Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you might think I was being mean? I didn’t intend to offend.

and MP bumblebee 2.0 is fantastic. Really cleans up nicely for such a tiny little bot :) 

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    The big difference here is that the blue plate still functions as it should and is structurally sound. The legs they offered corrected a functional deficiency that affected the value of the figure.
    The color of the ring was shown in August, and even though some people may dislike it, it still works as intended and HasTak shouldn't be expected to fix something that isn't broken.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Venomus Rodimus

Venomus Rodimus Well-Known Member

I've sent an email to TCP on the estimated release date for Unicron.

• Like Like x 5
  4. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Would you kindly, keep me posted?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Venomus Rodimus

Venomus Rodimus Well-Known Member

Stay tuned.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Perhaps this piece could not hold up to paint, that's a valid argument.

But for close to $600, someone at the big toy company needed to be able to forsee that and mold that piece in orange. End of story.

There are no excuses when they totally control everything about this. The product is on them. They need to be accountable, or they need to suffer the consequences. Have at it.

They were not upfront or transparent about this change in any way. It just was. And as we see now, it's obvious why they weren't. They knew it was bad. But they have profits to maintain at your expense. The wealth transfers from you to the shareholders whether you get what you paid for or not.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
  7. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you ok with an Optimus Prime head that works but was left green instead of the expected blue and silver? How about after you paid $600 for it?

• Like Like x 5
  8. Johnny1378

Johnny1378 Well-Known Member

Thank you! I’ve been wondering about this. Waiting on this and the Xtransbots Monolith trailer from TCP.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Prime1123

Prime1123 Member

I own Hasbro stock, here is a recent story if it gives anyone insight on why they maybe cutting corners:

Hasbro not having much fun today after warning about rising freight costs
    1:37 PM ET 2/8/21 | Briefing.com
    Related Quotes

[​IMG]
    4:00 PM ET 2/10/21
    Symbol Last % Chg

HAS

92.29 1.71%
    Quotes delayed at least 15 minutes

Hasbro (HAS), which markets games and toys under brands such as Nerf, Play-Doh, and Monopoly, reported 4Q20 results that exceeded EPS and revenue consensus estimates. During the pandemic, demand for games strengthened as households focused more on at-home entertainment options. Additionally, the holiday shopping season was solid for many retailers, especially for those with a strong eCommerce presence. According to the National Retail Federation, online sales during the holiday shopping season grew by 24% yr/yr.

The favorable environment helped boost revenue in HAS's total gaming category higher by 27% to $561.2 mln, driven by notable strength in the Monopoly and Magic: The Gathering games. Healthy sales growth for Nerf products provided an addition lift to the company's franchise brands segment.

Another item that stands out from HAS's report is the recovery in its struggling eOne business, which has been badly hamstrung by the pandemic. This business generates revenue from producing live-action entertainment around its Peppa Pig and PJ Masks franchises. Acquired in August 2019 for $4 bln, the addition of eOne has not worked out the way HAS envisioned. With COVID-19 shutting down many theaters across the country, eOne suffered a 29% dive in revenue over the first nine months of FY20.

Although live-action productions were very limited for most of 2020, HAS continued scripting content for films and entertainment opportunities throughout the year. This enabled HAS to capitalize on the gradual return of live-action production in late Q3 and into Q4, resulting in a 10% yr/yr jump in revenue for the eOne segment.

These highlights, though, are being overshadowed by a few challenges that HAS encountered during the quarter, as well as come cautious commentary regarding 1Q21.

For instance, Partner Brands revenue declined by 14% to $349.6 mln. The drop reflects a very difficult yr/yr comparison in Frozen toys due to the theatrical release of Frozen 2 on November 22, 2019. To put this impact into perspective, during the earnings conference call, CEO Brian Goldner stated that the company's point-of-sale grew by 4% in Q4 if Frozen is excluded from the data.

The more pressing concern, however, relates to the company's comments about shipping constraints and port congestion. CFO Deborah Thomas commented that the company is closely monitoring the freight situation and that it has met demand despite these issues. The bad news is that the cost of managing freight is rising and that costs don't appear to be easing over the near-term.

Furthermore, Thomas took a somewhat cautious approach to the company's outlook, adding, "... it's important to recognize that we continue to operate through a pandemic, where things are at times unpredictable and don't develop as we expect."

A cross-current of positive market trends for toys and games, pandemic-related headwinds, and intense competition from companies like Mattel (MAT) - which reports earnings tomorrow afternoon - produced mixed results across HAS's portfolio. The gradual return of live-action production should provide a lift over the coming quarters, helping to negate some of the logistics-related pressures.

• Like Like x 3
  10. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I wonder if it's an issue with color matching. I would've worried about chipping if the maw was painted, but I think that an orange maw, but with that square of plastic being just ever so slightly off shade from the rest of the planet would've bothered me more. It's a lose-lose to me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. psycholak

psycholak Member

IMG_20210211_104054.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  12. WinstoBot

News Credits:
    We ALL know Hasbro F*ked up here. No need to defend it. Those of you who backed it and are ok with that: congratulations, and I’m glad you’re happy. Those of you who backed it and are unhappy about the way it turned out: be a loud as you want to be. I’ve paid for that right!!!

mailto:[email protected]

• Like Like x 14
  13. Spether

Spether Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is exactly what I was thinking too, especially the price.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    Stickers suck. In no way would that ever be my solution to this problem.

• Like Like x 11
  15. Prime1123

Prime1123 Member

they made a working prototype in orange no problem and showed it all over ComicCon in NY. Showed it working fine in orange in the demo videos painted in the correct color, they could have clear air brushed this like they did the other parts that had that blue plastic base.

• Like Like x 8
  16. RSZ

RSZ Banned

Not even long enough for hasbro to laugh in your face

• Like Like x 1
  17. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    You’re a true hero for showing us this. Thank you!

• Like Like x 8
  18. Spether

Spether Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't wait for next year when Takara announces they are reissuing this mold with the right maw and other paint apps for maximum cartoon accuracy.

It will be called MP-UC+.

• Like Like x 4
  19. WinstoBot

News Credits:
    I forgot to share some good news today. This morning, my buddy (who’s not into Transformers at all) texted me wondering what’s up with Unicron. He heard from other toy forums and social media about the Unicron drama. What’s mawgate? So it appears the word is bleeding out slowly to other toy media about this. We need to get Hasbro to give us a real response.

mailto:[email protected]

• Like Like x 10
  20. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    There’s already intentionally two different shades of orange in that area. I wouldn’t be worried about stuff matching.

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.