Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. JoeScibelli

JoeScibelli That one Piranacon fanboy

Honestly I'd be completely down for that

• Like Like x 3
  2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It won't be as easy as that to make the design work within their pre-established retail price points. The design is optimized to work as-is.

The toy is only ~3" taller than Titan Metroplex and Fort Max, and yet is triple their mass and price. Shrinking him down 10% to match their height won't bring his price down enough to make him viable, and "nobody" wants a Unicron that's shorter than the existing Titans, or you might as well stick with Armadacron.

They'd have to go back to the drawing board, if, after all this, they would still be dedicated to making a new Unicron.

• Like Like x 2
  3. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    People keep saying they expected to see extras by now. I was under the impression that Yakface wasn't announced for the Barge until quite late. Can anyone confirm that timetable?

'Cause, really, that past precedent is the only basis we have for expectations right now.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone comparing this to Titan Class figures should recognize that Titan Class figures transform by sitting down and splaying their legs out. Like, take your toy down off the shelf or google the Omega Supreme pics and really soak in how simplistic it is. Fact: PotP Deluxe Rippersnapper has more steps in his insturctions than Metroplex (those were the instructions on the top of the pile, if you're wondering why I chose that figure).

And, I mean, I love the modern Titan Class figures, but they're barely transformers, from that POV.

Meanwhile Unicron is transforming from a perfectly proportioned humanoid robot into a damn sphere. Hollowing him out or making him 3 inches shorter isn't going to make up for the difference in engenieering between that sphere and Yoga Pose City.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 11
  5. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Nifty

News Credits:
    ... like Sharon Stone's movie career.

• Like Like x 5
  6. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

If you have nothing nice to say then don't bother coming back. Your negativity isn't needed! Your basing this post on a random youtube guy and some article that obviously isn't by Hasbro. So everything must be true and accurate. Just make a disappearing act and don't come back if your not supporting this. Oh and you do know that Haslab has NOTHING to do with this site or this thread, right? Your about as bright as ....nope... your not bright at all.

7. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    DA8AACC6-4BCE-4263-BFDC-5238CAFC13A7.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  8. Kayman26

Kayman26 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he was being facetious. Y'know, mocking the people who come in here and hold up a youtube video or a freaking kotaku article of all things that proclaim the death of this crowdfund before it's even over as bastions of truth.

• Like Like x 5
  9. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

So... anybody that's been following the thread, knows that post was tongue-in-cheek... I'm hoping yours was too.

If not, well I'm sorry you took it so pointedly and it wasn't more understandable as sarcasm.

Also... You're* :p 

• Like Like x 4
  10. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Nifty

News Credits:
    Hah, irony.

TFC, there's an option to delete threads if you want to elect to use it.

But, again, even if Onnsake were voicing an opinion, the only real negativity would be the guy angrily responding to it like either opinion really matters to the majority of the people here.

Instead you're flying off the rails at a joke. So, yeah, irony.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Take Your Heart!

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    /whoosh

On a completely different point, I remember how much of a talking point this figure was at SDCC. It got a pretty positive reception from the conversations I overheard.

• Like Like x 3
  12. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

With all the negativity flowing in here, I guess I didn't catch the sarcasm in the post. Forgive me for being butt hurt but it's ridiculous reading some of the posts in here. I apologize for my post, I'll just continue to sit and be silent. Carry on!

• Like Like x 6
  13. Kayman26

Kayman26 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Bizarro World, where success means not success.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wasn't it incredible in person?

• Like Like x 3
  15. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Nifty

News Credits:
    You really have to learn to detach your emotions from the internet. You'll live happier. Be passionate about the hobby, not the fanbase. Not everyone is going to see things your way.

You don't want to be the guy jumping up and down singing the praises of the G1 cartoon thinking you're proving a point just because someone made a comment disagreeing with that idea and four posts later still not realize the other person never cared about your opinion.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think this looks great all around but after seeing the transformation video, this figure might not be for me. Epic centerpiece for whomever buys it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Nifty

News Credits:
    Sure you don't want to buy one? Certainly you could sell it after the campaign easily enough.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Take Your Heart!

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I knew it was big, but I didn't expect to audibly say "damn" in front of John Warden upon seeing it :lol .

• Like Like x 3
  19. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

How about adding this for an epic meltdown of the anti-croners:
    everyone that orders 5 gets an ultra-limited edition Titan Class Scorponok that is guaranteed to never see reproduction

• Like Like x 2
  20. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

Ok now that I’ve gotten caught up on thread just thought I’d share what I found out from my friend that works for the reseller website.
    Disclaimer: I am not an insider, have never pretended to be, and this is just pure dumb luck that I am able to find this stuff out.

He says the past few days they have seen the preorders slow considerably and are now in the mid-900s. They do expect it to continue to slow but also they are expecting a surge the last couple of days as those on the fence, in addition to those that fail to cobble together the funds for ordering off of Pulse, take the plunge. He says they still intend to purchase about 200 extra units on top of the preorders for back-stock to sell after the funding ends (and they don’t expect those to last past Xmas). All-in they expect to submit an order to Pulse for somewhere between 1200-1500 units on August 27th.

• Like Like x 7