Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. crazee928

crazee928 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i applaud you for being able to look at the brighter side of things, and i’m happy you’re still in good health. that’s more important than anything else.

while you’re able to accept the shortcomings, however trivial it may seem in the grand scheme of things, i think others are just calling out the small bait-and-switch thing haslab did. like @Monari just said above, hasbro is a large business that has more than enough in their reserve to afford a few dollars to add the finishing touches as many of the backers expected. some padding should always be added to their budget as risk assessments, and i also don’t feel like a crowd-funded item should be treated the same as a mass-release item. a little more care should’ve be been put into this guy, imo, and that absence of that extra care is what the other side has a problem with.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Jesse guerra

Jesse guerra Godjinrai

News Credits:
    Probably nothing tbh I've accepted it and I will be glad to get my Unicron.i think its great and im getting a studio cell as well so I'll have the best of both worlds lol

• Like Like x 5
  3. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    Unlike Haslab, this thread always delivers.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  4. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom I'm Sarah in The Allspark.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nice :)  lemme know how Cell is, I fear those translucent clips.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Are you suggesting the factory used the wrong plastic color without Hasbro's approval?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    Is there any particular reason people in this thread insist on being such dickheads to people who are (god forbid) voicing their displeasure or disappointment on an expensive product?

This shitty attitude is why people are called shills or Hasbro defenders, because you're being defensive pricks to people when you don't need to. Literally no reason for you to respond to people who are voicing their frustrations, and you insist on calling them 'pathetic' and other such things.

Jesus christ it's a toy. If you can't voice your opinion without being a smartass then don't bother. Just because complacency is cool to some of you now doesn't mean everyone else is obligated to feel the same way.

• Like Like x 12
  7. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh hey I found the trailers that used to be on the Campaign page and had the fine print attached to them that are now missing from said page.
    Unicron Conversion HASLAB.png
    Unicron HASLAB.png
    Sneaky trying to hide the "Product not final" stuff, only found these now since I was bored on youtube.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Factories are generally controlled and overseen by TakaraTomy, not Hasbro.

• Like Like x 2
  9. crazee928

crazee928 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i have no idea how you concluded that from my response.

• Like Like x 4
  10. pokemonsdoom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly I'd send another email but that whole thing where they used my dead name on my new email kind of disturbed me, I mean my Hasbro pulse account was made after I came out,

• Like Like x 7
  11. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    I've been there, try not to let it get you down too much.

People sending emails and voicing their concerns in a reasonable manner should be something we encourage, but we have a bunch of brain-trusts mocking those who aren't happy with the expensive thing they bought that doesn't quite look like what was advertised previously, and continuously brush away all criticism and continue to belittle their fellow fans.

Being a prick to other people isn't actually that difficult, if you got Unicron and are happy with him? Awesome. If you aren't satisfied and feel as if you were let down? That's also a valid feeling.

• Like Like x 9
  12. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’d hope a grey model wasn’t final ;) 

• Like Like x 8
  13. pokemonsdoom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    but it would match Unicron Neo,

• Like Like x 1
  14. dustbuster

dustbuster Well-Known Member

There is a whole process, after the prototype phase, of deciding what types of materials are needed for each part, and accordingly, planning out what parts will go onto the sprues in each respective color.

At this stage, Hasbro knows exactly what parts will be produced in each color, what parts will need to be painted in order to color match, and which parts will be made in unpaintable plastics.

This is all done BEFORE the molds are actually produced.

They also produce detailed paint guides showing exactly what parts to paint each color in advance.

Hasbro knew about this a LONG time ago. It's impossible for them to have not known, unless the factories messed up.

Even then, as shown from behind the scenes talk with Botcon, the factories send over (or at least photos of) factory produced product to confirm everything is okay, before going into full-scale production. There are opportunities to correct.

• Like Like x 8
  15. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You said the factory wouldn't get paid if they made something outside of the proper specifications.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jesse guerra

Jesse guerra Godjinrai

News Credits:
    Yea they look scary.
    I believe skullface broke some of the clips in his review and it was Robert D's cell

• Like Like x 2
  17. PrimeProblem

PrimeProblem Well-Known Member

So HasLab hasn’t responded to the deluge of concerned emails apart from perfunctory hand-waiving, I’m a bit out the loop and reading the thread just saddens me so - it didn’t have to be like this and they brought it all on themselves just to save what, minuscule dollars compared to the enmity they’ve engendered. Myopic is an understatement.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Scott_XIII

Scott_XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well it looks red in your movie pic so..... Can I ask for a red one?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  19. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Alright, I’m sorry but this is just getting embarrassing. Extra spikes, tons of kibble, 8 abs, $575, all good. But the maw, my god, the maw is blue! Now I’m in a state of spiraling disappointment and depression! Give me a break, I know people feel duped and that’s fine. But holy hell, it’s not the end of the world, enough is enough. Just sell it if you hate it so much. It’s been entertaining reading though this thread for the over reacting South Park towns people vibe. But this comment I quoted just pushed it in to being pathetic. “It saddens me so”, oh woe is me, “to save what, minuscule dollars compared to the enmity they’ve engendered”. Jeeeezus. For this ignominious utterance, I can not face palm hard enough. Lol

• Like Like x 7
  20. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you "get it", why are you giving people grief over trying to get some sort of response from Hasbro over their own fuck up? This right here is why the TF fandom is roundly considered to be one of the shittiest around - it's the eagerness of fans to throw other fans under the bus just to, I don't know what, score some imaginary brownie points with Hasbro? That must be it I guess.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 13