Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MechaFanboy

MechaFanboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:

TMall is asking for upfront payment? That's gonna be rough.

2. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

This is to make sure you are serious. :) 

It will be refunded if the target is not met.

If the crowdfund target is met, all backers will have to pay the full amount in the first week of September anyway -- it's just three weeks difference.

• Like Like x 2
  3. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Well I assure you that 97 degrees and humid is still inhabitable. But if don't want to go for a walk, maybe go swimming? Or just go for a drive, maybe go get some ice cream?

Doesn't matter, the point is any and all what else you can do instead is better than spending the next 20 days sitting in front of a computer worrying about things you have no control over like the counter on HasLab's page.

• Like Like x 6
  4. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Robot Kingdom made an official statement for payment. You won't need to pay until 2021 when the item arrives. Man! That is a killer deal! I have plenty of time to save up. And $240 shipping? Honestly I expected worse. This is fine. Now I have the funds to go ahead and pay off all the other preorders for the rest of this year instead of scrambling to pay this off. NOICE

Dear customers

Here are more information regarding War for Cybertron Unicron.

Transformers: War For Cybertron Unicron
    http://www.robotkingdom.com/e6830.html

USD175 deposit is non refundable after 26th August 2019 if the Hasbro Pulse Unicron Project is confirmed to proceed.
    We will refund the deposit in full if the project is cancelled.
    Remaining balance and shipping cost will be collected after the items arrival.
    NO payment or shippping will be requested until the item arrived in early 2021

Below are some 2019 recent shipping cost for reference. We are expecting some increment in 2021 when the item arrived.
    Free Shipping to Hong Kong Addresses
    South Korea Fedex reference shipping cost: USD240
    Europe Fedex reference shipping cost: USD300
    Australia: USD240
    Japan: USD170

(Shipping cost for South America is too high recently)

For further details, please email to [email protected] for enquiry.

Robotkingdom Crew
    www.robotkingdom.com

• Like Like x 7
  5. kidlat2000

kidlat2000 Well-Known Member

Have faith. It will be backed. If Haslab sticked with USA only, it wont but partners around the other countries are taking order on this so we will see it goes through.

Better check back 3 days before the end of the campaign and we shall see the numbers close to reality.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    I was planning to get my pre-order in on Friday, but important life stuff kept me away from my local EB Games store.

I made it in there today, though, to lodge my pre-order and pay my deposit.

I can pay installments in store up until the toy comes in, so I won't even need to set aside a big pickle jar for saving up the cash.

Cybertron and all its moons belong to me, but I belong to him now.

~L~

• Like Like x 5
  7. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You do know Crowdfunding doesn't work like that right?

• Like Like x 5
  8. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The middle will have a lull and the end will have a spike just like the barge.
    You're not accounting for the spike as we don't know the spike.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Turbine027

Turbine027 Boys or Toys? BOTH!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Randomly pull this old Arcee Prototype and include it ... This ugly thing would be like printing money for the G1 fans :lol 

A067B12B-73EA-4506-81F5-811F85F22D70.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  10. daniel7777

daniel7777 Well-Known Member

Spike would only happen if people believed that the project was gonna happen, because people were afraid that they might miss the chance. Sail Barge’s spike only happened after it hit 4,000 backers and only 1,000 backers away. See the picture below.

Attached Files:

11. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can we get down to the serious question? When is someone going to make the first custom HASLAB Devastator using Unicron ;) :D 

• Like Like x 3
  12. TAAO

TAAO Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Won't the spike still happen once all the other online retailers place their preorder orders? Those won't be counted until the last day.

• Like Like x 4
  13. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

I spoke with my friend at the reseller again and he told me August 26th will be the day they start transmitting all their orders to Hasbro. They will not have to go directly through pulse since they have a rep at Hasbro who will Assist them. He reiterated that not one single order of the over 900 they have now has been counted on the pulse site because they have not been officially ordered yet.

• Like Like x 12
  14. daniel7777

daniel7777 Well-Known Member

How many people do you think would like to spend $200 more on this thing through a vendor? Also, for people who are counting on international orders, so far there are only 200 or so backers in China.
    Do you guys really think the count will pass 6,400 (80% target based on Barge’s 4,000/5,000) with 5 days left, so that there will be another big spike in the last 5 days?

Not counting any spike is not wise, however, thinking a big spike will automatically happen is also fooling yourself.

15. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

the majority of international orders will be put in with online sites and we wont know the number until the last 2 days when those are put in.

Thats wrong............. you dont get charged if it doesnt get backed so having to KNOW it will get backed doesnt create a spike. What created the spike was people chipping in to the count TO MAKE SURE it gets backed. Its a lets make this thing happen spike.

• Like Like x 4
  16. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Not calling u a liar but how many here used an etailer to preorder unicron?

17. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

Some extras could also be, the reformatted light effects, and self destruct mode, with the touch sound effect.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TAAO

TAAO Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nobody "likes" to spend an extra $200. But if it's the difference of not getting one this month because of finances, or being able to obtain one that might be a bit more, but over a longer duration to make it more palatable, I'm sure a lot of preorders on other sites are being made. Even if it is marked up by $200, over roughly 18 months until delivery would brake it down to about $40.50 per month ($675 + 8% tax = $729 / 18 = $40.50). And that's if there is no down payment, such as with TFSource. A down payment would reduce the monthly amount even more.
    That's actually kind of how our economy works. Have you ever bought a house? Most people can't pay cash, so they finance the place they want to obtain it without losing out. Yea, it's cheaper without the financing, but not everyone can afford to do so.

As stated above, I'm sure a lot of people have placed preorders other than the Pulse.
    Maybe it's just me, but why does it seem like people on this site who don't want Unicron to get made think it's ok to try and shame those who do want it?

Sorry edit on my numbers. We'll round it to $800. That's still about $48 a month ($800 + 8% tax = $864 / 18 = $48).

• Like Like x 4
  19. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

I used Chosen Prime to back 2 of my 4... the other two with hasbro pulse.

The real difference is when people cant afford it right now.............. would you rather pay 800$ (175$ down) for one or 1200-2000$ for one when this thing finally comes out because thats what it will go for when people miss this preorder

• Like Like x 2
  20. kidlat2000

kidlat2000 Well-Known Member

I backed this through a local Hasbro retailer in my country somewhere in Asia. Its way cheaper than getting a mail forwarding or getting re-ship and goes to our customs.

Also, there is a hint from my local retailer that there might be limited extras after. Ofcourse price was way more than what paid for the PO. He probably is hinting that he will order for his shop to be sold for those who did not PO and will want to get it after it is released. The PO price I got is about 710$ including taxes, pickup on store. The retail price for those who did not PO was about 865$! Comparing to if I will be ordering directly from Haslab, its about $676 including taxes+priority shipping to NY then pay forwarding to my country :( 

How many ordered this way through their local etailer? We will know only on the last days when all these orders gets transmitted.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.