Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

If you get out of the semantics deep dive , you'd realize it was a warning of caution... . No where did I say people have to buy things....... I just said that if everyone boycotts Hasbro... they'd go out of business which would screw over Transformer fans ... thats caution. be careful what you wish for.

And we can clearly see which side of the fence you are on since you are barking at me instead of the other people trying to get everyone to stop buying hasbro toys.

2. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Nah, we have third party and, quite honestly, Takara. Hasbro may die but Transformers would live on.

But more likely, the fandom boycotting Hasbro would just mean kids would be able to find those figures nerds buy cases of actually on the pegs instead of marked up on eBay.

• Like Like x 2
  3. autobotsrollout

They set the crowdfunding goal.......... pretty sure that means 8000 backers equals success in their eyes since that's what would make a profit. The guy is just searching for ways to call this a failure no matter what happens

• Like Like x 5
  4. JoeScibelli

JoeScibelli That one Piranacon fanboy

Yeah, like I personally don't think it will be funded and I'm probably colored by the fact that I don't like the toy itself a whole lot. However, I have no doubts that Hasbro decides their funding goals based on what they need to both break even and profit. I mean, it's like everyone's been saying; Hasbro is out to make money. Transformers wouldn't exist if Hasbro wasn't profiting at all from it. If this does happen, it will be a worthwhile endeavor for Hasbro. If it doesn't, then I'm sure they're prepared to take the R&D hit but I'm curious if they'll try to use it for something else.

• Like Like x 2
  5. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The lack of extras is, at this point, disappointing. I expected to see an extra bonus figure revealed by now. At this price, an additional deluxe or two is not unreasonable to expect.

• Like Like x 2
  6. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

Got it.

giphy (1).gif

I don't think you have any real evidence to support that claim. I buy plenty of official product, I also buy 3P and KO. I haven't instructed, encouraged, or attempted to coerce anyone to boycott Hasbro. Spend your money on what makes you happy, I'll do the same okay?

7. autobotsrollout

They might take the skeleton of what they did and shrink it a few inches.... hollow it out... bare bones this thing down to 150$ for a future titan class but at that point ... its basically settling for less.

• Like Like x 3
  8. JoeScibelli

JoeScibelli That one Piranacon fanboy

Honestly I'd be completely down for that

• Like Like x 3
  9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It won't be as easy as that to make the design work within their pre-established retail price points. The design is optimized to work as-is.

The toy is only ~3" taller than Titan Metroplex and Fort Max, and yet is triple their mass and price. Shrinking him down 10% to match their height won't bring his price down enough to make him viable, and "nobody" wants a Unicron that's shorter than the existing Titans, or you might as well stick with Armadacron.

They'd have to go back to the drawing board, if, after all this, they would still be dedicated to making a new Unicron.

• Like Like x 2
  10. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    People keep saying they expected to see extras by now. I was under the impression that Yakface wasn't announced for the Barge until quite late. Can anyone confirm that timetable?

'Cause, really, that past precedent is the only basis we have for expectations right now.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone comparing this to Titan Class figures should recognize that Titan Class figures transform by sitting down and splaying their legs out. Like, take your toy down off the shelf or google the Omega Supreme pics and really soak in how simplistic it is. Fact: PotP Deluxe Rippersnapper has more steps in his insturctions than Metroplex (those were the instructions on the top of the pile, if you're wondering why I chose that figure).

And, I mean, I love the modern Titan Class figures, but they're barely transformers, from that POV.

Meanwhile Unicron is transforming from a perfectly proportioned humanoid robot into a damn sphere. Hollowing him out or making him 3 inches shorter isn't going to make up for the difference in engenieering between that sphere and Yoga Pose City.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 11
  12. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    ... like Sharon Stone's movie career.

• Like Like x 5
  13. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

If you have nothing nice to say then don't bother coming back. Your negativity isn't needed! Your basing this post on a random youtube guy and some article that obviously isn't by Hasbro. So everything must be true and accurate. Just make a disappearing act and don't come back if your not supporting this. Oh and you do know that Haslab has NOTHING to do with this site or this thread, right? Your about as bright as ....nope... your not bright at all.

14. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    DA8AACC6-4BCE-4263-BFDC-5238CAFC13A7.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  15. Keiman74

Keiman74 Perfect geometric shape box

Pretty sure he was being facetious. Y'know, mocking the people who come in here and hold up a youtube video or a freaking kotaku article of all things that proclaim the death of this crowdfund before it's even over as bastions of truth.

• Like Like x 5
  16. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

So... anybody that's been following the thread, knows that post was tongue-in-cheek... I'm hoping yours was too.

If not, well I'm sorry you took it so pointedly and it wasn't more understandable as sarcasm.

Also... You're* :p 

• Like Like x 4
  17. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Hah, irony.

TFC, there's an option to delete threads if you want to elect to use it.

But, again, even if Onnsake were voicing an opinion, the only real negativity would be the guy angrily responding to it like either opinion really matters to the majority of the people here.

Instead you're flying off the rails at a joke. So, yeah, irony.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    /whoosh

On a completely different point, I remember how much of a talking point this figure was at SDCC. It got a pretty positive reception from the conversations I overheard.

• Like Like x 3
  19. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    With all the negativity flowing in here, I guess I didn't catch the sarcasm in the post. Forgive me for being butt hurt but it's ridiculous reading some of the posts in here. I apologize for my post, I'll just continue to sit and be silent. Carry on!

• Like Like x 6
  20. Keiman74

Keiman74 Perfect geometric shape box

Welcome to Bizarro World, where success means not success.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.