Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 2
  3. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    congrats to y'all finally getting shipping invoices.

...imma just be over here, waiting for another 2 fucking years for bbts to get theirs and ship me mine.

• Like Like x 7
  4. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic Well-Known Member

One day... things are gunna get easier. One day
    ... things will get briiiighter

• Like Like x 4
  5. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp O_o Master of the ID 10 T error o_O

So 51% good?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    I would speculate that BBTS' orders were also filled.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I can give my sigh of relief!

Unicron001.jpg

Seriously, though--I knew from reports and pictures the box was going to be big. But holy shit! (not taller than the door; just the perspective)

Unboxing party with some friends this Saturday (I've waited this long, I can wait a bit longer), then the eventual disassembly of the maw to paint. Then...fully enjoy!

• Like Like x 12
  8. WyldeBill

WyldeBill Yeeee Hawww!

Ebay:
    Mine shipped from Hasbro Pulse. Hope they sent both.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I funded a Unicron through my local EB Games shop, finalised the purchase and collected the figure approx two weeks ago. After checking posts and reviews, I decided I no longer wanted the figure. Put it up on eBay and sold it quickly for a pretty reasonable price (reasonable for me and for the buyer). Knowing Hasbro and their reputation, I stated in the listing:
    "This is a Crowdfunded, limited edition product and is sold Mint in Sealed Box. I am unable to offer warranty support or exchange if there are any manufacturers issues with the item. The figure does not include the digital comic bundle because that was a timed exclusive, however, all other accessories are included."
    I received the below message from the buyer this morning:
    "Hi I got my item today and I was very pleased with how quickly it arrived and to see how well it was protected. Unfortunately upon transforming it I found an issue, the locking piece used on the left leg is the wrong one, it is the piece from the right leg (I have 2 right leg parts), this means that the left leg will not lock properly. I have included a photo of my copy as well as a comparison to the photo in the instructions and a comparison to another person's unicron in the 2nd and 3rd photo. it it most obvious that its the wrong piece when you look at the curved part of the piece, which on my copy is facing towards the ground when on the other 2 correct images it is facing towards the top"
    Not having the figure, or even having opened the box to look at it, I can't say with any certainty if this is a mistake in transformation or an issue with the figure.
    Is this a known or common issue? Is there an easy fix for it? Is it a piece that's upside down, or the wrong piece (two rights instead of a left and right)?
    I'm hoping that the buyer, eBay and Paypal won't be difficult about it because the listing clearly stated the item was sold "as-is", but I would like to at least try to do the right thing by the buyer, if this is something that they can fix themselves. Alternatively; if it's a case of "Hasbro sent me two right pieces" I will direct them here and to the local OzFormers board and they might find someone who got two left pieces and can do a swap.

Has anyone else seen this, or (fingers crossed) is this just the buyer mis-transforming?
    s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600.jpg

10. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I think it's less that particular issue being common, and more of a "wrong part for this side" issue that has come up once in a while. Haven't read every post here, but I haven't seen that specific wrong part before. Hopefully it's something Hasbro can send out, knock out some pins, reassemble, and all better.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So it looks like those of us in the last group are getting ours. Mine shipped yesterday and arrived today. Based on this, I fully expect to get my Sentinels a year after those in Canada, the UK, and the Asia countries. And to think I'd actually splurged on an extra $50 for express shipping to get these quicker. At least Hasbro refunded that.

12. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Cheers, I assumed it was something like that. Hasbro Pulse does list a Customer Service contact info on the site so I'll send that to the buyer and advise them to contact Hasbro directly.

Really hoping Hasbro actually provide some kind of after-sales support for this. AFAIK, the retailer I purchased through here in Australia is a direct, authorised Hasbro retailer so there shouldn't be any issue switch that, but I'm reasonably certain they'd just say to go direct to Hasbro and wouldn't be able to provide any support themselves.
    I know Hasbro customer support is essentially non-existent for their standard retail products and even expensive things like MasterPiece, but I'm hoping that a crowd-funded exclusive like this gets a little more attention from them.

I just knew something like this would happen though. Hundreds of official and 3P transformers in my collection, and no more than a handful of issues with any of them, but the one BIG purchase, that I sell on to someone else, gets stuffed up by Hasbro.
    Sigh.

• Like Like x 1
  13. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

hasbro should warranty the item. especially if this came from game stop or whatever.

there was a mober here who had to lefts on his bot. maybe you guys could work something out if haslab drops the ball.

14. DarkProwler

DarkProwler Well-Known Member

Hopefully it's soon, or at least they send out an email or something.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Thanks for this info.
    I've replied to the buyer with the details of Hasbro's Customer Service contacts and advised for them to reach out to Hasbro. Also suggested if they get stuck to hop on here or on OzFormers board and ask if any other members got two lefts and try to arrange a swap.
    I reiterated that the product was sold "as-is", pointed to the disclaimer in the original listing stating that no warranty or support could be offered for manufacturers faults and that by buying the item, they agreed to that disclaimer. I'm doing what I can to support them but, considering that after postage, ebay fee's and stuff I'm barely doing much more than breaking even on the sale, I'm not going to do all the running around for them.
    If you buy a Mint-In-Sealed Box item, especially a limited edition or crowd-funded item, and one that has an explicit disclaimer in the listing, then you accept the risk that it may have an issue.

Hopefully, it doesn't become a problem with the buyer or Paypal/eBay.

• Like Like x 2
  16. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't disagree with what you're saying, but eBay/PayPal will almost certainly side with the buyer in this, if they push it.

• Like Like x 4
  17. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

i see what you are saying about the whole sold "as is" and stuff.

but i dont quite see what your reservation towards helping really is. if maybe making a 3 minute call to customer service on his behalf helps. i would definitely think about it.

as the actual purchaser from an authorized vender it will be much easier to get a service part for you/him. but if he blindly calls trying to explain the situation in hopes of getting some help. he might just hit a bunch of roadblocks only to be told no he is SOL in the end because he wasnt the original buyer.

it literally takes just about 3 mins and the customer service people send you an email asking for pics and then the replacement part process starts.

i would much rather deal with something as stupid as that.

instead of having paypal reverse the funds in the middle of the night and side with the buyer and send them a return label.

which they could easily do. because of the whole buyer protection BS that comes with G&S and fleabay.

for me personally i would take the easiest way out.

but you do what you think is best and hope the buyer doesnt push the issue.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  18. galvatran

galvatran Well-Known Member

Lets hope those in the last group don't get the returns, rejects, damaged stock...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    I believe mine are being delivered by courier ostrich.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Since I'm not opening until Saturday, figured I'd have some fun with my Unicron anyway:

Unicron002.jpg

I mean look, there are tons and tons of Unicron pics in this thread. But no where near as many Box pics. The thread needed more box pics.

:D 

• Like Like x 21