Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    Hopefully a rock solid G1 Galvatron figure for the first time...ever...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    no worries, itll still count towards the total orders before all is said and done and my vehicle is safe to drive once again :) 

• Like Like x 2
  3. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But those belong to Galvatron...

• Like Like x 4
  4. setsuna

setsuna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  5. weevil

weevil CHUG Fan!

News Credits:
    His mouth and LED are cheap.

6. Masterpiecefan

Masterpiecefan Well-Known Member

Do the order numbers actually increase showing how many have been ordered like with some other limited items or are they random? I ordered one last week and my order number was 201891 But the count was already over 2000.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trunkkey

Trunkkey There are no bad toys, just bad people.

The order number probably reflects ALL orders on hasbro pulse.

• Like Like x 4
  8. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's perfectly plausible that we get nothing at all. Everyone seems to think that just because we have a resin model or a prototype that HasTak has somehow wasted money and/or the fact that these things exist mean a Unicron toy is an inevitability.

However, the history of the Transformers toyline shows that HasTak has made at least two aborted attempts at a Unicron that made it to prototype phase and then nothing. While this might be a public egg on its face if it doesn't get funded, I don't think HasTak is going to consider this some kind of horrifying debacle from which it will never recover. If there aren't 8000 North American purchasers, then I guess there's not enough people buying it for the complaining to really mean anything.

For those that are howling about it being stupid that Hasbro isn't opening up the crowd fund to everything up to and including Alpha Centauri in order to reach the goal - remember, distribution is also a cost factor that they have to account for. HasTak wants to make money, which is something it'll make less of and make whatever profit margin they've set untenable. If half the funders are US based, and the other half include every other place in the world, including Outer Bumfrickastan, Atlantis and the South Pole, whatever profits that are made on the places where it's easy to send stuff is going to get eaten by the places where it's impossible to send things. This is a controlled effort in producing AND shipping a very large, fragile consumer luxury good, not a mass production of Beanie Babies that can easily survive being dropped off of the back of a truck.

That may not sway some people, but passions aside, let's try and use logic here. I'm not saying companies don't make stupid decisions, but I don't think they'd spend all this time trying to put this thing out for sale and engaging in an ad campaign without having crunched the numbers through a financial analyst and/or an accountant. This isn't 1980's Movie Megacorp, Inc. where some old fart is deluded by a razzle dazzle marketing campaign pitch to the point where he presses the "Release Giant Toy" button. This is a calculated event, designed to succeed in some fashion, even if it's just testing the waters to see where the upper limit is for Transformers collectors in the United States.

• Like Like x 5
  9. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    *sigh*

No.

No.

No.

8000 WORLDWIDE. It's just that all those other sites around the world will eventually have to place their orders through HasLab. This has been stated repeatedly, with plenty of evidence, and yet this misinformation continues.

STOP IT!

• Like Like x 10
  10. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

I can't argue against that. I would be great if LED's were one of the "surprises" they mentioned in the video. It'll probably be exclusive figurines, though.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx No matter where you go, there you are.

I hope it comes with Galvatron's ship.

• Like Like x 3
  12. ProtectronPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The condescension isn't appreciated.

Whatever the case, your statement doesn't have anything to do with my analysis. Those "other sites around the world" will need to have a base, contact, or some other point facilitating the purchase in North America - a "North American Purchaser". Post-purchase supply chain/distribution likely has nothing to do with Hasbro Pulse - in other words, they don't care because Haslab won't be the one doing the international distribution.

• Like Like x 2
  13. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting that we get anything out of THIS if it ends up failing. I'm just saying that with the kind of profile Unicron has with the fandom and how Hasbro is really banking on nostalgia right now, a Titan would be inevitable if this turns out to not succeed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ProtectronPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I mean, that's the hope. Goodness knows most people want SOME kind of big Unicron toy. But we'll see what happens. We'll always have at least one titan coming in for every toyline release. I dunno if Haslab will try again soon (i.e. the next year or so) if Unicron keels, as I dunno what other big popular character exists that would justify the scaling outside the "one titan per line" concept.

• Like Like x 1
  15. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Unless they get really creative with the Titans, Unicron would be a matter of when rather than if, if Haslab Unicron wasn't a thing. I mean if the Titan MO is to do big characters then after Skorponok...who else do you got aside from Unicron or Primus or whatever?

• Like Like x 1
  16. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not all transformer toys can be sleek looking people need realize that g1 metroplex have those problems, some g1 combiners have that problem , power master prime have that problem, seacons combined mode have that problem, ultramagnus, rodimus prime buy statue if you don’t extra pieces on back toys they will always be there offices companies who make them and third party companies who make them it will never go away don’t like extra pieces showing on toys stop buy transformer toys

It is sad for those who do want this toy it will never get made unless Hasbro lower backers , extend deadline by few more months it is sad for people who will never get it

17. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    ???

• Like Like x 4
  18. ProtectronPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Digging around, possibly a Micromaster Base, a Mega/Ultra Pretender (IDW style Thunderwing?). An Ark playset? But yeah... I suspect that if Unicron doesn't land, they'll get there - just likely with a less impressive build.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    I’m wondering if a good chunk of the price is going toward that stand that supports him. Maybe that in itself weighs a lot?

• Like Like x 2
  20. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

Lithone

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.