Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom I'm Sarah in The Allspark.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you do realize people who bought directly from Hasbropulse cant CANCEL

• Like Like x 4
  2. turbobluestreak

turbobluestreak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro is a for profit company, I'm happy it's being made but this wasn't done out of the goodness of their heart, they had to show it would make the company money. Yes it was made for the fans and after the many years of Botcons, toyfairs, SDCC, and NYCC they should have know how we would have reacted to deco change on the maw. I believe their would be much more people upset about Unicron, but those people lost faith in Hasbro long ago and bought Studio Cell instead.

tbs

• Like Like x 4
  3. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    They sure as hell can call up their credit card company and open a case for fraud.

• Like Like x 2
  4. dragologer

dragologer "Such heroic nonsense"

True. very true.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OrionPaximus

OrionPaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The lower teeth seems like an odd omission not to paint. Unless their logic is the lower teeth would be silver and when the removed faceplate shows all blue plastic.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom I'm Sarah in The Allspark.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    were you wishing to comment or remind us that exist?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Magusreaver

Magusreaver Lucretia, my reflection, dance the ghost with me

Point of note shipping prices have surged since pandemic. Since shipping has already been paid by us at time of purchase Hasbro has to eat those cost increases. At some point across the board this would have been factored into the end production. Also point of note.. since the pandemic this isn't all hands on deck at hasbro as it would have been. So maybe we didn't get twice as many updates. If your toy is missing a color application ,well 2.4 million people have died since this thing launched, and now everyone has tied up the mail systems. Its a miracle we are getting him at all.

• Like Like x 8
  8. ATLMYK

ATLMYK Well-Known Member

On a charge from over a year ago because part of a toy has a different color? Good luck

• Like Like x 13
  9. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I work for a credit union and even with our cards, you have 60 days to dispute fraud. Anything past that is your loss. So depending on the credit card company, it "may" be possible, I'm not going to say that it's "not" because, who knows? Anything is possible but I'm going to pretty much go ahead and say that your chances are not looking very good.

• Like Like x 5
  10. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All the more reason for us to all tell Hasbro tomorrow Feb14, that we are unhappy that they forgot to paint important parts of a $600 item we all paid for. The solution is a single piece of plastic that they can print again, and put paint on it, send it to whoever wants it. For those of you who are happy with how it turned out, why are you obstructing the rest of us from getting what we paid for? What does it have to do with you. Be happy, good for you. For the rest of us ...let us have our voice.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No worries!

In short, I love him.

I've never owned a figure this massive before, and like I said earlier, every time I look at him sitting there taking up way too much space I get this goofy grin on my face.

Does the kibble suck? Yeah kind of. Would it have been nice if he'd had electronics or some opening ports like Armada Unicron had? Sure. Have I had more expensive collectibles? Yeah. But this is the largest, honest-to-god *toy* i've ever owned. There is a LOT to appreciate about this figure, from the detailing, to the attempt to mimic the movie in his transformation, to the sheer heft of his limbs.

The fact that these two are technically considered to be part of the same line absolutely blows me away.
    [​IMG]

I want to see more Haslab Transformers toys for sure. Unicron isn't perfect, and I am in no way demanding perfection. I can live with the half-painted silver shoulders, I don't care about the gumdrop Rodimus or Galvatron, and the wing connectors being blue gets a resounding "meh" from me. The teeth not being painted is irritating but forgiveable, but the maw....it feels like they went 95% of the way there and then just stopped at the last minute. The blue of the ring and the unpainted blue of the chompers in the middle just feels like a rush job, and given how much care went into the rest of the figure, I really don't understand it. It bothered me so much I took the entire assembly apart, and, unless Hasbro sends us all an entirely new panel, I don't really see what the fix can be for it. That doesn't mean that I think it's fair for Hasbro to ignore it or hand-wave it away. At the very least some sort of acknowledgment from them is owing, otherwise where's the good faith? Haslab products require two parties - the customers upheld their side of the deal by giving Hasbro the money they promised. It's only fair to ask Hasbro to hold up their end of the bargain:

Hasbro: Hey, I have this cool product here. If you give me enough money, I will be able to mass produce it and make it for you!

Customers: Wow, that does look great! I will help you in making it! Here is my money.

Hasbro: Thanks. Now here is the product.

Customers: But that does not look like what you promised.

Hasbro: Fuck off manbaby.

Where everyone is disagreeing is whether Hasbro did deliver as promised within reason or did not. And I think that gap of opinion is a void that neither side will ever be able to cross. Personally, I don't think they did, and I look to things like the included instruction book, which has numerous pictures of the planet mode with the proper coloring, as proof that they intended to have the maw as orange but deliberately changed their minds partway through for some reason (probably cost-cutting).

• Like Like x 20
  12. BlankMan

BlankMan Well-Known Member

I hear and understand every single argument that is being said, but come on. Haslab was soo gungho and excited about sending us the first few updates (which of course got us pumped), then in the end we get packing procedure updates instead of ANY final figure color updates? I actually thought somehow I missed a couple of product updates because of the way the last one was presented. I thought we were all apart of witnessing the arrival of the caos bringer together? Guess not all of him. They had plenty of opportunities to explain or get any kind of feedback from us in regards to production like they did with his hand articulation for example.

Bottom line if they were making these types of changes why wouldn't they tell us in an update before packaging?

Don't get me wrong, the fact that we can even own this figure amazes the shit out of me but they obviously knew exactly what we were expecting to get. Personally I feel like I signed up for a "made to order" piece from an extremely capable business that unnecessarily compromised my purchase.
    Just sayin.

• Like Like x 7
  13. dustbuster

dustbuster Well-Known Member

I backed Unicron, and I am not personally don't mind the colors changed in the Unicron sitting on my shelves that much.

But here's the thing. I have friends that do care. And there are people I don't even know that care. And they're not wrong for caring, even if it doesn't affect me the same way.

I am standing in solidarity with them, and openly speaking out.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  14. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They have total control over budget and time constraints? Do you think Hasbro is run by wizards?

• Like Like x 4
  15. HAL237

HAL237 Star Saber Backer #1

News Credits:
    Yeah, Hasbro changing the color of what is arguably the most iconic and focal aspect of the character’s design at the last minute is a pretty dick move.

It’s unfortunate, because despite the kibble and even the other skipped paint apps, the figure is 95% there in the looks department. But the centerpiece of the planet mode being cast in the complete wrong color is such an eyesore.

• Like Like x 10
  16. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    It's a shame because where this figure really shines is in alt mode. Maybe a 3p company could offer an upgrade kit for those who want an orange planet mouth.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Edit: I didn’t know when I made this post that the complaints started with Update #5. This has since been pointed out to me, so apologies for my ignorance. I’m leaving my original post below so as not to remove any context from the thread. See my follow-up post before responding to what I say below. Thanks.

The final maw coloring was literally shown in a few of the updates, including update #5 in the production and assembly video. Seems nobody really paid attention or it wouldn’t have been a surprise.

A2F5102D-BA9C-407A-9EFD-0EFC1F65D45C.jpeg
    A0344B7F-7317-48C7-B52E-949ACCDA8A59.jpeg
    5EECCC3E-B0A1-42F8-88AB-9A94B2668CF8.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seems the thread is still alive but uh...has a lot of disputes. I'm going to stay silent for a bit and still chime in at times but will be working on my art.

• Like Like x 4
  19. dragologer

dragologer "Such heroic nonsense"

I watched the video three times in a row when they first dropped it...
    and never once noticed the change until people started screaming about it on here. Just not that big of an eye sore to me.
    I get it that it is for others but I would have never noticed the difference until I finally got mine in hand.
    K. for real that's all for me. I had no intention of chiming in on this in the first place
    but after those broken wing photos showed up...my disappointment crashed hard.
    felt the need to vent. didn't really help.
    I'm just gonna have to suck it up and move on.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Magusreaver

Magusreaver Lucretia, my reflection, dance the ghost with me

Again. A major world altering event happened. People were forced to work from home. None of the past year has been business as usual. They have been trying to keep their heads above water on this project, as well as hasbro stock lost 29% in the first quarter of last year. With shipping prices also tearing into this project.
    hell if you follow the stock trend.. last year took the wind out their sales on all fronts.