Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

If you won't complain about the quality of my print, DM me. I'll print you out one for the cost of the filament and shipping. You've already seen my photos from that website. :p 

• Like Like x 4
  2. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

Question:  Does anyones Unicron have 2 \"right\" mandibles?

• Like Like x 1
  3. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    You want to ask this person...

• Like Like x 6
  4. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

DavidLeeCongo, Are the "right" mandibles a mistake?

• Like Like x 1
  5. songrobin

songrobin Pastor

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Got time to work on Unicron this week-- installing LED abs. Many thanks to Ben @ Collector Crafts for building me some resin abs for Unicron. Still a lot of work left on him, but I wanted to just install a single red LED into the abs to get a quick idea of what he'd look like.

ALSO, I bought a 2nd set of Studio Cell wings (on top of the 1st one I already had) and I was able to piece them all together to get the perfect length. I took a heat gun to straighten them out also. Feel free to let me know what you think!

20210521_212153 (Large).jpg 20210521_212310 (Large).jpg 20210517_231709 (Large).jpg Thing1.jpg
    20210521_212125 (Large).jpg

• Like Like x 14
  6. Obnimaz

Obnimaz Well-Known Member

some of his parts, like his mandibles and arms are the same right side and left side, there is a bag of screw hole covers so you can fill all the holes and have nice clean symmetry on both arms/mandibles.

• Like Like x 2
  7. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    No residue?? Maybe they changed the formula for that stuff, but the reason I absolutely never let it touch any of my toys was seeing first hand how it would destroy anything you use it on over time. Use it to hang a picture and the oils will eventually eat right through the paper and leave a permanent grease mark on the wall. For something as sacred as Unicron, I certainly wouldn't use it.

So now that most people have it....I just gotta ask......

Anyone get buyer's remorse?

I'm looking at all the pics, and it's pretty cool, I have to admit. I'm extremely turned off by the blue maw though.

But it's been weird; I've enjoyed seeing everyone's pics and videos, and especially seeing people really thrilled and happy with their purchase, but at no point have I regretted not buying it. I have reverse buyer's remorse. I'm actually relieved that now that it's out I'm not getting horrible pangs of regret over skipping it.

I guess I'll never know. Maybe I would have been thrilled with it in hand, or maybe it would have ended up in a closet like that stupid Fortress Maximus reissue I bought 7 years ago.

I really am curious if anyone has been brave enough to admit that they opened it up, messed around with it, and then thought "Ah shit....what have I done?"

8. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

Nope. Got it. Love it. It’s not perfect, but it is an absolutely ridiculous part of transformers history that I would totally have regretted missing. It is what I’ve wanted since 1987

• Like Like x 7
  9. angwk

angwk Well-Known Member

I regret for not getting two units. If I have two, I could display planet and robot mode side by side. It would be epic!

unicron.jpg

Last edited: May 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Scott_XIII

Scott_XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was going to skip it entirely, quite content with this guy and thought he's a bit big so might have a space issue. Screenshot_20200703-103820~2.png
    ... but did start to wonder if my Generations (CHUG) collection might have a planet sized hole in it once I saw the in hand pics. I didn't preorder, I made my choice but then a friend of mine had 5 and offered me one of his at cost price. I didn't take much convincing.
    No regrets here and thankful for the great friends I've made in the TF community.
    Screenshot_20210517-220855.png
    ... My first thought was right, he's too big to fit on my shelves but does squeeze under one with a bit of a squat.
    Screenshot_20210517-220911.png

Last edited: May 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Obnimaz

Obnimaz Well-Known Member

Has anyone made him a planet-throne yet? Should be pretty doable with craft store stuff

12. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  13. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Banned

There’s a new listing. Shhhhhh. Don’t tell any one. Maybe it will sell for cheap.

Attached Files:

14. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

@HolyCulture sold his immediately. So yes regrets have happened for sure. I almost sold mine over the maw colour but overall it's really awesome and I'm glad I have it. But I am still trying to decide on whether or not to fix the maw and how to do it. It will be a pain to fix it.

15. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    As recommended by others here I transformed him this morning just to make sure there were no issues. The only issue is that I'm out of shape, this guy made me break a sweat :eek: 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  16. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just to clarify it wasn’t a regret. I luckily have the money to support a company I love. For that reason alone. I was pretty sure I was going to hate this toy with the silver paint and all the greebles, and the massive massive calves. If I HAD TO keep it: fine. Luckily some local dude wanted to pay 3x what I paid without me even listing it. I just posted pics on Twitter and I was contacted out of the blue. Lucky me. Fuck Haslab Unicron :p 

I’m still happy I participated in the event though. :)  and I think they did a great job on this toy! Sincerely. But in my personal collection it’s not worth 50 bucks. With just some minor changes I’d pay a grand for an official Toon Unicron of that size. The rings would need to be revamped and the shell of the planet would need to be hidden better. Anyways. Glad the general sentiment is positive is this figure.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Sorry I dragged you into this thread.

• Like Like x 3
  18. geekatron prime

geekatron prime Master of the Kerfuffle

I'm happy I have him. No remorse at all. I look at him in passing and I'm still amazed that they did it. The kibble doesn't bother me at all, just adds to his immense-ness.
    Thinking of surrounding Unicron with all my different versions of the Armada ones as his minions.

• Like Like x 4
  19. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They posted the same in Cell thread, where there's currently a slanging match ongoing. Apparently someone likes to watch the world burn...

• Like Like x 4
  20. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic When a spark goes online, there is great joy...

I'll support your holy war no matter which way you end up going ;) 

• Like Like x 2