Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Normally I'd laugh at the ridiculous idea that a big company can't fail. :rolleyes: 

But Hasbro is very healthy right now, and I don't really see them taking one on the chin, even through a market collapse (if it happens), in the next 18-24 months.

However, duly noted, Hasbro is being a weasel with full-payment preorders/"crowdfunding", which ensures an even healthier bottom line, even if only ~$5M of their $B organization. Screw their consumer to keep their books looking good, pittance that Unicron is. What's truly sad is that some buyers are defending this practice, which doesn't bode well for precedents.

2. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Nope. Hasbro keeps your money, sends photographers to your house to sneak in when you are in the shower and snap a surprise picture of you all sudded up as you rinse out your butt crack to pass out at their next board meeting and have a good laugh at your expense about how many fools donated to a campaign they never intended to succeed. There will be a special mention in their annual report about the million dollars they got for free.

• Like Like x 4
  3. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

So, will they provide us with the details of the other surprises before the end of the month or will they only disclose that information after its been funded?

I'm pretty curious about what those surprises are. I know someone earlier said something about the box it would come in. Honestly after seeing the video with the transformation, I'd be happy with a big box to store him in like the designer had there. I mean, in case I ever wanted to transport him around. Haha.

Not sure that would be one of the surprises tho being that his container looks like it would be a lot more weight. I suppose they wanna make packaging as light as possible due to shipping. Still would be pretty cool tho...

A poster signed by the designer would be kinda neat.

If they reach their limit and go beyond, do we think there is any chance they would add extras like electronics? I mean, I know they said no to electronics but if the funds are there, is that something they could make changes to?

Time will tell. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  4. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

The Primus packages not selling out doesn't mean that there weren't big spenders at those BotCons spending the money they saved on the Primus package on other big ticket/expensive items they wanted more.

• Like Like x 2
  5. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll make that a Pulse exclusive coffee table book to recoup their R&D on the Unicron prototype they made instead.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Nifty

News Credits:
    I would think that if the intent is to sweeten the pot, they'd advertise the bonuses before the end of the campaign. Lest that one guy not go, "Wait, they were including that? I would have bought in for that!"

• Like Like x 1
  7. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

They will certainly monetize it. I anticipate a picture mosaic of Unicron made of all the photos. Hopefully there will be a few lady collectors in the photos making it worth buying and squinting at to see if you can get a peak of something through the suds.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This thread is giving me eye cancer

• Like Like x 2
  9. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I mean... it'd be quite the power move.

• Like Like x 3
  10. PrimalMotive

PrimalMotive Machinima's super-star!

Instagram:
    You stand corrected. Sorry folks, it's just that that tf toys haven't been ggreat lately,(except for Siege of course) and i thought they would've really wanna make money off of Siege
    Once, again,my apologies

11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    By just straight-up stealing people's money?

I have no idea what your thought process here was, but I can assure you that the financial handling of Hasbro works nothing like you're imagining it.

• Like Like x 5
  12. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I wish I was rich enough to buy three of these just to see it happen, I'd never have to worry about money ever :p 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thylacine2000

Thylacine2000 Well-Known Member

Hotel, travel, entry fee, food, and toys for a Botcon weekend was always waaaay over $600. And the high-interest Botcon pieces like "Dawn of Futures Past," "Games of Deception," and "Shattered Glass" sold out. Pretty sure there's more interest in a giant Unicron than there was in Landshark and Ferak and Predacus.

• Like Like x 6
  14. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    It definitely does seem to be a universal truth that one has to have money to make money.

• Like Like x 1
  15. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    It is noted, of course, that even the highest-quantity BotCon sets only had less than a third of Unicron's needed 8000 (and, admittedly, the higher-quantity ones had trouble selling out).

I'm not sure how much the comparison is useful.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

Oh, there is definitely something to see in the back. A lot of people were a bit disappointed to see the heavy kibble back there, even if they expected it to some degree or insist on defending the figure like it is their dying saint of a grandmother.
    For over $600 I think folks have a right to nitpick some. All I was saying is that I saw what they did there in the video.

17. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

Good lord-every time I catch up on this thread it just recycled itself: it’s gonna fail. Uh-oh only x amount of backers. I hope it doesn’t get funded. Will people who backed it get their money back if it fails? Hasbro is evil. I want my Toys for free (yet will pay $350 for Fanstoys Tesla).

Is there anyway to have a mod post a FAQ section on the OP???

• Like Like x 12
  18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not that that'd help. The people who need to be reading these sorts of things don't.

Heck, we just got a conversation thread about how Hasbro's gonna run away with our money if the project fails, when the HasLab page (or any basic understanding of crowdfunding initiatives) tells you they won't.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  19. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    I hope it gets backed, if it doesn't, we may not see TF Haslabs again and I'd really like a Primus. I also love the opportunity of larger than Titan Class characters being made, beyond Primus and Unicron, that number is pretty small I believe.

• Like Like x 2
  20. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

You should try reading some of the posts on Facebook groups-it’s even more hilarious/frustrating. Not a knock on anyone’s financial condition here, but I truly believe most of the controversy with this figure is people who are jealous because for whatever reason they can’t buy it.

• Like Like x 3