Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    I'll second that re: the shell design. FANTASTIC design. It can be a little fiddly but once you know how to work with them they're one of the easiest parts of the transformation.

I'm loving my Unicron.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I completely agree, and I felt the same way when I initially transformed mine.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Tony Bourne

Tony Bourne Well-Known Member

Is y
    I can't wait till Saturday. I'm glad mine sitting at a buddy's place for now. This way I'm not staring at it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unicron shipping confirmation from Kapow!

Shipping today, 48hr service. My weekend is sorted :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  5. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a fool proof method of getting the hands to slide into the arms without damaging the yellow paint on the knuckles? I noticed a few people in this thread have paint chipping on the knuckles and the only flaw on my copy is a pretty small chip on one of the knuckles. I believe it’s being caused by the knuckles being way too close to the arm cavity when you transform the arms.

No matter what I do with the fingers I can’t get the knuckles any further away from the cavity wall and I’m concerned about losing knuckle paint with each transformation. I noticed in Emgo’s transformation video he mangles the fingers when transforming as well. I’m thinking that when they added articulation to the hands it may have messed up the clearances.

6. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

I've called Unicron the best shell-former I've ever handled. I don't know if it's intentional or due to the large size, but I've found that the tolerancing on Unicron to be superior to the vast majority of retail CHUG figures. To me the main reason I disliked most shell-formers is because the shell is usually difficult to assemble into its intended shape, and a lot of times gaps in the shell are difficult/impossible to close completely. I've found it pretty easy to do with Unicron and the resulting planet is perfectly round without any gaps that can't be closed. I've heard some complaints about Unicron's shell, but I've found it pretty easy to work with. It just takes a little bit of patience and massaging to get it assembled. I've already transformed it at least 5 times so far and will probably be doing it many more times as I love both modes and will want to see it taking turns displayed in both modes.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    That scuffed paint is from punching Cybertron.
    --
    So it's Asia, a large number of the HasLab backers and Chosen Prime. More HasLab backers and TFSource. Kapow... Canadian HasLab backers. More US backers BBTS and then maybe, just maybe, me.

Well, the list is getting shorter at least.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Got my second Unicron this morning; whew! :) 

Sure enough, I just got an email a few minutes ago from Hasbro Pulse indicating that my shipment is on the way lol...

• Like Like x 3
  9. Dex

Dex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is y what? (I'm assuming there's supposed to be more to that message, ha!)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  10. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Still waiting for mine...no info on it yet.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I emailed Hasbro Pulse support about the shipping emails happening after delivery. It seems to be happening a lot. Good old "Mike" replied and seemed surprised by this. I just wanted to make sure they are aware so they can fix the glitch.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    It probably has to do with them generating the FedEx labels before the product is even processed fully to ship. No doubt they bulk print labels, then start slapping them on packages and handing them over to FedEx. They probably don't send out the notice of shipment until the item has actually left their warehouse.

A lot like when you get a notice from eBay of a similar manner but the tracking number shows "awaiting arrival to shipping facility" or however it reads.

Speaking of notices, I saw a new one on my phone's calendar for April 24 and got almost excited until I saw it was from eBay... for a package I received a year ago. Then I noticed a few more like it. I guess those guys shipping out of Asia were really hedging their bets with the way things were this time last year.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno. I've got about a millimetre of clearance between his hands and his cuffs, so there's no scraping at all in my experience. If you push against the cuff, away from the knuckle guards, you can deflect them slightly to fully ensure that the knuckles don't touch.

• Like Like x 1
  14. NemesisAngel

NemesisAngel Well-Known Member

Now that I have this unopened box in hand...I'm extremely tempted to turn around and sell it for $1600 :lolol 

• Like Like x 2
  15. firmpulse

firmpulse milliradian practitioner

Hard not to at least consider it. But you'll be hooked after you open it.

• Like Like x 3
  16. George982

George982 Well-Known Member

As tempting as it may seem, don't do it!!! Yes, anyone who was lucky enough to get one of these will surely be able to offload it and make a profit, but for me at least, this thing is so amazing that I would need to be on the verge of having to claim bankruptcy in order to part ways with it. I've said it before, and I will say it again, this is literally the holy grail of my collection. And that is BTW coming from someone who was very skeptical after purchasing 01 Studio Cell. I also still love that figure, but Haslab's Unicron has literally blown me away. I could easily make my money back plus some, but I would never dream of it. It's just too damn good to part ways with.

• Like Like x 5
  17. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

Well, there are obviously people who do not like this toy even after handling it, and you might be one of them, but I think you should at least find out by opening it and transforming it once. If you don't like it, the amount you'll be able to sell it for won't take that much of a hit, and you can even guarantee that your copy has no defects (assuming it does not defects when you open it). If I was selling a sealed copy of Unicron, I'd be nervous that there are issues with the figure and the buyer comes after me for resolution. Open it, check it out, and if you don't like it, you should still be able get well over $1k for it.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Indents

Indents Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I hope that hasbro makes a repaint in all translucent plastic lol

19. SoundscreamUK

SoundscreamUK Member

So, I now have to report that having forked out for direct shipping from TFSource my Unicron has now been 'lost' by UPS (I actually think stolen) - suffice to say im pretty fed up! And UPS customer service is abysmal

20. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    I am so sorry to hear that. Especially given some of the UK shipping costs that we’ve seen in this thread. What is TFSource doing for you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.