Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. dragologer

dragologer "Such heroic nonsense"

Reached out to Hasbro about my partially cracked Unicron Faceplate, had a very pleasant interaction and literally within 3 days at NO cost...I had and new copy of the ENTIRE head in my hands. WOW. really good Service this time around. Dont know why it cant always be like that.

• Like Like x 8
  2. George982

George982 Well-Known Member

So you mean the temptingtoys tirade had no merit??? Didn’t he say Hasbro had no replacements or replacement parts??? Didn’t he say they would only offer him a full refund for the crowd fund???

Not that it matters to temptingtoys, but, thank you!!!! Because it does matter to the rest of us that aren’t bitter trolls that enjoy our Unicrons without being bitter @ssholes when we didn’t purchase 3 of them to sell and for “friends”.

Funny, how temptingtoys just spewed his BS and rolled and never came back. Definition of troll POS!!!!

• Like Like x 5
  3. dragologer

dragologer "Such heroic nonsense"

Oh I'm pretty sure that post never held any credence to begin with. Which I why I pretty much brushed it off.
    No. I was not offered any form of refund. that would be ridiculous. Yes. I was offered and SENT a replacement part as several other have also stated.
    Multiple people were missing the head component right out of the box and got a new part sent to them. I assumed they would of course do the same for me.
    whether or not they have other components in stock like wings or fingers, (just potential examples. not actual QC issues I've heard of) remains to be seen.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Johnny1378

Johnny1378 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that you had a positive experience with Hasbro. For what it’s worth, I did run into an issue with Hasbro’s customer service, where they told me that they didn’t have any available replacement parts for my Unicron.

I think you may be right that it depends on the part. The head, for example, seems like it would be an easier piece to replace because it is a separate piece. I had contacted them because my Unicron had a few broken, spikes on its shoulder when it arrived, right out of the box.

When I contacted Hasbro customer service, I asked them if there was any way that they could send me a replacement shoulder piece, for the side with the broken spikes.

I received a message back, saying that unfortunately they didn’t have any extra pieces to be able to send me, but that they were going to send me some free Transformers in the mail. In probably about a week’s time, they sent me a Studio Series Megatron and a Studio Series 86 Blurr.

At that point I considered the issue settled. I wasn’t completely happy about it, but I realized that the shoulder piece on Unicron is probably a difficult piece to replace, whereas a piece like the head, for instance, is made to be taken on and off. And while the Transformers figures that they sent me weren’t ones that I was really looking for, I gave them credit for making some effort with the gesture.

• Like Like x 9
  5. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    anyone thinks haslab unicron will get a reissue?

6. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    no

• Like Like x 8
  7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The information rollout on the HasLab page was pretty explicit about the production run being "one-and-done". There was some language there that gave them a tiny bit of wiggle room, but in all likelihood just gives them an avenue to "release" Unicron as a sweepstakes prize or something in the future, should they feel so inclined.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Can Unicron become Twonicron? Stay tuned.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

I'll just hold out hope that we get an Armada Unicron reissue in the coming years so I can get an affordable Unicron figure.

10. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    thats good to hear, now I can put mine up on ebay for $5000!!!

11. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    You are not incorrect. It was absolutely impossible to be a scalper on this toy if you were one of those who made a pre-order during the HasLab period.

That has never stopped people from making the accusation, despite repeated attempts to explain how scalping in this instance was impossible.

• Like Like x 4
  12. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Thing is, no matter the intentions of those who bought Unicrons intending to sell them (at any price), they did not create any artificial scarcity. By making the extra order, they in fact lessened the scarcity of this item, by having caused more units to be created.

No artificial scarcity = no scalping. If they hadn't ordered the extra, that extra now being sold $10K wouldn't even exist.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    If anything, they depreciated the general value of each unit marginally as more were produced to order.

• Like Like x 3
  14. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    That being said, I have a sealed one that I will sell for the TFSource price if anyone is interested. Shoot me a PM if you are.

15. Onilink

Onilink Well-Known Member

The War For Cybertron Unicron will not have a reissue.
    They could made a G1 Toon remold for the Masterpiece line in 5/10 years, but this is speculations.

16. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

If that actually happened, I would be super happy and super angry at the same time. My brain might explode. :) 

• Like Like x 4
  17. Jesse guerra

Jesse guerra Godjinrai

News Credits:
    Hey I designed and made these yesterday
    Prime ,springer,hot rod and devastator.
    I am currently printing a megs. They're not b prefect but they work for me, oh and size comparison with core class prime 20210825_195514.jpg 20210825_195600.jpg 20210825_193515.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  18. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

Here is what I used off of the reprolabels set. I’m pretty pleased with it.

surprised there wasn’t something for bot mode. They could go to town. Personally I like the planet mode less detailed

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  19. msol

msol Well-Known Member

$20 says they’ll release one for bot mode in the next few months.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Onilink

Onilink Well-Known Member

Insert "death by snu snu faces"

• Like Like x 1