Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scubamatics25

Scubamatics25 Well-Known Member

Now I’m even more excited to get this guy in hand

2. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    He looks great on a coffee table or desk and fills the space well. It's good the wings rotate and can shift a bit for poses.

Overall after handling him awhile other than being very big I don't think he is really that exceptional for the price. He doesn't really do much that other Titans don't already do other than the stand, and other than the wings he doesn't really feel appreciably larger if you are used to them by now. The hands were a definite upgrade and add a lot so I'm glad they are there, though not being totally silver for $600 seems like another penny pinching move at our expense.

He's not a bad figure, very solid, overall painted and finished well, I just don't feel he was a true value for the price. Maybe the next Haslab offering for TF they will pull no punches.

3. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Banned

I find Haslab’s statement to be highly dubious. They aren’t going to destroy the molds. At some point the overall cost of producing it will be low enough, nostalgia high enough, and technology advanced enough that it would be way too lucrative to pass up on the opportunity to reissue it again prior to releasing a “movie accurate” version. After all money is God and King.

4. angwk

angwk Well-Known Member

Probably yes. Lets wait for another 20 years.

At the meantime, Hasbro has tons of other toy lines that can sell faster and in larger quantities that make up most of their total profits.

One more thing, most businesses make way more money if they can keep their reputation. Reissuing a limited edition item is an instant death sentence to reputation.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  5. Scubamatics25

Well that’s what I think too but what they might do is do like a reissue but probably for like another anniversary and do a limited run of the figure or either scale or down and release that to the general public but maintain the value of the Haslab unicron, but also too this is a crowd funded figure and most of the time crowd fundend things never get a rerelease depending on what it is I guess we’ll just have to see

6. Scubamatics25

I do agree with that but I had missed out on the Crowd funding campaign when they had it up, at the time I was buying a house so that took priority and at the time I just fine with Platinum edition Unicron that I had till fast forward 2-3 years later till Haslab Unicron released and after seeing the reviews and pictures from people posting photos of the figure I honestly regretted passing on him, unfortunately I paid a bit more for him then what I would have like but for the most part I'm just looking forward to it, and honestly I can't wait to see if they do more crowd funding figures. A Primus would be cool to see honestly though one thing I think would be awesome is if they do the 13 Primes I just would love to have them in Figure form, excluding the Prime Masters from Prime Wars Trilogy but just them in figure form would be awesome and for me worth picking up

7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    They've said on several occasions that this figure is a one and done. There are no plans for any sort of reissue, in fact there are plans for no reissues at all.

• Like Like x 4
  8. angwk

angwk Well-Known Member

This clarifies further.

1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm curious, and even though I know I'm not getting a definite answer, has everybody who ordered through Pulse gotten their Unicrons?

10. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Highly unlikely that this is ever happening again, and not for any of those reasons, but for simple logistics. They're never again going to sell as many as they did on this initial all-out campaign. Then factor in ALL of the logistics, it's not just the tooling that's already done. It's setting up the sales, setting up the production lines with those tools, training a new set of people for said assembly, setting up the printing for the production, and then setting up the shipping and storage for such a bulky item - most of which have substantial fixed costs that are only defrayed by volume, which would be substantially less for a new run.
    Sorry, I just don't see it.

• Like Like x 6
  11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think it's reasonable to expect at some point there MAY be a re-run with a new paint scheme, but chances are it might not be in our collector lifespans. It's not too uncommon for some companies to do one off molds for things they probably won't run again. Hot Wheels exclusives fall into this boat. You'll never see some Red Line exclusive molds again if you miss the boat. Not to mention some of their SDCC exclusives.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Banned

I have a healthy dose of cynicism; possibly unhealthy. It all depends on what their definition of “limited-edition collectibles” is currently and what it could mean in the future. Slapping a sticker “II” on the box after the words “WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY” could be all that is required to meet the definition.

13. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Banned

All good points and all just conjecture, but an interesting conversation to be debated

14. msol

msol Well-Known Member

If not in our lifespans, than who? The 1986 movie is not some enduring pop culture icon like Star Wars. In 20 years most of the market for Unicrons will be people in their 50s and 60s -- people who probably already have a Unicron if they really want one.

A charity one-off? Maybe? I guess? Any re-issue of more than 10 units and I'll eat my hat.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Banned

To be fair he/she typed “collector lifespans” which might mean something different than what you are interpreting.

16. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    He/Him. <3

And yeah. Collector lifespan. Basically what I mean is that I doubt we'll get another within the time we have in the fandom. I doubt I'll be a collector for life. At some point, due to contentment, goals, costs or whatever, I can see an exit point. I'm sure everyone is like that. Perhaps when our kids are in their 30s-40s and G1 is still kicking we might see this Unicron again

17. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Banned

He/she is grammatically correct. Him/her isn’t given the sentence structure. Also I was too lazy to look up to see if your sex was listed in your avatar description.

18. msol

msol Well-Known Member

That's a big gamble, the idea that Unicron will became something will care about in the future given that no media really has used this character design in decades. But hey, I guess you never know. I wouldn't expect it, though.

19. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The phrase used was the right way to state your personal pronouns.

This person identifies in a way whereby you would refer to 'him' as 'he'. As opposed to she/her and they/them.

He wasn't correcting your use of the unknown he/she. Although these days it's he/she/they.

20. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Banned

I believe we both took it’s post too seriously. IE what appeared to be testicles. Mine was intended to be sarcasm. Yours was intended to be educational.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.