Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Sylent

Sylent Haslab Unicron: 5,648 backers - 24 days remaining

I can't argue against that. I would be great if LED's were one of the "surprises" they mentioned in the video. It'll probably be exclusive figurines, though.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx Well-Known Member

I hope it comes with Galvatron's ship.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

Ebay:
    The condescension isn't appreciated.

Whatever the case, your statement doesn't have anything to do with my analysis. Those "other sites around the world" will need to have a base, contact, or some other point facilitating the purchase in North America - a "North American Purchaser". Post-purchase supply chain/distribution likely has nothing to do with Hasbro Pulse - in other words, they don't care because Haslab won't be the one doing the international distribution.

• Like Like x 2
  4. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Oh don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting that we get anything out of THIS if it ends up failing. I'm just saying that with the kind of profile Unicron has with the fandom and how Hasbro is really banking on nostalgia right now, a Titan would be inevitable if this turns out to not succeed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    I mean, that's the hope. Goodness knows most people want SOME kind of big Unicron toy. But we'll see what happens. We'll always have at least one titan coming in for every toyline release. I dunno if Haslab will try again soon (i.e. the next year or so) if Unicron keels, as I dunno what other big popular character exists that would justify the scaling outside the "one titan per line" concept.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Unless they get really creative with the Titans, Unicron would be a matter of when rather than if, if Haslab Unicron wasn't a thing. I mean if the Titan MO is to do big characters then after Skorponok...who else do you got aside from Unicron or Primus or whatever?

• Like Like x 1
  7. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not all transformer toys can be sleek looking people need realize that g1 metroplex have those problems, some g1 combiners have that problem , power master prime have that problem, seacons combined mode have that problem, ultramagnus, rodimus prime buy statue if you don’t extra pieces on back toys they will always be there offices companies who make them and third party companies who make them it will never go away don’t like extra pieces showing on toys stop buy transformer toys

It is sad for those who do want this toy it will never get made unless Hasbro lower backers , extend deadline by few more months it is sad for people who will never get it

8. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    ???

• Like Like x 4
  9. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    Digging around, possibly a Micromaster Base, a Mega/Ultra Pretender (IDW style Thunderwing?). An Ark playset? But yeah... I suspect that if Unicron doesn't land, they'll get there - just likely with a less impressive build.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m wondering if a good chunk of the price is going toward that stand that supports him. Maybe that in itself weighs a lot?

• Like Like x 2
  11. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

Lithone

• Like Like x 2
  12. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    metrotitan
    domestic release of grand maximus
    rid01 fortress maximus/brave maximus
    black zarak
    unicron
    primus
    energon unicron
    unicron of light
    tlk primus/cybertron
    chela
    carcer
    g2 devastator yellow
    g2 devastator orange
    rid landfill (unused heads from devastator)
    omega sentinel
    lugnut supreme
    every combiner that isnt a titan

im sure theres more, but thats just off the top of my head, thats 16 or more years worth of titans right there, granted most are repaints

its been said that the stand weighs 10lbs

• Like Like x 1
  13. blazemongr

blazemongr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sky Lynx, Tidal Wave, and Monstructor are viable options. Piranacon would have been a good choice six months ago.

• Like Like x 1
  14. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

Watching the new video has me pumped! Still hoping the “extras” are an Arblus and Kranix 2 pack legends sized. Maybe they can even transform into Lithionne ships.
    I can’t believe how divisive this toy has been. If you like it and can afford it: back it. If you don’t like it: that’s ok. If you can’t afford it: maybe do one of the etailer options where you can make payments.
    Again, I just don’t get all the vitriol and the doomsdayers.

• Like Like x 7
  15. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    Yeah. It probably does. As dumb as it sounds, a solid chunk of plastic can be pretty expensive just in the materials, especially since it's designed to support such a weight. That, plus factoring in packing materials to hold the stand, and then the shipping costs? It starts to add up like crappy multipliers in an RPG.

I think the current Unicron could be shrunk and dummied down a bit. As it's been pointed out, the thing is largely a shellformer. They can probably shrink it down without compormising a lot of the design. If they huck out some of the gimmickry, I would bet they could get a "budget" model out of it without too much of a hassle.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Holy crap. So I’m right. The figure itself is still lighter than the Fans Toys Omega Supreme and the FT OS can stand fine on his own. I wonder if Takara was able to make more stable joints that maybe the price can be lower. The problem with that? No proper way to display planet mode. Yea it does seem pretty mixed up

• Like Like x 1
  17. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    I'd be willing to bet they do Monstructor as a Titan. At least he has a great marketable name. "MONSTRUCTOR" sounds awesome when you're 10 years old.

• Like Like x 2
  18. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So how does that work? I thought Haslab specifically only sold to US buyers, and only those counted to the magical 8000?

How did you swing this (did you literally just order it and say you were UK based, or have to sign in blood that you'd personally fly to America to pick it up?) and do you count in the total?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I get parts former. But shell former means encased in a shell and then comes out as a robot? Or another example, Samus Aran from Metroid popping out from her Morph Ball into suit mode?

• Like Like x 1
  20. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    added a few that i forgot initially like omega sentinel, lugnut supreme and every single non titan combiner :p  theres plenty of titan options without having to reach very far

• Like Like x 1