,000 to happen. Everything else might as well be a bedtime story, and pretending otherwise doesn't help anyone.

• Like Like x 5
  11. halfaway

halfaway Did you think you were cool?

usually the minute guy, but not usually the Last minute guy, I am going to decide on the 30th if I'm getting this guy or not
    I've flip flopped so many times

• Like Like x 3
  12. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's what you took away from that post? *smh* lol wow.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think you’ve made that extremely clear.

• Like Like x 9
  14. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

Just joking bro. Relax, we're all friends here, well some of us are friends, well sometimes friendly at least.

• Like Like x 6
  15. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    That's how a LOT of people understand business.
    Complete deer in headlights. All they hear is the Peanuts teacher talking. :p 

I never gave any assumptions. Again, I'm approaching this topic from the perspective of a teacher, with a potential case study. Some folks here are really reading too much into it. It was mentioned that "8000 is a success", but I've countered by explaining (attempting to, at least) how that may not be accurate.

This could be true. But there are some flaws in that assessment -- namely the ability to claim it an overwhelming success, something that matters for PR audiences. Unicron has been marketed so heavily (mainly through a press release method) that it even made some mentions in financial pubs, brief blurb about the Hasbro crowdfunding platform.

16. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was only about 4 BotCons sets that didn't sell out, you must've been at the "bad" ones...

• Like Like x 1
  17. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I think this is actually a good example of what we might have gotten if people were insistent Unicron not be so much a shellformer...Vader's chunky but has all sorts of stuff hanging off him that would do a disservice to Unicron and there's no way you could fold all those exterior panels to fit inside his body/arms/legs without being extremely thin and fragile...

• Like Like x 2
  18. analogue

analogue Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had no intentions off buying/supporting, then my wife decided she wanted it and backed it last week. So I guess our economic votes cancelled each other out. ;) 

• Like Like x 7
  19. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Relationship goals honestly.

• Like Like x 4
  20. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

Progress on this campaign reminds me of this:

New England 3
    Atlanta 28
    3rd 2:12

Here's to hoping the outcome will be the same.

• Like Like x 8