Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if they do a reissue that isnt crowdfunded then that will be the death of haslab, there will be no incentive to back future projects if theyre just going to be made available after the fact so everyone will operate under the assumption that they'll be able to buy it later and not back it. that wouldn't make any sense for them to do unless its crowd funded just like the first run and if its not for years down the road

• Like Like x 7
  2. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Never know

• Like Like x 1
  3. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Accept no imitations

News Credits:
    If there's a reissue it is unlikely to be any time soon. Like I said before it's more likely they'll revisit the mould later...maybe for a future anniversary with a new deco and some different/new accessories. Thus making it different enough to claim they are not reissuing the Haslabs figure. If made I honestly can't see this being the one and only time this mould is ever put to market...but they are gonna want to leave it a few years to protect the validity of Haslabs like @tigatron2002 says.

I really wish the photos of the planet mode would be taken off the carousel on the main page...it's really making it difficult for me to maintain my will power!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  4. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    also opened to the uk/europe through tfs-express

• Like Like x 2
  5. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They'd have to do a reissue of the Sail Barge too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

GINA

7. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seems unlikely that more than a couple people would go through the pre-authorization charges simply to troll.

All of this simply ignores the infrastructure required for what would be an exponentially even smaller run - setting up the factory production, setting up the packaging and then the shipping logistics (especially for any international outlets) not just to their hub but then to individual customers, since no retailer will devote money or space for something of this size and expense.
    Yeah, it's not happening, but keep flying that denial flag!!

• Like Like x 3
  8. vproject

vproject Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Our local toy/hobby stores have already started taking reservations for Unicron too. Some even offer a downpayment of $100 then the rest will be payable on December. That gives people enough time to save up to pay the full amount. Total price is around $785 but that includes already shipping from China to the Philippines. Unicron will be sourced thru China distribution for us.

• Like Like x 2
  9. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    If they charge 2x the price, then limit it to 4000 pieces, what's different than what's happening now? (Rhetorical: nothing.)

Nobody said anything about retail space. HasbroPulse bypasses B&M. And that's really not much different from Amazon/EE/BBTS/etc exclusives. Only only sales, limited runs.

10. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Never denied anyone anything as I hope this goes through. I do think it has a realistic chance of that happening, so if they make more, more to go around. If it doesn't happen, works for me.

11. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really? Twice the price is your key to this hypothetical fantasy?
    Let's be clear, after this initial offering pulls in the majority of the people interested in a piece of this size and expense, there's no way a future run - even at the SAME price - hits even half the orders that the initial run makes. Double the price and you'll drop that to nearly nobody, not to mention that'll be the eBay (and therefore PayPal Credit eligible price to further hit those people who's primary issue was payment) price, further cutting into the pool of these potential second offering buyers.

My comment about retail space only applied to shipping logistics - they don't get to simply ship a pallet here and a pallet there to retailer's distribution centers, but instead have to package and ship each item for individual shipment to individual buyers. That adds an entire (temporary) department to deal with that, multiple ones if you have multiple countries.

And touching on what I said above about price - it's still not going to be the same cost either. Fixed costs that are spread out over item count means higher per unit cost with less units. Packaging costs (initial set-up costs) spread out over, say 2,000 pieces instead of 8,500 (just to make up some ballpark numbers) means a significant up-charge per item.

• Like Like x 9
  12. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    That would completely defeat the purpose of it.

They've also said this is a once and done thing.

So no reissue.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Good to know. Hope you can get a copy and enjoy it. Thanks for the info

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Folks are having some crazy levels of wishful thinking mixed with hostility towards Hasbro because reality is reality and you can't escape the logistics of cost/time/materials/units sold. During a time when 3P has considerably slowed down and shifted a lot of focus to legend-sized figures fans are expecting miraculous four foot tall Unicrons at half the price...

• Like Like x 9
  15. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to mention produce-upon-demand.
    As if the factory line is just in standby, ready to crank out another 25 pieces at a time.

• Like Like x 7
  16. jwarenec1

jwarenec1 Well-Known Member

I think there is a slim chance this thing gets a reissue. Even if it did it would be 10+ years from now, and would still be a crowdfund type of deal. The logistics for it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

• Like Like x 3
  17. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    It's difficult to predict the future. The Sail Barge is the first Haslab crowd funded project, and it only shipped this year. So we don't have much of a track record to go on here. I think the bottom line is that if one wants this Unicron, then it's best to get in on this project and order one before the deadline.

• Like Like x 7
  18. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The field of behavioral economics would have something to say about this. People don't behave according to basic math formulas, and there are at least a few notable variables in that hypothetical--e.g., what's the upper limit for most of the current backers? Would 'limiting' it to 4,000 affect the perceived scarcity of the product, and to what degree, and how would that play with the resources of the current available backers ?

Intro to Econ tells us that demand is negatively sloped relative to cost--i.e., as the cost of something goes up, there's less demand. I mean, hell, they're starting to find that behavior in animals, too. But that's just a generalized starting point.

Hypotheticals are great because nobody has to be wrong (in their own minds, anyway), at least until the eggheads start testing this stuff out in real life. I'm sure Hasbro has people who did the homework. And it's why actuaries are compensated well for what they do.

Right. People assume that when a toy company, even a big one like Hasbro, wants to make a toy, it's as simple as starting up the conveyor belt.

One toy being made, especially one as complicated as this, means at least a few other simple/easier-to-sell toys not being made. Toy production involves rotation based on available factory/production resources.

• Like Like x 7
  19. edwardelric880

edwardelric880 Well-Known Member

So through all the various channels people have listed, Unicron is essentially available worldwide now? It would be nice if there was a stickied post with links to all the different sites he's available on.

• Like Like x 3
  20. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Along with Shackwave and Lancer I got Unicron today from Hasbro Pulse, the t-shirt that is :)  This will just have to tide me over over the long wait until we get the toy in our hands!

The back of the shirt, I wish this was the front design though:
    dsc_0262.jpg

My other Unicron themed shirts, the bottom two are from ript apparel (would they be considered knock-offs? :D ):
    dsc_0263.jpg

• Like Like x 7