Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. SoundscreamUK

SoundscreamUK Member

ok so silly question, i have added the rings for planet mode, now trying to convert to robot for the first time - struggling to separate the two ring pieces, feels like im using enough force to snap them, is there a knack to this? thanks

2. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No real trick. Work slow. Use a plastic tool for leverage. Do not use a metal tool. Advise getting some plastic spudgers to get leverage without damaging your collectables
    https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Sp...51614&keywords=spudgers&qid=1620225259&sr=8-4

• Like Like x 1
  3. SoundscreamUK

SoundscreamUK Member

cheers managed to do it

4. Scott_XIII

Scott_XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just used a butter knife, no problem.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dragologer

dragologer "Such heroic nonsense"

I actually always use a LEGO Brick separator for that step. since I have about 200 of them. Lol!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Careful there, Hicks. I've found that the mere suggestion that someone try contacting BBTS w/BBTS-related CS questions, as common sense as that seems, is offensive to some.

And no, this is not directed at Exodus.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Admittedly, I thought that was going somewhere else. One time, I contacted BBTS about a running change to the GI Joe Rise of Cobra HiSS color from brown to black in the case assortments as I wanted to make certain the cases I was ordering were from newer shipments. I already had plenty of the browns and the preorders they posted should have been for the new black ones. As was the case with my EntertainmentEarth order.

They started breaking open sealed factory cases, removing the new, more desired black HiSS and inserting the unsold brown ones as "case fresh" sets with the other vehicle from the assortment.

They sold the black HiSS solo at a higher price.

When I contacted them about the cases I got in being open and containing old product they explained that they never guaranteed sealed cases and changed the wording of the listing from "case" to "wave one assortment".

• Like Like x 4
  8. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember those HISS Tanks. Not usually a fan of redesigns/updates, but they were nice (glass canopies on a tank are pretty dumb).

But man, that sounds pretty shady. Was it EE or BBTS that did that?

Normally, BBTS is on the up-and-up, and I can't say enough good things about their service. In fact, the "contact BBTS" route should be second nature. Any time I've had an issue or question, it's always been solved by just going straight to them.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  9. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Oh, that was all BBTS. I spent a few conversations on the phone with them over that whole situation. I had always received factory sealed cases from them before and to get five opened cases with HiSSes stuff back into them was a bit annoying. The best they would offer was a refund for the cases which wouldn't work as I wanted the other vehicle that was in there... I believe it was new to the line with that case.

Whatever the details were it was like, wave one Brown HiSS and VAMP and Wave two, Black HiSS and Fury or whatever. But, at the time, no one knew the HiSS was changing colors. I got my sealed case in from EE.com first and found the change. Then contacted BBTS, then got the Fury or whatever and brown HiSS tanks with that shipment.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DaptoDog

DaptoDog Well-Known Member

Many thanks. I'm in Australia, the red cabinet was a discontinued item I bought about 5 years ago from a discount furniture store. They had a few more and to this day I kick myself that I didn't buy at least a couple more...when I tried to grab more they had already sold them.

11. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is seriously like the 8th time I've seen "this awesome case exists, but by the way you have to live in Australia!". When it comes to cases (and desks) you guys got the best picks.

-_-

United States can put a man on the Moon, but the best we can do for cases is the goddamn Detolf, and that's actually Swedish!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A couple of points in response:
    1) I have nothing personally against helping the buyer out, but my initial preference was to let them handle it themselves. Them having access to the figure to take photo's and explain the problem in more detail, etc, plus replacement parts getting shipped directly to them. I don't have the figure anymore and haven't looked at it closely so it's harder for me to explain the problem.
    2) This isn't in America. Both myself and the buyer are in Australia. That means reaching out to Customer Support in another country, in a different time zone, and managing communications with those inherent delays. Not practical for me to spend time and money making international phone calls for this person, so it's all delayed communications, and the buyer is left waiting on my word as to what's happening
    3) purchase was through EB Games, which is a local Australian retailer. While they are an authorised retailer for Hasbro, the whole Crowd Fund thing, in a different country, makes it a very grey area. EB Games certainly can't offer a replacement part. The most they could do, if they were even willing, would be to offer a refund, and given the figure is now in another state, the logistics of that become very complicated. Shipping the figure to the buyer has already cost $90.
    4) Hasbro is a POS company that has no interest in helping or supporting their international customers - this is a known fact to those of us outside of the US who have had to deal with them. Knowing this, and not wanting to waste too much of my own time, it's better for the buyer to deal with Hasbro directly, and read their response themselves, rather than have to take my word for it.

Having gotten that out of the way, the buyer did contact Hasbro Pulse support, and being the a-holes that Hasbro are, got this in response:
    "Thank you for your email.
    We suggest you contact the store for a replacement or refund, as your contract of sale is between yourself and the retailer.
    Please accept our most sincere apologies for any disappointment and inconvenience caused. May we thank you for contacting Hasbro and if we can be of any further assistance, either now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
    Warmest Regards,
    Veronica
    Senior Representative - Hasbro Global Consumer Care"

As the manufacturer, and knowing the complexities of a Crowd Fund, I would have hoped for better from Hasbro. Hoped for better but not at all surprised by that response.

The buyer has come back asking for a partial refund. At that point, unless they're willing to settle for a small token amount, I'm going to end up losing money on this sale.

I have now reached out myself to Hasbro Pulse Customer Support, the local Hasbro Australia Customer Support and the Customer Support at EB Games. I fully expect to be given the runaround or outright "nah too bad" from all of these, at which point I have the choice to give the buyer some of their money back (making this whole deal a losing proposition for me) or I tell the buyer to return the item and I will refund their purchase price - which means best case scenario, one or both of us is out the $180 worth of two-way shipping.

This whole shtick is precisely why I put the disclaimer on the listing, I knew that if it was damaged or misassembled by Hasbro I would have ZERO avenues for remediation, and the whole thing was going to be a mess.
    The buyer bought this, knowing that disclaimer was there, and knowing exactly what was being offered. It sucks, I sympathise and have been in that position myself, but if they didn't plan to abide by the terms of sale they really shouldn't have bought it in the first place.

Just makes me hate Hasbro all the more.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Obnimaz

Obnimaz Well-Known Member

Has anyone contacted BBTS about Unicron? They've relisted him at least twice since they said he would ship in March, what info are they getting to let them know they will have more to sell but don't have any to ship to customers that already ordered? are they absorbing cancellation fees due to impatient customers then relisted the fig itself at markup?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Evacuation Prime

Evacuation Prime Leader of the Toilet Troop

I got mine displayed on top of my toy shelf but an inch of all 4 ends of the stand are poking out hanging in mid-air. Been stable so far but should I be concerned? Or is taking out the back leg for a 3-legged stand a better option for stability?

15. rdarkstream

rdarkstream Minicon lover

Ebay:
    Has anyone gotten anything from bbts?
    I'm still waiting

16. Robots78

Robots78 Robotanist

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I wouldn't worry about just an inch of each foot being unsupported; you'll be fine. And yep the back leg can easily be removed with one screw. It's basically not supporting any weight and is unnecessary, plenty of people including myself have displayed him with the back leg removed with no issues.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Jesse guerra

Jesse guerra Godjinrai

News Credits:
    That's true I took it off too

• Like Like x 3
  18. DarkProwler

DarkProwler Well-Known Member

Nothing here. And every response I've seen so far has basically been, "We'll get it when we get it, then we'll let you know."

• Like Like x 1
  19. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom I'm Sarah in The Allspark.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Better than no answer

• Like Like x 3
  20. rdarkstream

rdarkstream Minicon lover

Ebay:
    That is no answer.