Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venomus Rodimus

Venomus Rodimus Well-Known Member

I'm not planning to paint the gears - just the maw.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Seanprime

Seanprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So for all the people mad it was shown all the way back in the update video number 3 from august?? So no one noticed it seems lol

• Like Like x 3
  3. mechman22

mechman22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looking at the pictures, I am assuming 3D printing a set of orange gears and painting the front visible blue to orange is all that is needed.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Krayt

Krayt Well-Known Member

there were 2 in the update.... one yellow, one blue. and the blue was missing ALL paint apps.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Seanprime

News Credits:
    Came in here to get an update to say that all this rage and anger when they showed the color change all the way back in august and said that’s what it was going to be on camera, so they did tell everyone just no one was listening or fully paying attention. Meaning they didn’t do anything really wrong. They said that was the deco. Also who really thought they would do anything in response to the emails? I hope no one really expected that. The response was kinda lame but ultimately this situation went how I thought it would. Basically it is what it is

• Like Like x 2
  6. mechman22

Ebay:
    The blue showing in the hinge of the pincers cannot be fixed though, without a new whole panel.
    I would say live with that one since its not that visible.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    If Hasbro were to offer a replacement, it would be the entire mechanism and panel, not just the blue panel part. Just like the AT-TE replacement parts were the entire legs, not just the faulty gear/joint.

• Like Like x 3
  8. mechman22

Ebay:
    A pre-painted panel and orange gears would be the right fix if the offered it.

• Like Like x 4
  9. mechman22

Ebay:
    Issues aside it's still an impressive toy.

Hope you guys can still enjoy and admire it for what it is, after all the smoke clears.

• Like Like x 12
  10. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  11. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for doing that. So the blue maw and the surrounding blue square are one and the same. So a replacement piece isn't an option unless it's the whole face, with the maw painted.

Hopefully a third party thinks of this too but I think aside from a paint solution, the next best thing is a cap of some kind to go on the front of the maw between the teeth that plugs into the hole. The gaps between the teeth seem plenty big enough for it and there seems to even be enough space for a cap to fit when the teeth are closed.

I think that answers the final question too of why Hasbro did this. It's all one piece so they'd have to paint it, and they didn't want to paint it because of the risk of the paint rubbing off. The end. Fine by me. Please someone make a cap.

• Like Like x 1
  12. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Yeah, looking at what the problem is with Unicron, considering that there are a) the tiny gears b) potentially rubbing from the teeth c) potentially rubbing from the mouth opening mechanism being rotated, that is an area where you wouldn't want paint if you wanted to ensure it worked smoothly, and if you wanted to ensure there was no chipping/scratches on what's meant to be a PLAYABLE display piece.

End of the day this isn't something they can really fix without spending a LOT of money, because that entire front panel needs to be re-engineered to do it *right*.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Seanprime

News Credits:
    Agreed, this things looks massive and awesome. I hope you’ll actually enjoy the thing when it arrived which honestly I think a lot of you will once you actually have it you’ll spend more time enjoying it then worrying about the differennt colors. That’s my hope anyways

• Like Like x 3
  14. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's attached with two screws, although you may also need to slide a pin out, I'll take a look later.

Did they explicitly say that that was the final product? I don't recall. Most people assumed it was a test shot, I know I did. Who would have thought the final sample would have been done 7 months ago?

Actually, the cap may not be a bad idea, it would have to be pretty thin, maybe out of silicone or something, but I think it could work.

I'm still really annoyed with Hasbro's response. I think i'm going to start buying a lot more 3rd party products now out of spite.

• Like Like x 10
  15. mechman22

Ebay:
    @Monari
    I give you props man. Not many would have the guts to disassemble their brand new and every expensive collectible this fast after just receiving it.

Thanks for helping clear the air a bit.

• Like Like x 8
  16. RSZ

RSZ Banned

NICE!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

I think ToyHax/Reprolabels & 12 orange triangles is going to be the best most of us do. It will be like a $75 set with all sorts of options and those 12 stickers will be the only ones we apply

• Like Like x 7
  18. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As I’ve posted a few pages ago, Hasbro has been known to produce large complex replacement parts when they needed to. The example was the Big AT-ET from Star Wars that had a bad joint from the factory, so they made 4 new replacement legs for anyone who wanted a set from Customer Service. Those legs were articulated and way more parts than the mouth plate here. It can happen, we just need to let them know we really want it. Email them.

[email protected]

• Like Like x 6
  19. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no, i really am not as i could care less about the maw. im fixing it on my own. but i do feel like they are a coming.
    thanks and you are the man. i can't wait till i have this in hand. hopefully the 3p stores here in the states get them soon.

3d printed orange gears would be a good option i completely forgot about those.

• Like Like x 3
  20. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

That would get thrown out in about 0.2 seconds.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.