Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Highly unlikely that this is ever happening again, and not for any of those reasons, but for simple logistics. They're never again going to sell as many as they did on this initial all-out campaign. Then factor in ALL of the logistics, it's not just the tooling that's already done. It's setting up the sales, setting up the production lines with those tools, training a new set of people for said assembly, setting up the printing for the production, and then setting up the shipping and storage for such a bulky item - most of which have substantial fixed costs that are only defrayed by volume, which would be substantially less for a new run.
    Sorry, I just don't see it.

• Like Like x 6
  2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I think it's reasonable to expect at some point there MAY be a re-run with a new paint scheme, but chances are it might not be in our collector lifespans. It's not too uncommon for some companies to do one off molds for things they probably won't run again. Hot Wheels exclusives fall into this boat. You'll never see some Red Line exclusive molds again if you miss the boat. Not to mention some of their SDCC exclusives.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Banned

I have a healthy dose of cynicism; possibly unhealthy. It all depends on what their definition of “limited-edition collectibles” is currently and what it could mean in the future. Slapping a sticker “II” on the box after the words “WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY” could be all that is required to meet the definition.

4. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Banned

All good points and all just conjecture, but an interesting conversation to be debated

5. msol

msol Well-Known Member

If not in our lifespans, than who? The 1986 movie is not some enduring pop culture icon like Star Wars. In 20 years most of the market for Unicrons will be people in their 50s and 60s -- people who probably already have a Unicron if they really want one.

A charity one-off? Maybe? I guess? Any re-issue of more than 10 units and I'll eat my hat.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Banned

To be fair he/she typed “collector lifespans” which might mean something different than what you are interpreting.

7. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    He/Him. <3

And yeah. Collector lifespan. Basically what I mean is that I doubt we'll get another within the time we have in the fandom. I doubt I'll be a collector for life. At some point, due to contentment, goals, costs or whatever, I can see an exit point. I'm sure everyone is like that. Perhaps when our kids are in their 30s-40s and G1 is still kicking we might see this Unicron again

8. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Banned

He/she is grammatically correct. Him/her isn’t given the sentence structure. Also I was too lazy to look up to see if your sex was listed in your avatar description.

9. msol

msol Well-Known Member

That's a big gamble, the idea that Unicron will became something will care about in the future given that no media really has used this character design in decades. But hey, I guess you never know. I wouldn't expect it, though.

10. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    The phrase used was the right way to state your personal pronouns.

This person identifies in a way whereby you would refer to 'him' as 'he'. As opposed to she/her and they/them.

He wasn't correcting your use of the unknown he/she. Although these days it's he/she/they.

11. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Banned

I believe we both took it’s post too seriously. IE what appeared to be testicles. Mine was intended to be sarcasm. Yours was intended to be educational.

• Like Like x 1
  12. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I actually legit don't care about pronouns. For the record I'm a guy but I also dress as a gal too. I've been called a guy, a guy in drag, a cute girl, and uh, things I won't repeat here, LOL!

I don't think it really matters much as I personally don't think Hasbro will even re-release it anyways. I mean there's still zero indication that the sail barge will get a second release. It's likely the barge itself is one and done, despite the hype around it and people wanting it after seeing it in hand.

If any of the Hasblab stuff gets re-releases it's going to be years, and after many of us are out of the hobby before that happens. If you missed it, sucks but the only alternative is aftermarket or someone wanting to offload it fast at cost.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

But....... what if they did a remold for cybertron/ primus? They could offer it as another Haslab for a bit less than unicron (lesser design costs/ smaller box, possible reuse of some molds). I’m not sure if I would bite, but it would be tempting .

• Like Like x 2
  14. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    If Primus is on the cards then it will be its own unique mold.

Haslab is supposed to be for super fan, providing once in a lifetime items for the most devoted. Mere retools don't really fit the spirit of what Haslab is going for.

• Like Like x 1
  15. msol

msol Well-Known Member

How many super fans would even care to own a transforming Cybertron? Like... 100? 1000?

I just don’t see there being demand.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

If they make it 350 or less and I can do this

upload_2021-5-31_16-13-39.jpeg

then I’m in

• Like Like x 1
  17. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

That's kinda what people said about Unicron, yet here we are.

• Like Like x 2
  18. msol

msol Well-Known Member

Uh, what? People have been asking for a Unicron toy for decades. A Cybertron that transforms into Primus wasn’t even a thing until the UT.

• Like Like x 4
  19. msol

msol Well-Known Member

So you want it to be bigger than Unicron, be able to transform, and be less than $350.

I see.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

People were saying "there's no way 8,000 people are going to be willing to pay that much for a Unicron."

That's what "kinda what people were saying" means, it's in the same vain but not exactly. Plus, LOTS of people have been expressing interest in a new transforming Cybertron after Unicron.