Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

Stay tuned for the next episode of "As Unicron Chews"

• Like Like x 8
  2. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

By rare, if you mean bloody like a steak, then it’s an accurate conclusion as well.

• Like Like x 2
  3. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

Eater of worlds, instrument of destruction, harbinger of doom, chaos bringer, and now: splitter of the fandom.

• Like Like x 5
  4. maltesefalcon

maltesefalcon stuff dreams are made of

As a uk fan who grew up watching "ghost in the machine" "return of optimus prime"and "heavy metal war" as some of my only transformers lore I'm viewing this with confused thoughts. I'm mainly an 86 collector, movie specifically, but unicron is so far out of scale with everything ever made, apart from primus or at a pinch wst!

one side of me would love to create a display based on the movie poster! the other side says that I have enough issues finding space for omega supreme (if I even find him). the price is essentially two months wages after ive paid my bills but with siege, the lightning collection, 90s x-men marvel legends, and 3 lego lines I'm following it gets expensive(especially the aftermarket due to uk distribution). this although it is a similar price is actually harder for me to justify than mp44 as I mainly want the minifigs from that and could use the rest as a display piece.

as a posable display statue im not to sure this is worth it, but as a way to get closer to a complete 86 movie cast....well, as I said confused!

• Like Like x 1
  5. teemu8

teemu8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No nutrition in that kind of diet at all. No toy is worth sacrificing your health over

• Like Like x 1
  6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who said anything about my diet? I'll still be eating filet and lobster tail. It's my kids that are getting ramen for the foreseeable future :ev: .

• Like Like x 24
  7. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    It is, but it isn't. Again "scalper" is simply a pejorative, and it is the act of resale. But ticket "scalping" has added legalities/illegalities. Unlike toys, venues can set their own policies for sale/resale, and scalping may attempt to circumvent that. So, as I said, then really no direct comparison between ticket sales and mass-market action figures.

No. o_O 

What? Not at all. Maybe in the exact case of Unicron, which is online sales, sure. But in general, people on social media b!tch about this exact "problem" all the time. Somebody in Canada buys 2-3, and somebody in USA, 1000+ miles away, started to gripe. The toxic attitude has leeched back to places like Reddit and TFW2005, but it definitely started on Facebook.

Huh? :confused: 

Well, we also have to remember that the dictionary evolves quite a bit, so I'm not surprised the definition has been expanded. But I prefer the OED. :p 

8. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

You can’t “scalp” this Unicron figure. But you can certainly scalp a mass market toy. And scalping is generally considered uncool (my opinion).

• Like Like x 5
  9. lordsmurf

Twitter:
    Aside from this, I really don't know what else I'd do with such a massive bot.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Why does nobody ask Unicron what he wants to do?

• Like Like x 10
  11. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

So the fandom's finally discovered him, eh?

• Like Like x 1
  12. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

What? Yes, you can. Why wouldn't you be able to?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    This thread has devolved into an argument about the definition of a scalper.

Ambrose.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  14. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Because he ascribes to the idea that scalping is not merely re-selling, but also the act of artificially increasing the scarcity by monopolizing the stock.

That's impossible to do in this scenario, as it currently stands, so in Ramberk Magnus' opinion, it's not scalping.

We'll leave it at that, since the discussion over what one personally considers scalping was already put through its paces on the previous pages.

• Like Like x 8
  15. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes let us get back to the task at hand, Unicron.
    So let's discuss why he's so inconsistent in his depictions in the Movie & TV Show.
    [​IMG]

16. Superhans

Superhans TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love the turn this has taken. Hasbro are sitting laughing their asses off.

• Like Like x 5
  17. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except, tickets for an event are limited to a certain number AND date - there is a scarcity of both availability and time. There is no "concert date" that renders the toys worthless after a certain point, there is the option to wait for a restock, order from another place in the country, or wait for demand to die and pick up on the secondary market.

This here describes it best.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

Poor cookie monster, everyone tell all your friends and family about poor old cookie monster may not get made, without all of there help. Look at cookie monster on the pulse hone page waving goodbye to all. Also, I have not read a single post about CM not being show accurate, or has too much for kibble, or his eyes to mouth proportions are off.

• Like Like x 10
  19. lordsmurf

Twitter:
    I remember a perfectly nice cookie monster at EE for $25.
    Now if only we had a smaller Unicron option to match.

You know, if anything, I wonder if we'll get a leader-class shrunken Unicron. ;) 

20. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    he's a transformer and can change his appearance at will (which was something I was/am sort of against especially in regards to the live-action films where they can swap forms at will rather than being modified externally/internally)

• Like Like x 2