Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    Glad it finally arrived! Plus, it means other Canadians should expect it pretty soon, too. Enjoy guys.

*back to F5 button on emails, awaiting Kapow's announcement that he's shipped, with baited breath*

• Like Like x 3
  2. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    I'm in Toronto, Canada and I got one of the 2 that I ordered. Just dropped on my porch; thankfully, I work from home. No email notice; very weird.

Anybody else who ordered more than one through Hasbro directly get separate deliveries?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Rookbartley

Rookbartley Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yep, I had separate deliveries. One week apart.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Thank you; that relieves my anxiety a bit LOL.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Devastator Zero

Devastator Zero Smirker!

Good to know. However, that is exactly what I'm worried about. I don't want to send mine in, and just get a refund. I'm not nearly as happy with the figure as everyone else seems to be, but I still don't want a refund. Some people got free figures (of varying levels of worth), and I guess some can just return it and hope for the best? I'm amazed at how bad a multi-billion dollar company is at handling this. Bracing myself for the Razorcrest crapfest that seems inevitable.

Strange that the person missing the head actually got it, but they don't have open boxes or spare parts for the rest of us.

• Like Like x 1
  6. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    This is...concerning. Especially for those of us who live in apartment buildings or condos.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Happysmp

Happysmp Well-Known Member

I'm in Toronto and just got mine about 30 minutes ago!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    It’s good to know that Unicron is an essential service. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I never got an email from Hasbro or FedEx. It just showed up randomly. And I’m really glad I’m working from home!

Hasbro really needs to fix their emails. You can’t leave a $900 box sitting on the porch for who knows how long.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Happysmp

Happysmp Well-Known Member

Never got an email either. Didn't have to sign anything, no customs (unless they plan on sending me an invoice later which fedex sometimes does).

fit through the door, now I have to find a place to put it

• Like Like x 2
  11. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp O_o Master of the ID 10 T error o_O

Here’s hoping I do actually live in Canada! *crosses fingers*

• Like Like x 1
  12. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I wouldn't say they are handling it "bad". This is just not a normal retail and does require some exceptions to their normal mass production logistics. Hasbro may have had opened units or parts at one point but it seems that they if they did they have exhausted the supply and are down to full sealed units. If this was just a normal retail item, I would have no hesitation with a return of the full unit. Since it was sorta "made to order" from a business that almost exclusively deals with mass production, it is no surprise that they don't have parts just laying around like a 3rd party or mom and pop operation.

Hasbro Customer Care has been very nice to me during my claim and very forthcoming with information. I do appreciate them flipping the bill for the very expensive shipping cost fr the return. I don't see any of that happening from most retailers or any 3rd party. I've always had to pay at least shipping for parts from the likes of FT, XTB and Toyworld. Sometime having to pay for the parts too. Anyway... just my experience. Yes, I do think that Hasbro should have something in place for these kinds of CS claims on HasLab products but I do understand that they don't.

Anyway, my Unicron situation is livable. I may even be able to figure out how to open up the pelvis and do a repair. I am going to think on the offer for a replacement over the weekend. However, your Unicron seems to have actual structural damage. If I was in the same situation as you seem to be, I would be jumping on the replacement while I could. Even if I wasn't really sure if I liked the figure or not. I could always leave the replacement sealed and hold onto it for a year or two and sell it. Just selling it at cost would be a guaranteed sale. Probably wouldn't last a few minuets.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tony Bourne

Tony Bourne Well-Known Member

I know what you mean dude! Cody and I are waiting for ours and they are being delivered to his apartment too.

• Like Like x 1
  14. msol

msol Well-Known Member

If you log into your Pulse account does it say anything about it being fulfilled?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jesse guerra

Jesse guerra Godjinrai

News Credits:
    That was my issue and I just decided to keep mine they said if they didn't have one they would just issue a full refund

• Like Like x 1
  16. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

It still says “Unfulfilled”.

Here are my two recent additions to the collection. Both happen to be the largest toys I own. I’ve suddenly run into a massive space issue!

it was my birthday recently. Spent my birthday cash on the shuttle and Unicron showed up right after I finished building it.

Edit: I’m OCD so I put the rings on the “correct” way with the spikes pointing counter-clockwise. :) 

Edit 2: as someone was saying earlier in this thread, when you put the rings on this way it’s a little easier to poke the top and bottom shafts into planet. The holes they go into are not symmetrical and you can tell it was meant to go this way.

B1D8C717-F742-4DFC-B80E-9650C932E2B5.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. msol

msol Well-Known Member

You're shitting me. Thankfully I'm work from home too but, uh, this is very dicey. I'm in BC so hopefully they figure this out soon.

• Like Like x 1
  18. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

Most people on Ebay are doing bid only so a lot of competition on that. I put mine up as a buy it now at $1275 plus 100 shipping and it sold in 45 seconds literally. I just wanted it gone so Buy it Now will definitely get it out the door quick. Fees were $136 for Ebay and I forgot what Paypal fee was. I think I made about $1050 on the deal (not counting the intial investment) so I felt good with that.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Gastrotrain

Gastrotrain Well-Known Member

I'm in Toronto Canada and my Unicron just showed up. No emails, no warning whatsoever ever!

Edit: I see now it's happening to a bunch of people

• Like Like x 1
  20. comfytron

comfytron Well-Known Member

With Unicron finally reaching buyers in Canada and the UK…

that means BBTS is officially the LAST place to get Unicron in stock.

kinda shocked honestly. I’m guessing they had a good chunk of orders and the logistics of getting the toys to them are complex. But then again, Hasbro seems to really have it out for them since they’ve been getting so many things late.

anyway hope you all enjoy. I’ll hopefully have mine by December at this rate!

• Like Like x 2