Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    I'm interested in seeing the Zeta one fully revealed, only because right now it honestly doesn't look nearly as impressive as the Hasbro one. But it's a good option for all the conspiracy theorist and "hope this failers".

• Like Like x 3
  2. w00t

w00t Well-Known Member

I'm also getting the feeling that this Zeta version is going to be small. It may turn out to be no competition for the Hasbro one. I'm excited to see more on both though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    That comment doesn't have anything to do with what I was saying. :rolleyes: 

Until recent months, none around me either. Now there's 2 about 100 miles away. So, not really "near me", but at least in the state now. Ollie's is regional, and growing. I know they've taken over several TRU locations to date. But honestly, it's not really a big toy store or anything, mostly just carrying some Hasbro clearance items. You'd be more apt to find deals on lawn chairs in winter, or scarves in summer. People would post about $40 Trypticon/FortMax buys, but that was like 1-2 years ago now. Those were also likely TRU warehouse overstock, so a one-off situation. You'd have a better time finding Hasbro toys at Ross, Marshall's, Five Below, Tuesday Morning, and some others. Sadly not Big Lots anymore, it became a generic big box chain.

Good read: Toys R Us: Ollie's Bargain Outlet is buying what remains of retail giant - CNN

I nabbed him for $18 shipped, no tax, from Dorkside on last Black Friday. My point here is that Ollie's isn't some mecca for ultimate discounts, just another discounter like stores mentioned above.

• Like Like x 1
  4. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It’s attached to another sentence ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  5. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Accept no imitations

News Credits:
    A heads up to any UK/EU folk that might be interested in this TFS-Express/Transformers Omegalock appear to be bring this to us at zero profit (or close to zero). Might be your best chance of getting it unless they open it up to people outside the US/Canada

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 09.24.10.png

Transformers War For Cybertron Unicron

I am tempted but £580.....nah i just can't justify or afford that no matter how sweet that planet mode looks.

• Like Like x 5
  6. SaintsIconsNemesis

SaintsIconsNemesis Toys are Subjective

Instagram:
    that\'s good 34 days for people to take out a second mortgage to put down for him, he is one hell of a robot though, hope they hit the 8000

• Like Like x 1
  7. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:

see this a little while ago on fb... i'm in as soon as i can pay the deposite

next couple of weeks is going to cost me £530 ... £400 down payment on the studio oz cybertron and £130 deposit on this :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hasbro has said this is a once and done, no reissues, not much overstock, if you dont back it dont expect to be able to buy it later

• Like Like x 3
  9. Michael Mercy

Michael Mercy Nerdmasté!

I asked on a Star Wars forum about the Sail Barge and the Canadians there said theirs shipped from Quebec. Hope they use the same method for Unicron.

• Like Like x 2
  10. galvatran

galvatran Well-Known Member

Oh my... what a long nose you have Hasbro.

• Like Like x 1
  11. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

I put alot of thought into this figure. My bank account laughs at the price but the fact that Hasbro had to crowdfund this thing always have me the side eye. It was pretty obvious that it was never gonna hit it's goal.

12. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    and let me guess, the earth is flat? believe what you want, but things are spelled out pretty well as far as what happens if this figure gets made and what happens if it doesnt

• Like Like x 4
  13. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It'll hit the goal, the Sail Barge had 6 days left and was stuck around 3000 of the 5000 it needed then soared up to 8810 in those last 6 days.
    Crowdfunding always have a big beginning and even bigger finish with little to no activity in the middle.

14. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    So try not to bicker. Keeping an eye on this thread so it doesn’t derail AGAIN

• Like Like x 2
  15. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    If it's in demand later, they'll reissue it, and at a higher price point. It would be several years after the first issue, so not anytime soon. It's worked for every other major toy line Hasbro has, from Marvel to Star Wars to Transformers. Why would they change it?

I'm really quite amused that you believe their marketing on this. Right now, it's 100% marketing. Only in hindsight can they claim "once and nevermore". Only a damned fool moron businessman (aka a quickly fired manager/CEO) would cross his arms, raise his chin in the air, and say "no, I said once, and I meant it". That's just childish and not how the world works. $$$$$$ turns "once" into "twice" (or more) very quickly.

Because, you know, business. ;) 

16. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    and i find it amusing you think something that isnt really being supported by retail and needed to be crowdfunded will warrant a reissue. also reissuing anything produced via haslab kills any incentive for people to back future haslab projects, its not that i believe their marketing, its that if they reissue it in the future then that is a death for haslab, UNLESS the reissue is also crowdfunded

• Like Like x 6
  17. CannibalChow

News Credits:
    The Sail Barge has every listing gone and they won't be making it again, even though people still want it, but hey maybe 30 more years they'll do a reissue for double the price like that G1 Optimus haha.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Booster Gold

News Credits:
    Yeah it's great we Brits have an option but it's still too rich for my blood, especially seeing as I'd really only be buying it for the alt-mode. I an REALLY tempted though, just need to quiet that irrational voice in the back of my mind with rational explanations of what else I could do with that money.

I do not expect to be able to buy it later...but I aint gonna rule it out. What Hasbro are saying now might be totally genuine..right now..but have every right to change their minds in the future. Say the 50th Anniversary of the movie comes round and Hasbro announce a 'premium' edition with extra paint/accessories/whatever warrants it being different enough to pretend they kept their promise? It could totally happen. Either way I'm not going to be bullied into pledging out of a manufactured sense of FOMO. I do really like this, and I hope for all you guys pledging they you get enough pledges for it to be made, but I wont be pledging because for what they are asking I can buy 5-15 toys (and/or other things) that will bring me more joy overall....but like I said above I'm having a tough time telling myself that ;) 

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. CannibalChow

News Credits:
    Hey if the Zeta is 40 inches and $1000 you might have another option haha.

20. Booster Gold

News Credits:
    I'm gonna keep an eye on Zeta and see how that pans out. I'm limiting my comments on it to the 3P forum though ;) 

• Like Like x 2