Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

Was screw hole #1 ridiculously short for you too? How did you get it to stay?

• Like Like x 2
  2. McEschatron

McEschatron I foster many toys, but only a few I keep.

Ebay:
    Not at all. The main one I had any issue with was #9 on the front side of the arm not wanting to lay in flush. I guess injection molding is not a perfect process.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Known Member

Would someone who has them be willing to post a scale comparison picture of Unicron with the Fanstoys Omega Supreme? This request is purely out of curiosity.

• Like Like x 1
  4. McEschatron

Ebay:
    I just posted one. FT Omega is slightly shorter at the shoulder, but the track wings make him about 27”. I’ll do a side by side in a minute.

• Like Like x 1
  5. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom I'm Sarah in The Allspark.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Omg! The thing is massive.

• Like Like x 7
  6. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

News Credits:
    This has zero affect on container ships containing Unicrons. They ship from the east coast of Asia and head straight out into the Pacific for either Los Angeles or San Diego.

We have not gotten any kind of confirmation that they all have arrived from Vietnam yet; could be another shipment. If you have not gotten a tracking number yet it could be due to the fact that yours has not hit the Hasbro warehouse yet from Vietnam.

The manager I spoke to was for the greater Washington, DC area and does not know what is happening in CA. He does know what Unicron boxes are doing to the local shipping routes (they take up a large chunk of a regular express truck). Fedex is getting tired of repeated calls asking where they are. Unfortunately they are going to move slow. I am only guessing but they are probably releasing between 2- 3 dozen a day at this point. Fedex is in the midst of a huge surge in shipments. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on my BBTS loot again and I am assuming it will take two weeks from processing to my front door using regular Fedex Home Delivery (Wisconsin to Virginia); may go UPS (a little more expensive) but I will guess it will be quicker by a few days once BBTS actual get it to the dock. I need my Gravestone trailer and accessory pack; love me some Gestalts. Superion is spoiling for a fight.

• Like Like x 2
  7. McEschatron

Ebay:
    D08528C4-1BDD-455F-89E9-2915FFCA85D8.jpeg
    Here you go. Unicron is actually bigger than I expected. D08528C4-1BDD-455F-89E9-2915FFCA85D8.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  8. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

News Credits:
    When I go to put in my fillers I am going to use some blue wonder putty to help stick them down. You can still remove the covers if you need to if a screw needs to removed or tightened but the putty provides just enough stickiness that they will not fall out. Plus it removes cleanly with no residue. If i need to trim a little plastic to get them flush the putty will provide additional surface area to stick to.

• Like Like x 3
  9. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Known Member

Thanks! I don't even collect MP but I was curious how this one scaled with the previous biggest transformer ever.

• Like Like x 3
  10. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom I'm Sarah in The Allspark.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    16169460086275634321483747164103.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  11. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

Odd. The round part of #1 that is supposed to go into the screw hole is literally only 1.5 millimeters long (I measured it). And it's the same for both of them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of course the weight isn’t the issue, it’s the dimensions of the boxes. They can load it 12 to a skid going inside a wide cargo container all wrapped in plastic but by the time it gets to distribution, they’re broken down for labeling and outer mailer boxing. This is where my original post is talking about, the loading of boxes inside of a FedEx semi. At this point, the boxes are loose from the plastic wrap and has to go into the trucks 4 at a time. At least that’s how it was done twenty years ago when I was in the industry.

• Like Like x 2
  13. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    Mine's in Salem, OH! It's getting closer! Now...Let's make some magic happen and get here fast. Haha!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Raze134

Raze134 Well-Known Member

Same here. Every review I watched showed that hinge pop right off but mine wouldn't budge. The worst part though, while I was struggling to pry it apart, all of the weight of the backpack was pulling on that one screw that holds it on. I was sure I was going to break something.

• Like Like x 2
  15. WyldeBill

WyldeBill Yeeee Hawww!

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic When a spark goes online, there is great joy...

You need a pack of Spudgers! They can be found cheap on Amazon. A spudger is a nylon wedge that's unlikely to damage plastic.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Kwolf

Kwolf Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My package arrived earlier than they said, the driver said he made sure someone was home first an had me sign before he took it off the truck.

When he carried to the house the first thing that went through my mind was hey a shipping box cool then.... Where am I going to put that box so the lady of the house doesn't see it?

Yeah I didn't tell her yet..... But I will....:( 

• Like Like x 4
  18. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I did. I took the back leg off and the stand still works just fine.

• Like Like x 3
  19. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I second the claim. I got sick of having the back foot of the stand get in the way while transforming it. Realized that the center of gravity is at the front half of the stand. Just unscrew it and the foot slides out. The extra face and chin still stores underneath unaffected.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kwolf

Kwolf Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I managed to get it upstairs. This box can't fit in my attic so it has to stay in the soon to be converted display room.

Yeah it's a mess.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3