Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Haskett

Matthew Haskett Well-Known Member

I think where you all are confused is that you are focusing on fixed costs and how it seems to make sense that making more units would only increased variable costs that are fixed per unit.

This is, however, rarely the case and the cost of producing one additional unit can be astronomical when you consider all the various elements that need to come together in manufacturing. It is theoretically possible that profits drop off after 8k and only increase at 13k units.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Supreme Unicron

Supreme Unicron Dutch TF fan

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Don't mind me, just posting pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 41
  3. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I completely agree that the solution Hasbro makes should not involve any customizing beyond undoing a screw or two. The answer is literally right in front of our faces. Hasbro can make a spoke shaped cover out of a semi flexible plastic, cast in matching yellow to snap over the maw. It’s a single piece of plastic, ONE PIECE. Do it Hasbro. Regain our trust.

proof of concept AE815661-A685-4E1F-8D19-FC41F2116D14.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  4. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

I dont care ........ I can easily paint the maw pieces. ........or or or or......... hear me out......... tell toyhax/reprolabels to make stickers that are matching color to make it orange and voila ........there you go. spend 600$............ whats 5-10$ from toyhax or to get paints to mix to match the orange and paint yourself. This would be the easiest paint job ever.

what they should have done was just paint it....... and just add 5-10$ extra on the next transformers haslab project (because we'd never know it was added to it anyways)

but people bashing the figure , lol most are just people who already liked bashing the figure.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Scott_XIII

Scott_XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fort max vs Unicron - there's one hell of a price difference between these two, is it justified?

• Like Like x 4
  6. crazee928

crazee928 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i don’t think there’s any confusion here, as i never claimed to know exactly how much more the profit margin would be. what i am saying though, is that in the grand scheme of things, the cost of painting a few more pieces should be peanuts compared to the rest of the manufacturing costs, which any additional profits from the added volume should’ve been more than able to cover. and if not, the business as a whole has enough in their reserve to cover.

they couldn’t even do that for a figure where they touted premium paint apps. where’s the “premium” when it’s being treated the same as a main-line release?

• Like Like x 4
  7. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Scale be damned! :lol 

in cannon though, Unicron would just simply shrug him off like a tiny bug and dismiss he's even there. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Juraash

Juraash Well-Known Member

If people think that Hasbro is going to make molds for a new part, make a bunch of that part and then send them to people for free, when they also think they "cut costs" by not painting a thing...hoooo boy. I'll just say I admire your optimism.

• Like Like x 10
  9. WinstoBot

News Credits:
    Today is the day guys. It’s time to stand with your fellow TF collectors the same way we all stood together to make this campaign happen. It’s time to send a polite but loud message that we are unhappy about the forgotten paint on Unicron’s maw and we want Hasbro to make a fix for it. We paid $600 for this and we will be heard. Send a message so we all can get Unicron to look the way he does when we backed it.
    A6C29507-6571-4A12-8BA6-3D535BDA5E02.jpeg

[email protected]

proof of concept
    945D9DC2-2B29-47C5-9D21-97F858246CA3.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  10. Supreme Unicron

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The sheer mass of Unicron is much more than Fort Max (or even Scorponok, who is a bit more solid). The plastic of the main robot is very thick, add to that the plastic of the planet shell parts.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This would not surprise me. I just checked Twitter and there are only five "#FixUnicron" tweets from two people.

• Like Like x 8
  12. RoadPigJohn

RoadPigJohn Transformers & 80's Cartoon/Figures Fan

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If you seen cards/boxes from other Hasbro figures/vehicles you will notice the warning ⚠️ about colors may very from final product. If such a warning was never at the box of the expensive Unicron Figure then you are all in your right to ask for a satisfaction to Hasbro for such a misleading prototype show up promise as the end product... ✌️

• Like Like x 2
  13. darkmoon76

darkmoon76 Well-Known Member

The MOTUC Castle Grayskull door was noticed before production by fans and Mattycollector comunicated well with a back and forth with fans and it was "fixed" before release To make sure a figure could stand inside the Jawbridge doorway with plenty of headroom.

Super7, a company known for messing up build quality and deco on high priced collector items, got the MOTUC Snake Mountain playset put out and it was received very well by almost everyone. There were almost no complaints on it even though it was a super expensive item. They did take forever to release it, but they made sure they didn't mess it up.

With Unicron, no one knew what the final product would look like until they were all packed in boxes to be shipped.

Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain certainly at least LOOKED like what people had preordered.
    Pulling pins is not that hard, sure. But there is always a chance something could be stressed or you could do it incorrectly (wrong direction) or do it perfectly with the proper equipment (pin punch etc) and STILL have it break. Those hinges the pins go in are weak points as we see on many broken toys posted in the forums. I certainly don't want to take that chance with what I hope will be the centerpiece in my Transformers collection.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  14. RoadPigJohn

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not everybody is a customizer and that's the big reason many collectors just buy official products so they don't deal with stuff not made up to par with what they want it.

• Like Like x 4
  15. WinstoBot

News Credits:
    I see that you would like to have the option of having the yellow mouth too. Then direct that energy to sending a message to Hasbro that you want it. Even if there’s a slim chance of change, what do you have to lose? Stand with us brother.

[email protected]

99630009-16C3-47E9-9589-C1520C2194E5.jpeg E2C9AD43-751B-4799-B191-7BCAD1C9B21D.jpeg Proof of concept

• Like Like x 4
  16. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You say "stand with us" but where are your posts? There are no posts from anyone on Instagram with a "FixUnicron" hashtag and only five on Twitter.

• Like Like x 8
  17. UnicronPrimus

UnicronPrimus Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Though a sticker is an easy fix for the chomping doors as they are tiny. While a sticker for the whole maw is different, more obvious stickers would be needed and it would look not as premium anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  18. RoadPigJohn

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Another important point to notice for collectors is if you decide to sell this item and you just painted yourself, the people can tell you this was modified so the value is not the same anymore... Look at all those toy hunting show when people don't get much money for stupid things like that...

• Like Like x 4
  19. Scott_XIII

Scott_XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So.... Yes?

• Like Like x 3
  20. Supreme Unicron

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    IMO yes. He's a very different beast than the Titan class figures