Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyFox787

GreyFox787 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alright...someone help me feel less ******ed.

I just unboxed mine, and cannot for the life of me figure out how to attach Unicron to the stand.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Honestly makes me feel better that I'm not the only one whos Unicron is taking a presidential rail tour of the US like Lincoln did to get to Virginia. Mine seems to move one state every 12 hours. It shipped out Tuesday and was supposed to be here yesterday. Now it's just pending and still in Joplin MO. This is getting ridiculous and starting to really irritate me. We've had great weather all this week, now next week is supposed to rain like every day. Thanks FedEx.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube is always your best friend, if not, Google is.. but in any case..

This should help you! :) 

• Like Like x 2
  4. GreyFox787

News Credits:
    Thank yyou!

I'd tried Google, as well as several video reviews...seems like none of them thought to mention something that is completely ignored in the instructions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TFC201482

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    From other reviewers, the instructions are in the manuel, however they are in the back. Check there too!

• Like Like x 1
  6. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    Got mine yesterday, need to transform at some point. I am so happy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

Even when I think I finally have it figured out it gets bungled again. The latest status is that it is on the truck and out for delivery from FedEx's usual nearby Cudahy WI location, yet the estimated arrival date is now Monday. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Me no understand.

• Like Like x 1
  8. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

News Credits:
    Okay. I spoke to a Fedex manager at my work yesterday. He was there for a unrelated thing. Here is the low down with Unicron. He has been classified as oversized. Hasbro/Pulse made a deal to have him classified as oversized instead of freight (due to the box size). What does that mean. He gets put on trucks that have extra space on them. The box is outside of the normal packing guidelines so it does not fit the sorting algorithm they use to pack the trailers. This can lead to him taking a scenic tour of the US as he makes his way to his forever home. This also applies to the local delivery trucks; if there is no room he gets held back till there is room another day or on another truck. Yes it is damn inconvenient when you are patiently waiting for the "Out for Delivery" update but the alternative is waiting for a reefer or tractor trailer to pull up to deliver your Unicron; plus it would not have been free shipping from Pulse if it went freight (CA to VA freight starts at $370 and goes up as you increase the speed). The average travel time for freight coast to coast is 2-3 weeks. That 10 day Home Delivery is looking better and better. Also, that signature requirement is being left up to the local delivery managers' to enforce or not. My delivery zone is waiving the signature so keep an eye on the tracking as the box may just get dumped on the porch; door bell ring optional. The signature requirement was put in place before Covid hit and was not renegotiated. Hope this helps relieve some stress.

• Like Like x 11
  9. GreyFox787

News Credits:
    Well, got him on the stand. Attaching the next bits, and discovered this:

20210327_111503.jpg

Minor damage, to be sure...but still a bit disappointed in that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    anyone else's look like that?

• Like Like x 1
  11. neeral36

News Credits:
    Check to see if the piece in the packaging somewhere. If it is then a little plastic weld will reattach it. If not, I would get a little yellow paint that matches or close to it to cover the white to make it not so noticeable. The one thing I am accepting it that there are going to be small issues with Unicron. There are also some people that are having larger issues (like Astrotrain with the shoulder issue) that hopefully Hasbro can help resolve. These were assembled by hand by temp employees in a rented warehouse as a one off product. If they were a retail item they would have been done on a assembly line with automation and more strict QC protocols. I for one am just damn glad I got one (it is one of the highlights of my collection) and cannot see myself parting with it. Mine does have a few small cosmetic issues I am working on fixing; mostly paint issues. The damn lower teeth are a global issue; have a Gundam marker on order to fix that. And a few not so straight towers but a little hot water and patience will fix those.

• Like Like x 3
  12. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

I think that makes you the third person in the thread so far to have that problem on that exact same peg. Sounds like some guy at the factory got careless and starting breaking it off repeatedly. Depending on how fast they were working it could be hundreds of units with this problem.

• Like Like x 2
  13. TFC201482

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Question for those who may have done the same. I've changed the location of Uni to go to the Dollar Store in the next town over. Granted I did it yesterday. I can still see Uni moving as he travels but the final location on Fedex still shows as my address. Will that or should that change by Monday to show that it's going to the dollar store? Should I be worried or need to call Fedex? I'm probably overthinking or being overly paranoid but um, for a 600 dollar figure, I can't help but be. Thanks for any input.

• Like Like x 1
  14. neeral36

News Credits:
    I have seen it take more than 24 hours before a re-routing updates on the tracking website; if you have a Fedex account (advanced tracking) you can check there as it gets more recent updates than the generic tracking site. If it has not updated by first thing Monday morning I would give them a call to see if their system sees the change. I have had a few that never got changed due to the package being to close to the destination to be re-routed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Toxin715

Toxin715 Well-Known Member

Lol those are real, city of industry use to hold the GREAT Frank N Sons.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Toxin715

Toxin715 Well-Known Member

What sucks is I live right by Hasbro in Chino....I shouldn't have slept on Pulse.

• Like Like x 3
  17. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    Well this was a fun 90 minutes or so. Holy shit this thing is large and it’s a bit of a wrestle at times. You’d better enjoy folding panels too. Result is worth it though.

6EB85201-C896-4387-8D69-24193E1725CF.jpeg CBFA3CC9-87D9-48E8-9F85-979E1C743004.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  18. GreyFox787

News Credits:
    Luckily I thought to check the box for that little bit (though thank you still to the user who suggested it!). Got it in a baggy waiting for when I decide to transform him...nothing a little super glue can't fix.

If I hadn't found it, I probably would have just sanded the break to get rid of the breakage discoloration.

• Like Like x 2
  19. TFC201482

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'll keep that in mind and check things out on Monday. It's in the middle of the country now so I would hope that I changed it in due time. If it updates then I won't be as worried. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Turbine027

Turbine027 Boys or Toys? BOTH!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Transformed him finally this morning... his scale is hard to capture in photos!!!

CDBB6D6A-BD7A-4B1C-8464-7DE30D3AE230.jpeg

5ED248DB-FF25-4551-BCE7-BB8013D89A08.jpeg

2D3F4102-52A5-4B5C-A65D-A33F9D553BE3.jpeg

10D75A79-BEB3-4A13-9F86-083513823B1B.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.